Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Vasco
View attachment 1092537
As far as I know, red is not considered a third colour. It is never used beyond the cross and the number on the back.

D-I (4): Atlético Mineiro, Ceará, Corinthians, Santos.
D-II (4): Botafogo, Operário, Ponte Preta, Vasco.

I’m fairly sure Vasco came to Australia to play in a tournament that included the Socceroos, Spurs and one other side (Italian I reckon). I saw them play at Footy Park.

Strong contingent in Perth.

1617589773198.png

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

View attachment 1094326

It's everywhere. Supporters overwhelmingly favour the bars.

The only other similar scenarios I can think of where a club's supporters overwhelmingly wear a different playing top in the crowd to what the team wears at home is the couple of seasons after the Melbourne Heart became Melbourne City, or when Cardiff City's owners changed them to red for a few seasons.

Both of those instances are/were internal club decisions.

It's farcical that we're in the same boat.

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide (SANFL)

View attachment 1094326
I was at the game and saw lots of prison bars.

I was sitting 5 seats from Kochie and felt like going over and putting the hard word on him not to sign away our right to wear the guernsey more often in the future.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I was sitting 5 seats from Kochie and felt like going over and putting the hard word on him not to sign away our right to wear the guernsey more often in the future.

And yet you didn’t?

He was with his family, there's a time and place. I didn't feel it was an appropriate time to intrude.

I really can’t work out why you bother to post this.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
I really can't work out why you act like such a pretentious jerk on an internet forum, but here we are.

Because he cares. And you care too. And you both want the same thing. Yet, due overcaring, you end up on a strife.

Go figure!

Chokito

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2014
Perth WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats

Did you come to the pre-function?
David came and spoke plenty about the PB debate. AFL need to pull their finger out and make a call because we aren’t going to table the issue. We are sick of asking for something that is ours.
I’m sure if you spoke to him he would tell you the same thing.

Koch doesn't give a sh*t about the prison bars... do you think he's going to make some calls to accelerate the petition??
Not from what I can tell having spoken to him just this Saturday. Did he tell you he doesn’t give a s**t? It’s easy to make judgement calls on people if you haven’t conversed with what they had to say

He was with his family, there's a time and place. I didn't feel it was an appropriate time to intrude.

There’s a nice way to go about the conversation. The time and place would be at a football game where the team he is President of, is playing. You’re not going to abuse him in front if his family, but I don’t see an issue in a paying member asking for 30 seconds of his time at a football match, for the same that people ask him for a photo

If you pulled him aside from the Koch family reunion in Margaret River, perhaps a different story.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did you come to the pre-function?
David came and spoke plenty about the PB debate. AFL need to pull their finger out and make a call because we aren’t going to table the issue. We are sick of asking for something that is ours.
I’m sure if you spoke to him he would tell you the same thing.
Sounds nice in theory, but that allows the AFL to do what it does best in decisions that won't please everyone - do nothing.

The AFL will wait until Rd 7 is finished before they make an announcement one way or the other a few days before the showdown. Thats their MO

i wouldn't want to get close enough to Koch to hear his acting first-hand. there are Port Adelaide men who have won more flags than I have inches on my dingdong and they know David Koch is as Port Adelaide as Leigh Wicker. don't stare into his eyes too long next time, you'll get paralysed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back