List Mgmt. Bringing them home! - Updated 14/Jun/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I commented earlier. I’d do Tim Kelly for 15-21 pick. I enjoyed his work the other night and it raised his value a little but not much changed. How we get that done I don’t know. WCE have Gold Coasts 2nd round pick which is pretty close to that.

Tim Kelly’s agent came out yesterday and said they have no intention of seeking a trade and that he and Caitlin are now quite settled in Geelong. He then said the only way a trade would happen is if Freo or WC offer something to Geelong that gets them interested.

I don’t see Tim Kelly going to either club....yet (we just need to cool our jets for another 12months).

Don’t want him. we are better of picking up another young mid to complement Cerra Brayshaw and Hodor. We will have have a midfield core that will set us up for the next 10-12 years. And the next 5-6 all get to learn of the best in the business in Fyfe.

Kelly’s disposal is sloppy and he is let to run loose by opposition.

Brisbane wanted a second round pick - the weagles had 28, and got him for that. Our best was 37, and the only trades we did that year was for Viv Michie out for #56, and Gumbleton in for #55. Maybe if we had offered 37 if he said he would only play for Freo, we would have got him for that. In the end we got Alex Pearce with that pick. I'm happy enough with that.

Brisbane wanted a second round pick - the weagles had 28, and got him for that. Our best was 37, and the only trades we did that year was for Viv Michie out for #56, and Gumbleton in for #55. Maybe if we had offered 37 if he said he would only play for Freo, we would have got him for that. In the end we got Alex Pearce with that pick. I'm happy enough with that.
Should have offered Brisbane players

Should have offered Brisbane players

To do that the players offered would have had to be willing to move to Brisbane. Let's be honest, how many would be?

Yes, there is that. And moving on a B22 player just after playing in the GF might have raised a few eyebrows within the playing group.

But with the benefit of BigFooty hindsight trading, say, Nic Suban for Yeo would have been a fantastic result even if, back in 2013, it would have looked like overs.

Yes, there is that. And moving on a B22 player just after playing in the GF might have raised a few eyebrows within the playing group.

But with the benefit of BigFooty hindsight trading, say, Nic Suban for Yeo would have been a fantastic result even if, back in 2013, it would have looked like overs.

How about Cam Sutcliffe for Yeo - although most believed Sutty was at the start of a long and illustrious career for us when he was 21. What happened?

But either Sutcliffe or Suban at the time would have been a WTF moment, whereas now, it would be a definite "start the car" one for us.

How about Cam Sutcliffe for Yeo - although most believed Sutty was at the start of a long and illustrious career for us when he was 21. What happened?

But either Sutcliffe or Suban at the time would have been a WTF moment, whereas now, it would be a definite "start the car" one for us.
It's what makes List Management such a critical, but hard, job.
I can easily imagine us facing similar situations this year. What happens if Kelly does want to come home but Geelong wants a ruckman? Would make this trade only to find we have made the opposite mistake of last time?

Yeo was a life long Freo supporter and he basically fell in the Eagles lap.

It's OK to say that our club made a mistake. Cockburn won't burst into flames if we do.

Yeo was a life long Freo supporter and he basically fell in the Eagles lap.

It's OK to say that our club made a mistake. Cockburn won't burst into flames if we do.

In hindsight they probably made a big mistake. But at the time, Yeo was just a 21-year-old run-of-the-mill half back, of which we had many. We needed KPPs, as evidenced by out first two picks being Apeness and Pearce. That was apparently the message Yeo and his old man were given at the time, that Freo already had too many "same-same" players, and he wouldn't necessarily get a regular game, whereas the weags could guarantee him more game time. That, plus they had a better pick to deal with, and Freo were trying to load up on KPPs - yeah, he fell right in their laps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan and our 2019 1st for Cerra and Langdon.

Boy oh boy! I didn’t see Melbourne today. Were You lacking some outside run?

If that deal was put on the table only the most staunch Freo supporter wouldn’t do it. Although I still feel Cerra is going to be a genuine Star.

No thanks, don't let today's result for you cloud your mind.

How would you rate Hogans' year anyways as a Dees supporter?

He is a super frustrating player and we need players who can run on the outside both ways more than ever.

Jesse is talented but isn't an amazing contested mark for a KPF yet plays like one, and has massive confidence issues. I can understand players feel better some days and worse others but if he drops a mark or fluffs a shot early he will continue to work but have little impact on the game.

He is a super frustrating player and we need players who can run on the outside both ways more than ever.

Jesse is talented but isn't an amazing contested mark for a KPF yet plays like one, and has massive confidence issues. I can understand players feel better some days and worse others but if he drops a mark or fluffs a shot early he will continue to work but have little impact on the game.

You’d be lousy if you were Melbourne’s recruiting agent!

Reminds me of Daniher, needs to get involved early to stay involved and if it comes to that moment you can't trust him to win you the game.

Hogan and our 2019 1st for Cerra and Langdon.
Our 2019 first for Hogan .... win -win.
Jesse has been underwhelming this year and hasn’t lived up to his supposed potential.
He is out of contract next year and I reckon he is not as important as most people think to Melbourne.

Our 2019 first for Hogan .... win -win.
Jesse has been underwhelming this year and hasn’t lived up to his supposed potential.
He is out of contract next year and I reckon he is not as important as most people think to Melbourne.

Disagree on the 2019 first :p , starting to come around to how important he is though. We've had some very good wins without him since he was drafted.

Disagree on the 2019 first :p , starting to come around to how important he is though. We've had some very good wins without him since he was drafted.
Gotta start somewhere, we all have our inflated value of our own players and lesser value of trade targets.
Cerra is a no trade option for me though, but if he wants to go back to Melbourne next year - who knows??

We wouldn't need dominant forwards if we had Cerra and Langdon on either wing.
Cerra doesn't have the pace to play as a winger like Langdon/BHill.

He's an inside mid with class like Mundy - Pendles.

For me that's way too steep in price. We could wait one more year and get him for somewhat less. Hogan's confidence is a worrying issue. Start of the season when nothing was on the line he was doing really well.

He'd be an upgrade on Cox/McCarthy in the 2nd or 3rd tall role. Tabs still as the FF/Ruck. But is that upgrade worth the cost of a top draft recruit (Pick6) or one of our young kids (Langdon/Cerra) or both as you are asking. Not sure it is to be honest.

Who from the below list is worth a look? (The list of out of contract players from WA)

Bolton, Mountford, Baker are the players I would consider.

You would not want to give up too much for any of them.

Too old
Harry Taylor 2007 Pick #17 32 years, 2 months 195 99 GEE 2018
Matthew Leuenberger
2006 Pick #4 30 years, 2 months 204 102 ESS 2018

Not Good enough
Harrison Marsh 2012 Pick #44 24 years, 7 months 189 82 SYD 2018 Aaron Black 2009 Pick #25 27 years, 8 months 192 82 GEE 2018

As free agents, may be worth a look. Fasolo is probably too injury prone. Conca is not worth the cash you would need to pay to get him out of richmond.
Reece Conca 2010 Pick #6 26 years, 0 months 185 78 RIC 2018 Alex Fasolo 2010 Pick #45 26 years, 2 months 181 84 COL 2018

Consider
Player Drafted Age Height Weight Club Contracted
Declan Mountford 2015 Pick #60 21 years, 6 months 181 75 NOR 2018
Jarrod Pickett 2014 Pick #4 21 years, 11 months 178 77 CAR 2018
Shai Bolton 2016 Pick #29 19 years, 8 months 175 76 RIC 2018
Liam Baker 2017 R-Pick #18 20 years, 6 months 173 69 RIC 2018

Don't know, but more than likely no.
Dean Kent 2012 Pick #48 24 years, 5 months 179 82 MEL 2018
Marco Paparone 2012 Pick #23 23 years, 11 months 194 87 BRI 2018
Gordon Narrier 2017 R-Pick #20 19 years, 8 months 187 77 NOR 2018

We wouldn't need dominant forwards if we had Cerra and Langdon on either wing.
Holding onto Cerra is going to be difficult, you guys need to get some value for him before he leaves. The glaring hole you guys have is a dominant "Tall" forward and getting them is tough but Lobb could be a good get. Would make McCarthy better and Tabener plus can ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back