Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Port are approved to wear the Prison Bars in finals
>Port make the Grand Final
>Grand Final moved to Adelaide Oval after Coronavirus outbreak in Queensland

>Port Adelaide win a premiership in their 150th year, wearing the Prison Bars, at Adelaide Oval

I'm not getting my hopes up. People on twitter seem to think this is a Stephen Rowe rumour.
The dickhead accidentally doing us a favour!

Supposedly it was on social media before he announced it early on in his show, and then during his segment with Caro after the 5pm news.
Sorry guys...Rowey just said he rang and spoke to Port and they have categorically stated they have not applied for this...wonder where the rumour came from?

The second thing I saw yesterday was what appeared to be official gear. It was a PB based guernsey but with teal trim both on the bars, neck and arm.
i saw the guy wearing this at the game. I wanted to belt him

Ugly ******* bastardisation of a sacred guernsey

i saw the guy wearing this at the game. I wanted to belt him

Ugly ******* bastardisation of a sacred guernsey

And to make it worse, didn’t he have the number 7 on the back? Herb wouldn’t be happy with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caro was saying there may be pushback from the Crows to wear the PB's in their showdown because reasons.

I would be pushing for Anzac day instead...running out with the PB's on Anzac day would be bigger than a crow showdown.

Caro was saying there may be pushback from the Crows to wear the PB's in their showdown because reasons.

I would be pushing for Anzac day instead...running out with the PB's on Anzac day would be bigger than a crow showdown.

Because of their inferiority complex about their lack of history.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because of their inferiority complex about their lack of history.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Definitely.....I would still prefer Anzac day over a showdown, what better way to emphasise our history than to respect players that served our country and played for Port Adelaide such as Bob Quinn etc..
The showdowns are really only a history since 97.

Either that or we identify an anniversary of a previous premiership year/Champions of Aust title and get the AFL and SANFL to marry up fixtures eg. in 2021 we can celebrate the 40th anniversary of our GF win over Glenelg.

Get the AFL to program us a game at home v Richmond (Sat night?) and we wear the PB's for that, then a Sunday SANFL game v Glenelg at Alberton. Make it a "history weekend" celebration :p :thumbsu: :) ;)

We can do those for another 50 years!

Perfect!

That can only help us!

Definitely.....I would still prefer Anzac day over a showdown, what better way to emphasise our history than to respect players that served our country and played for Port Adelaide such as Bob Quinn etc..
The showdowns are really only a history since 97.
We would never have a home Anzac Round game again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back