Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they took say our 1st round pick would we be able to fight it and win?

That would be one of my biggest concerns.

They allowed Essendon to have the number one pick after being penalised for a club wide doping program.

Surely this is a lesser 'crime'?

They already have.

I agree we need to be more aggressive but don't kid yourself, the AFL do not, will not, give a sh*t about the integrity of the comp over this. They will slam us hard.

IMO though, that's what we want.

Take the hit.

It's Zen, it's Sun Tzu, it's Mabo...

Ultimately, we need to make a sacrifice if we want this enough, and it may not even pay off.
That's why our club leaders are scared of it.

We need to give them permission to make that sacrifice.
It's the "vibe"

Take the hit.

This is it, we really can't lose. Either we get what we want or the AFL look unbelievably unfair and we galvanise support both within the supporter base and in the wider footy community.

This is such a free kick for the club if they want it. They hate discussing the Hinkley situation, and this is staring them in the face as a way they can neglect the onfield elephant in the room and still be popular with the supporter base. Just run out in the bars in round 1. Tell the AFL you're going to do it. Let them set the penalty beforehand and then go through with it.

An energised supporter base in round 1 is basically impossible otherwise.

This is it, we really can't lose. Either we get what we want or the AFL look unbelievably unfair and we galvanise support both within the supporter base and in the wider footy community.

This is such a free kick for the club if they want it. They hate discussing the Hinkley situation, and this is staring them in the face as a way they can neglect the onfield elephant in the room and still be popular with the supporter base. Just run out in the bars in round 1. Tell the AFL you're going to do it. Let them set the penalty beforehand and then go through with it.

An energised supporter base in round 1 is basically impossible otherwise.

Announcing it beforehand is key.
“We’re going to do this regardless of what you’re going to do.”

Lose 4pts and have a season to make it up.

Once again you guys are talking about something our current bozos in charge don't have the balls to do & umpteen thousand happy clappers who rock up in teal variations every home game don't give a s**t about.

They already have.

I agree we need to be more aggressive but don't kid yourself, the AFL do not, will not, give a sh*t about the integrity of the comp over this. They will slam us hard.

Take the hit.

Ultimately, we need to make a sacrifice if we want this enough, and it may not even pay off.
That's why our club leaders are scared of it.

We need to give them permission to make that sacrifice.

Take 4 points of kennith?

Once again you guys are talking about something our current bozos in charge don't have the balls to do & umpteen thousand happy clappers who rock up in teal variations every home game don't give a sh*t about.

Yep. These are the same people that think we did well this season since we made the prelim. The players had an off day and it wasn’t Ken’s fault…..
These people would be apoplectic if we conceded points etc in an argument with the AFL over the PBs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think most here are underestimating the passion for the PBs from the majority of supporters and even casuals.

Yes, numbers of support could be better, but we know that convincing a lot of people to sign an online petition for example is just too much for too many, but in the old yay or nay, they'd be yayers.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I think most here are underestimating the passion for the PBs from the majority of supporters and even casuals.

Yes, numbers of support could be better, but we know that convincing a lot of people to sign an online petition for example is just too much for too many, but in the old yay or nay, they'd be yayers.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

We got Yayers for one or two games, particularly within the club where some don't see the PB as anything more than a past jumper and a past identity. "We got to be careful about upsetting those that love the v jumper". That's just one quote. Difficult for the club to fight a battle with hesitancy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol why do ppl keep expecting the club to do something. Do they forget our board is picked by the AFL and Mcguire
So much this.

Koch might like to talk like he's pushing for the Bars but at the end of the day he is appointed by the AFL and can be sacked by the AFL.

Don't forget Koch liked the teal pre-season kit a few years back, he's not all in & never will be.
I get the impression that Koch is one of those people who wants to be loved by everyone so says whatever he thinks his audience at the time wants to hear.

Don't forget Koch liked the teal pre-season kit a few years back, he's not all in & never will be.
Going from wearing the prison bars in a finals series to wearing a full teal strip months later to kick off the next season was a work of serious brain genious

All is good, we've got ourselves our own teal and yellow hi vis top that nobody asked for
a886af933e1e78266cbd516a876cce54.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
All is good, we've got ourselves our own teal and yellow hi vis top that nobody asked for
a886af933e1e78266cbd516a876cce54.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Good for the guys building subs and frigates at building 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back