List Mgmt. Bringing them home! - Updated 14/Jun/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not with the small forwards we have in the NGA over the next two years
Western, Farmer, Henry, Walters, Matera, Switta....
Are Western, Farmer and Henry a bit similar?

In terms of our first round this year does it make it more likely that we look at Sharp and Rivers in terms of WA talent? And continuing that theme, are the Walker boys similar to Sharp?

My thoughts are going towards Rivers to develop as a big bodied mid.

In terms of our first round this year does it make it more likely that we look at Sharp and Rivers in terms of WA talent? And continuing that theme, are the Walker boys similar to Sharp?

I dont know enough about the three NGA boys to know how similar they are but if they are playing small forward at colts level I doubt they would venture too far out of a pocket/flank role at AFL.

I suppose Rivers as a top 12 talent would be heavily dependent on the club thinking he plays midfield. While I dont know where he played all his gametime at the champs, he seemed to almost always get the ball through the backline. I found it strange they didnt play him more through the middle.

I dont know enough about the three NGA boys to know how similar they are but if they are playing small forward at colts level I doubt they would venture too far out of a pocket/flank role at AFL.

I suppose Rivers as a top 12 talent would be heavily dependent on the club thinking he plays midfield. While I dont know where he played all his gametime at the champs, he seemed to almost always get the ball through the backline. I found it strange they didnt play him more through the middle.
The biog/comments I read of his was that he was a midfielder being played as a running defender. Most commentators seem to think he will end up midfield, but if we don't think that, then I'd leave him. Both Carter and Walker play from the backline, which we are already strong in.

I think if you draft Sharp you do it to eventually play him on the wing. Reckon Walker is an out and out half back so I don't think it would be an issue drafting Sharp on that basis. Doubly so if Langdon leaves.

I think if you draft Sharp you do it to eventually play him on the wing. Reckon Walker is an out and out half back so I don't think it would be an issue drafting Sharp on that basis. Doubly so if Langdon leaves.
Henry and Sturt both project as potential mid/wing/forward. Can Carter play there?

I like Langdon. I know his disposal is low end, but he is getting the ball forward for us, and has a nice hard edge. If we can contain it there through a more stable forward line and forward strategies then he is important. But he isn't irreplaceable in terms of his input. SHill immediately replaces him if fit and available next year.

Henry and Sturt both project as potential mid/wing/forward. Can Carter play there?

I like Langdon. I know his disposal is low end, but he is getting the ball forward for us, and has a nice hard edge. If we can contain it there through a more stable forward line and forward strategies then he is important. But he isn't irreplaceable in terms of his input. SHill immediately replaces him if fit and available next year.
I agree with your comment on Ed's hard edge. He took a couple of really cracking tough contested marks on Sunday. If only we could improve his kicking a bit.

I think all three shape as potential wingers. Of course, I have NFI what the club thinks they are going to become. I mean Blakely playing half back (I know he is good there but we need quality mids). The biggest thing is the tank. Ed covers a lot of ground. Sturt is probably the ideal replacement assuming he can get his GPS up. Fast, very good in the air and that kick.

Henry I think does a role similar to Walters but more outside when in the middle. Maybe Walters while forward and Billy when on ball. Short term he'll be stuck in the forward line I think.

Carter I don't know because I don't watch Peel. From what I have seen it is plausible but I think he is more a hard, line-breaking rebounding defender. Extremely valuable if he can actually hit targets.

The sad part about bringing them home and paying over the odds for them is that most were available to us and we overlooked them .
I am fine with IHill and English developing at other clubs. Hamling hanging around at Peel for 4 years until he is capable of playing AFL eats up list space. BHill bringing 3 premiership worth experience adds value to a bargain of a trade for us. Conca getting his body right and injury free while at Richmond is a good thing. Don't think we paid over the odds for any of them either.

I am fine with IHill and English developing at other clubs. Hamling hanging around at Peel for 4 years until he is capable of playing AFL eats up list space. BHill bringing 3 premiership worth experience adds value to a bargain of a trade for us. Conca getting his body right and injury free while at Richmond is a good thing. Don't think we paid over the odds for any of them either.

Nah, who says IHill and English are coming back. BHill might have just turned the 013 GF our way. Kelly will be way overs if he returns home and we could have grabbed him for a rookie pick and dont get me started on MCGovern. Hamling would have been handy when Luke Mac was injured. We over looked talent under our nose for years to our detriment.

Nah, who says IHill and English are coming back. BHill might have just turned the 013 GF our way. Kelly will be way overs if he returns home and we could have grabbed him for a rookie pick and dont get me started on MCGovern. Hamling would have been handy when Luke Mac was injured. We over looked talent under our nose for years to our detriment.
I hope we don't pay overs for Kelly, and no-one stands out that we have "paid overs" for on our list. Lots of players we could have had. Sure we could have had English if we didn't take Logue, then Logue would be on your list. Retrospective draft choices are awesome.

Sunshine & Harley were a tad pricey, in 20/20 hindsight.
McCarthy was as cheap as they come?

3 for 7 40 and 71

which became 3 for McCarthy, Logue, Darcy/Cox (1 of em) and Ryan.

Thats daylight robbery even if we didn't get McCarthy in the trade!

Bennell was a 6 pick downgrade in the second round, which is also cheap af

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back