Meltdown Bringing alcohol into grounds

Remove this Banner Ad

When was it the last year we could bring alcohol into the grounds like the mcg
I am asking was say circa 1990 let’s say
But does anyone know exactly more particular for the footy

I used to smuggle grog down my pants and undies at the G and Marvel up until 2019 or so, where I pushed my luck too far.

You would be surprised how often it worked, you really would. And btw no, I didn't ever try snuggle a bottle in via my butt crack.

I'm not implying anything. Just wondering aloud if some people here have ever been outside of their own home, or travelled to another city before.
Fair enough. I've left the street a few times. I once even made it up to the 7-Eleven about 400m away from home but that's about it

Fond memories of -

• going on the train with chockablock eskies to Tests and the odd shield game at the G.
  • as a little kid if I couldnt get on the fence at the footy, the old man would give me two large full cans to balance on. Often as not he’d grab them back at half time and I’d have to balance on empties. I remember getting bribed at the Western Oval to sell the empties to a bloke who needed a pi55.
  • using thermoses for Jamesons and coffee at the footy and Bloody Mary’s at the cricket.

I brought some CC and cola cans into Hawks vs saints earlier this year because I didn't want to pay 13 dollars a can or whatever it is.

I just wrapped them in my jacket. Easy.

If your sneaking grog into the footy, you have a problem.

When they don’t charge $15 for a Jonny red label then we’ll talk mate. It’s extortion. Why not sneak it in and buy 3 small bottles of coke from the 7 Eleven at let’s say $7 in total…all up you are at say $25-30. That’s not even two drinks at the ground. No issue with charging city prices but not two times that!

When was it the last year we could bring alcohol into the grounds like the mcg
I am asking was say circa 1990 let’s say
But does anyone know exactly more particular for the footy
I stuff one of these into my puffer jacket every time I go to the footy.... who doesnt?

38905602_10156866617431844_3147762010612039680_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to smuggle grog down my pants and undies at the G and Marvel up until 2019 or so, where I pushed my luck too far.

You would be surprised how often it worked, you really would. And btw no, I didn't ever try snuggle a bottle in via my butt crack.
So you're saying you had grog down your pants and someone frisked your box?

GIF by Chariot
bike 1930s GIF by Electric Cyclery

one of the last times I was allowed to drive my chariot.

am looking at souped up mobility scooters. Am really looking forward to terrorising cyclopaths who insist on riding on the footpaths or through pedestrian crossings.

Fond memories of -

• going on the train with chockablock eskies to Tests and the odd shield game at the G.
  • as a little kid if I couldnt get on the fence at the footy, the old man would give me two large full cans to balance on. Often as not he’d grab them back at half time and I’d have to balance on empties. I remember getting bribed at the Western Oval to sell the empties to a bloke who needed a pi55.
  • using thermoses for Jamesons and coffee at the footy and Bloody Mary’s at the cricket.
I used to stand on my old man’s esky and hand him cans …good times

Great thing about the "good old days" is that kids could actually stand on steel beer cans.

Not like aluminium cans which just collapse.
So true…dad used to drink the old white Carlton Draught cans, the big ones! . We used to tie string to them and use them as stilts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back