Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, it would be entirely in character for the Crows to oppose the PBs given their entire reason for existence is to oppose the dominance and history of Port Adelaide. They would almost not be doing their job properly if they didn't.

Caro also said the AFL have finally given the club confirmation they will let the club makes its presentation to the Commission postseason.

Caro started off with coaches wearing PB's a few weeks ago then said - "Port have a date, OR they've certainly sent a letter to the AFL Commission, and the AFL Commission have agreed, to sit down with Keith Thomas, if he's still there as CEO or his replacement, and David Koch and the board and listen to their bid to play every showdown, not just home showdowns in the Prison Bar jumper."

Then goes on about push back from AFC, Kane's father Graham Cornes says it will be a disadvantage to Adelaide, incredibly, if they had to play Port in a PB jumper, the panel laughs. How?? someone asks.

"It's not an ambit claim, but they'd take home showdowns, and this is not going away, and there is going to be a meeting with the commission, post season.

Lloyd asks collingwood supporter and fill in host for Hutchy, Tony Jones for his view on it.
TJ Do you have any issue with it??
"Not at all. If its a one off game, once a year, why not celebrate their tradition? It's not like Port Adelaide JUST, became Port Adelaide when they joined the AFL. I, ah, its a real bee in Eddie's bonnett and he's gotta get over it. I just, let Port Adelaide wear the prison bar jumpers for that one game" Caro then interrupts and starts joking about TJ never hosting the show again after that comment.

Caro goes on a bit that it will be really interesting where it goes.

Reckon TJ gave a good summary of what Commission will probably allow, that enough people know Port just didn't come out of thin air into the AFL, but 1 game a year will probably all that gets approved.

Watch between 41.40 and 43.40 at 9 Now, but you will probably have sit thru 10 or 12 ads before you see the discussion.

Definitely.....I would still prefer Anzac day over a showdown, what better way to emphasise our history than to respect players that served our country and played for Port Adelaide such as Bob Quinn etc..
The showdowns are really only a history since 97.

Yep. I have said this since day 1.

Caro was saying there may be pushback from the Crows to wear the PB's in their showdown because reasons.

I would be pushing for Anzac day instead...running out with the PB's on Anzac day would be bigger than a crow showdown.

Lol, Adelaide are so short sighted and fixated on Port, rather than how this could help them in the long term. If they could tear themselves away from their own ineptitude for 5 minutes, they'd realise 2020 has ripped away the veneer that the competition is run for all clubs equally and not for the Vic clubs first, second and third. Given this they should be embracing anything that shows that Victoria isn't the 'only true football state, with only our clubs mattering'. Instead it's hur dee hur hur Port Power 1996.

Tony Jones is horrible, this year he keeps doing and saying things where I think he's not that bad and I wish he wouldn't.

He even got stuck in to Caro a few times and she mentioned Port quite a bit and thought she had an agenda against us.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on what was said on Footy Classified, it seems like the objection by the Crows is conjecture based on what old mate Graham has said about it in the media.

The presentation will no doubt be an interesting one. I think Kochie will be a good person for this. He is a very good salesman.

I think we should wear them in our first final at Adelaide Oval. Just run out in them without warning then do a GoFundMe to cover any fine.

We need to start owning this guernsey as our own, it's absolutely pathetic that we have to ask for permission to wear it.

Not technically BBTB related, but if Man U can wear this as an away strip, why the hell can't Collingwood come up with an alternative guernsey for away/clash?

118919628_938783903297800_1588934693585002750_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back