Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol when I was a kid I genuinely thought that they had swan arse feathers on their guernsey, until one day...oh that's the opera house.
That’s why it’s good though.

that one guy is well and truely doing his bit. Pity about all the surrounding teal diluting his message.

he's literally wearing teal

Sydney have one of the best looks in the league.

I absolutely love the idea of just wearing the bars and copping the fine and then just wearing them again the following week, copping another fine and then refusing to pay it. It's something KT should have done in his last year given he was falling on his sword anyway.

It's our correct home guernsey, just wear it.

I dont like this sort of thing at the football. It's not a football issue. It's an important issue but not the appropriate forum for it. Maybe if there was a transgender player on the field but otherwise it just seems completely random.
Who gives a * what you think.

I dont like this sort of thing at the football. It's not a football issue. It's an important issue but not the appropriate forum for it. Maybe if there was a transgender player on the field but otherwise it just seems completely random.
Eh, as a Port fan I don’t really care. Probably some of the most marginalised people in society. Good on em.

Really think you need to consider your attitude mate
Why’s that then? So opposition fans can come and complain about LGBT representation in our cheer squad?
I’m good ta.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why’s that then? So opposition fans can come and complain about LGBT representation in our cheer squad?
I’m good ta.
I have no problem whatsover with LGBT involvement, in fact it's great. I know it's an important issue as I stated...I just don't understand the concept of waving flags for it at a footy game... I'll leave it at that on that topic, maybe I don't "get it". Also I'm not just an opposition supporter. I know it's a strange choice of mine that you don't understand upholding a distinction in allegiances between the local comp Port and the AFL team but I have been a passionate Port supporter in that way for 30+ years. PAFC is of plenty of interest to me on topics concerning Port heritage or matters affecting the SANFL team.

I have no problem whatsover with LGBT involvement, in fact it's great. I know it's an important issue as I stated...I just don't understand the concept of waving flags for it at a footy game... I'll leave it at that on that topic, maybe I don't "get it". Also I'm not just an opposition supporter. I know it's a strange choice of mine that you don't understand upholding a distinction in allegiances between the local comp Port and the AFL team but I have been a passionate Port supporter in that way for 30+ years. PAFC is of plenty of interest to me on topics concerning Port heritage or matters affecting the SANFL team.
The SANFL team is the reserves m8 hopefully it means the extinction of muppets like you soon.

The SANFL team is the reserves m8 hopefully it means the extinction of muppets like you soon.
Obviously that will happen as time goes on now with the way it's set up post 2013 so it would be foolish to think otherwise. Anyways the actual important issue to worry about is the title of this thread.

It's a fan waving the flag, not a club initiative (not that I'd care if the club did want to use the flag at some point). So yeah, we have straight fans, gay fans, transgender fans and every other sort of fans. I don't know about the Lions, but at Port, as long as you bleed Black & White, that's all that matters.

Yeah, even as an anti Cliquer, this stuff doesn't really bother me in the slightest. Semaphore is the Lesbian Heart of Adelaide. We really should have a Women's AWFL team.

I lived on Semaphore road for about 6 months in the early 90's and assumed that the Sisters by the Sea bookshop had something to do with catholic nuns.
The penny finally dropped when I saw a rather large woman come out of there wearing a t-shirt with `The Beer Man's Nightmare!' emblazoned on it.

sidenote: if a player realised they were trans they would either stop playing to transition or suppress the * out of that s**t until their career was over.

it would take exceptional circumstances to be able to deal with the sexual harassment and s**t that goes on in locker rooms as a secret lady though, its a harrowing thought.

i suspect there have been a few but it’ll be a long time before we hear about it, especially given we haven’t even had a single AFL player come out as gay IIRC.

I just don't understand the concept of waving flags for it at a footy game...
Me neither. That’s why I don’t do it. I couldn’t care less whether someone does, though.

Are they barracking for Port? If yes, then, it’s all good.

P.S.: There is always a line, of course. But mine is set really far on this subject.

Yes, the cheer squad should only show support for causes on weeks mandated by the league.

I'm actually a touch proud our cheer squad is showing that level of inclusiveness. I know people bristle at the community club talk but stuff like this and our work with the indigenous community shows, as long as you love Port, you are part of the family.

May they wave that flag proudly for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back