Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you come to the pre-function?
David came and spoke plenty about the PB debate. AFL need to pull their finger out and make a call because we aren’t going to table the issue. We are sick of asking for something that is ours.
I’m sure if you spoke to him he would tell you the same thing.

Not from what I can tell having spoken to him just this Saturday. Did he tell you he doesn’t give a sh*t? It’s easy to make judgement calls on people if you haven’t conversed with what they had to say

There’s a nice way to go about the conversation. The time and place would be at a football game where the team he is President of, is playing. You’re not going to abuse him in front if his family, but I don’t see an issue in a paying member asking for 30 seconds of his time at a football match, for the same that people ask him for a photo

If you pulled him aside from the Koch family reunion in Margaret River, perhaps a different story.
Concur.

Koch is Chairman of our Club. He has a 365/24/7 job to do. He took it on gleefully. He maintains responsibility.

Sit five seats from him at a match and cringe?

Sounds like a member of the Club board.

I'm fully supportive of #CopTheFine. Wear the bars, force the AFL into a determining a course of action and then go from there. The current case where the AFL are clearly hoping we'll just go away needs to be pushed back against publicly.

Again, this is really a low stakes issue for the AFL. It's crucial for us, but for them it's a weird sideshow. This is the perfect thing to throw our weight behind and achieve, because it ultimately means nothing to anyone else. We can toe the party line with stuff the AFL cares about and push on this relative non-issue. We can push hard on the issue publicly because it's not embarrassing the AFL or affecting the important parts of the status quo as anyone bar Port people perceive it.

The only real concern for me with #CopTheFine is that the umpires are instructed to not commence the match, although I don't know at all what the process would be for the umpires ensuring that uniform standards are met so I imagine there would be a bit of a mad scramble between the time we run out and the first bounce if we tried this on.

We should be absolutely wearing the bars during pre-game warm ups, the coaches should be wearing the bars in the box, everyone and anyone publicly representing the club should have the guernsey on. Koch should wear the bars on Sunrise. I don't want anyone to be able to see a Port person and not have the bars pushed in their face.

The only real concern for me with #CopTheFine is that the umpires are instructed to not commence the match, although I don't know at all what the process would be for the umpires ensuring that uniform standards are met so I imagine there would be a bit of a mad scramble between the time we run out and the first bounce if we tried this on.

Don't bring any other uniform to the match, force them to make a decision. It'd be way more embarrassing for the AFL to call off a game because a team wore a guernsey that wasn't approved (for no good reason) than it would be to just let us play and fine us.

As much as I agree with the sentiments about just wearing the PBs and copping the fine does anyone genuinely believe that the club has the balls to do it?

Just can’t see the likes of Kochie taking on Gil head-on.

Would love to be proven wrong but I honestly can’t see it happening

If we were fair dinkum this would have been pushed a lot harder when everyone was talking about it last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Imagine the roar from the crowd if it happened Friday night.

I think its time to replace the end of NTUA with a chorus of "Bring Back the Bars".

They will never tear us apart

changed to...

we will never give up the bars.

sung in unison by the crowd at the start of a prime time FTA game against Collingwood

that‘s my dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm almost certain the AFL has approved the prison bars to be worn in the Round 8 Port Adelaide v Adelaide game.
Collingwood isn't even opposed to this, the only opposition would be for it to be worn in all home games.

The AFL and club would be delaying the announcement to build hype.

I'm almost certain the AFL has approved the prison bars to be worn in the Round 8 Port Adelaide v Adelaide game.
Collingwood isn't even opposed to this, the only opposition would be for it to be worn in all home games.

The AFL and club would be delaying the announcement to build hype.

They certainly were previously, is the new club leadership trying to distance themselves from their previous racist buffoon of a president?

Inaugural Crows captain Chris McDermott just said on The Front Bar that the PBs is a fantastic guernsey and that we should definitely be allowed to wear it in the AFL.
Also didn't know that McDermott's grandfather was Les Dayman, Port Adelaide star of the 1920s and 30s, league leading goalkicker in 1930 with 89 (not 99 as first thought), 2nd in the Magarey Medal as a ruckman in 1925.

Port Adelaide Fibre Of Footy Short Sleeve Jumper (portstore.com.au)

Port Adelaide Fibre Of Footy Long Sleeve Jumper (portstore.com.au)

The Vintage Football Jumper Company, in conjunction with Woolmark and the Port Adelaide Football Club, is proud to release a series of retrospective vintage jumpers 'The Heritage Collection'.

This edition is a stunning tribute to Port Adelaide Football Club’s 150-year history, steeped in tradition, success and heritage, the famous retrospective reproduction Port Adelaide woollen jumper worn as early as 1902 is an iconic piece of Port Adelaide Football Club folklore. The famous prison bar depiction is one of the most iconic, recognised and oldest football guernseys in Australia and made famous by club legends such as Ebert, Obst, Motley, Quinn, Williams, Cahill, Wanganeen and Hodges.

The Port Adelaide Football Club is the most successful league football club in Australia. It has won a record four Champions of Australia titles, a record 36 SANFL Premierships and an AFL Premiership. The merino wool in this Guernsey was grown by sheep grazing the Australian landscape, cared for by Australian farmers, and shorn and manufactured here in Australia.

The jumper features the traditional collar design, carries the synonymous Port Magpies woven badge, a commemorative inner back neckline canvas patch with all club premiership years and is a genuine collectible for all Port Adelaide diehards.

Last edited:
Also didn't know that McDermott's grandfather was Les Dayman, Port Adelaide star of the 1920s and 30s, league leading goalkicker in 1930 with 89 (not 99 as first thought), 2nd in the Magarey Medal as a ruckman in 1925.
He has talked about it a few times over the years in interviews I've heard. He was a Woodville supporter as a kid because Les - or Bro as he was known, got involved with Woodville, even before its early days in the SANFL and McDermott was taken to home games by grandpa and he got to meet the players and they became his heroes. He has said he was shattered as a kid when he found out he couldn't play for them as he lived in the Glenelg zone - don't know where, but he did go to Brighton High with Stephen Kernahan.

The Vintage Football Jumper Company, in conjunction with Woolmark and the Port Adelaide Football Club, is proud to release a series of retrospective vintage jumpers 'The Heritage Collection'.

This edition is a stunning tribute to Port Adelaide Football Club’s 150-year history, steeped in tradition, success and heritage, the famous retrospective reproduction Port Adelaide woollen jumper worn as early as 1902 is an iconic piece of Port Adelaide Football Club folklore. The famous prison bar depiction is one of the most iconic, recognised and oldest football guernseys in Australia and made famous by club legends such as Ebert, Obst, Motley, Quinn, Williams, Cahill, Wanganeen and Hodges.

The Port Adelaide Football Club is the most successful league football club in Australia. It has won a record four Champions of Australia titles, a record 36 SANFL Premierships and an AFL Premiership. The merino wool in this Guernsey was grown by sheep grazing the Australian landscape, cared for by Australian farmers, and shorn and manufactured here in Australia.

The jumper features the traditional collar design, carries the synonymous Port Magpies woven badge, a commemorative inner back neckline canvas patch with all club premiership years and is a genuine collectible for all Port Adelaide diehards.

What's with the non-horizontal horizontal bar??

1617852219232.png

$200 for the short sleeve and $250 for the long sleeve

Are they taking the piss?

$200 for the short sleeve and $250 for the long sleeve

Are they taking the piss?

It's only unreasonably expensive if you don't consider it in terms of AFL merch where a training singlet with a few iron on logos is $80.

The quality is excellent and it'd be really warm IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back