Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We wear the bars to celebrate Russell in our first home game next year no matter what the consequences are.

NO!

NO!

NO!

A simplistic and moronic thing to do lacking in grace and respect that would be seen by many both within and outside PAFC, rightly, as using Russell's passing as a platform for promoting (yet again) our ongoing brawl with the AFL and Collingwood over what jumper we wear in the AFL.

Our club will honour the great man for all he stood for both on and off field with the grace and dignity he himself had. They certainly won't weaponise his death for other purposes.

Last edited:
NO!

NO!

NO!

A simplistic and moronic thing to do lacking in grace and respect that would be seen by many both within and outside PAFC, rightly, as using Russell's passing as a platform for promoting (yet again) our ongoing brawl with the AFL and Collingwood over what jumper we wear in the AFL.

Our club will honour the great man for all he stood for both on and off field with the grace and dignity he himself had. They certainly won't weaponise his death for other purposes.

I feel the same about ANZAC Day - that's for honouring the veterans, not our jumper.

Apparently exercising our right to wear our guernsey of choice as literally every other sporting team in the entire world does would be weaponising Russell's death.

The sentiment to just wear the prison bars anyway was already running hot in this thread. I personally believe we should instruct Macron not to make the BIB guernsey next year and instead make the PBs as our home strip. Ebert's passing simply highlights the importance of the guernsey to our history as a club.

Apparently exercising our right to wear our guernsey of choice as literally every other sporting team in the entire world does would be weaponising Russell's death.

The sentiment to just wear the prison bars anyway was already running hot in this thread. I personally believe we should instruct Macron not to make the BIB guernsey next year and instead make the PBs as our home strip. Robert's passing simply highlights the importance of the guernsey to our history as a club.

Agree totally. We've just lost the absolutely embodiment of everything our club has been and everything we want it to be. The fact we'll probably have to fight to wear the bars to celebrate the life of our greatest legend should make everyone angry, but it doesn't diminish Russ in the slightest. People like Russell Ebert are why we want to wear this guernsey so badly in the first place.

Apparently you are unable to understand context.

So let me explain it to you.

My comment was in response to a comment stating that:

"We wear the bars to celebrate Russell in our first home game next year no matter what the consequences are."

Let's honour Russell by wearing the bars no matter what the consequences are to our club??

Anyone who thinks that is respectful, honourable thing to do to celebrate the life of our greatest ever player and club man Russell Ebert has zero idea of who he was and what he stood for.

I am as deeply committed as any PAFC supporter to wearing our traditional jumper in the AFL as comments in this thread have demonstrated.

But I will not countenance any mindless attempt to use the occasion of Russell's sad passing as a platform for other issues.

Apparently you are unable to understand context.

So let me explain it to you.

My comment was in response to a comment stating that:

"We wear the bars to celebrate Russell in our first home game next year no matter what the consequences are."

Let's honour Russell by wearing the bars no matter what the consequences are to our club??

Anyone who thinks that is respectful, honourable thing to do to celebrate the life of our greatest ever player and club man Russell Ebert has zero idea of who he was and what he stood for.

I am as deeply committed as any PAFC supporter to wearing our traditional jumper in the AFL as comments in this thread have demonstrated.

But I will not countenance any mindless attempt to use the occasion of Russell's sad passing as a platform for other issues.

Agreed, we should not even have to ask.

One way or another the members and supporters will do the right thing, as will the club.

Lets hope the AFL can put things in perspective and also do the right thing.

But we should not even have to ask, let alone threaten.

Listening to Richo on 5AA, interpreting his response to the PB question this campaign is officially dead!
Long live the teal.

What did he say?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did he say?

It was in response to Rowe saying that following Russell Ebert's passing they'd had heaps of texts from Port fans asking if the club would request to wear the PBs in their first home game. Mr Richo said they're just concentrating on doing a magnificent job hosting Russell's funeral for now.

It was in response to Rowe saying that following Russell Ebert's passing they'd had heaps of texts from Port fans asking if the club would request to wear the PBs in their first home game. Mr Richo said they're just concentrating on doing a magnificent job hosting Russell's funeral for now.

Right, so it's not dead then. Jesus ibd77 you nearly gave me a heart attack.

I get so sick of reading such disrespect towards the people who've put their arses on the line to lead our club out of the financial wilderness of only a few years back. "We hate Koch"... "We hate Hinkley"... "We hate Keith Thomas"... And now Richo's not good enough!?

It's F&%*()G Nauseating! 🤮

I get so sick of reading such disrespect towards the people who've put their arses on the line to lead our club out of the financial wilderness of only a few years back. "We hate Koch"... "We hate Hinkley"... "We hate Keith Thomas"... And now Richo's not good enough!?

It's F&%*()G Nauseating! 🤮

A few years back? A FEW YEARS BACK?!

It was 10 bloody years ago. An entire decade. The Costa Concordia was still upright and full of boozed up boomers when we were at our nadir. And what exactly have these people put on the line? AO was Duncanson & Haysman, so was One Club. It has been noted on these boards at least 2 of our major partners in the Koch times have come from direct contacts from this board. All Hinkley has put on the line is his paycheck at the dishlickers whilst cruising us to a lovely prelim final exit x 3 certificate winners. SO I ask exactly, what have they put on the line in their 10 year tenure and why cant we hold them accountable?

Last edited:
A few years back? A FEW YEARS BACK?!

It was 10 bloody years ago. An entire decade. The Costa Concordia was still upright and full of boozed up boomers when we were at our nadir. And what exactly have these people put on the line? AO was Duncanson & Haysman, so was One Club. It has noted on these boards at least 2 of our major partners in the Koch times have come from direct contacts from this board. All Hinkley has put on the line is his paycheck at the dishlickers whilst cruising us to a lovely prelim final exit x 3 certificate winners. SO i ask exactly, what have they put on the line in their 10 year tenure and why cant we hold them accountable?

There is accountability and there's whinging. And the constant whinging is a 10-1 ratio. 🥱

And you're correct, 10-years ago we were less than broke and fighting Melbourne for the Spoon. BUT, it's people like you who think this turns around overnight. ESPECIALLY when the club has had to negotiate with so many arseholes and vested interests across so many levels of the football landscape. Even the most recent distractions with local residents (more whingers) and the Alberton redevelopment.

I don't know which 2-sponsors you're referencing. I do know MGM and Energy Australia came straight out of the China strategy, while the presence of David Koch has attracted the interest of many eastern seaboard corporates.

There is accountability and there's whinging. And the constant whinging is a 10-1 ratio. 🥱

And you're correct, 10-years ago we were less than broke and fighting Melbourne for the Spoon. BUT, it's people like you who think this turns around overnight. ESPECIALLY when the club has had to negotiate with so many arseholes and vested interests across so many levels of the football landscape. Even the most recent distractions with local residents (more whingers) and the Alberton redevelopment.

I don't know which 2-sponsors you're referencing. I do know MGM and Energy Australia came straight out of the China strategy, while the presence of David Koch has attracted the interest of many eastern seaboard corporates.

If the club would hold its own people accountable, the fans would ease off.

What has the Koch regime done for us? I'll grant them the Alberton upgrade. What else? I'd hope the bar is higher than just "not in the worst few clubs in the league" given the enormous leg up Koch was given by the previous regime negotiating one club and the move to Adelaide Oval. What has Koch done that even comes close to that sort of improvement?

The bars are a low stakes issue for everyone but us. This is a slam dunk PR win for the club, they don't even have to succeed, they just have to publicly back a wildly popular campaign with the grunt work already done by the members. If they can't even back us on this, what purpose do they serve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back