List Mgmt. Bringing them home! - Updated 14/Jun/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ve been a bit underwhelmed with Jack Martin. Last game 11 kicks, 4 handballs and went at 40% disposal efficiency. For the season is only at 58% disposal efficiency.

Always seems to pull an awesome game out of his backside against Freo but generally not consistent. He has been a little better this year in terms of total disposals but I would have expected better efficiency for someone who possesses reportedly good skills.

Mid to later first round pick (approx. pick 12-16) I would do but not anything more.

Last edited:
I’ve been a bit underwhelmed with Jack Martin. Last game 11 kicks, 4 handballs and went at 40% disposal efficiency. For the season is only at 58% disposal efficiency.

Always seems to pull an awesome game out of his backside against Freo but generally not consistent. He has been a little better this year in terms of total disposals but I would have expected better efficiency for someone who possesses reportedly good skills.

Mid to later first round pick (approx. pick 12-16) I would do but not anything more.
I don't even think he would cost that much. They are pushing out the blokes that don't want to be there. 15-25 IMO.

Good chance of him being back in the 1sts for the next game after overcoming injury and stringing a couple of good games together. He has been playing off half back.

https://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2019-06-08/neafl-match-report-round-10

Also, Gold coast have replays all there neafl games up for streaming on there website would be good if we could get that for the peel games.

Last edited:
Don't want him unless it is as a forward though. We have more than enough small/medium defenders and more on the way.
If I thought he was on his way out that would be where I would put him to boost his value. Lot easier to get 20 odd posessions at 80% floating around half back in a struggling team than it is to impact up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting draft in 2016 where we ignored Tim Kelly cause he can't kick and Tim English who went at 19 to Doggies, instead taking Griffen Logue at 8.

Darcy 38, Cox 41, Ryan 66.

All the later picks look great but now we want Kelly and English for big bikkies?
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...9ee85b36cdaf09a5207?__twitter_impression=true

According to Fox Footy senior AFL reporter Tom Morris, Fremantle is keen to secure the West Australian native, despite English still having a year to run on his contract.

“He’s signed until the end of next year and the Bulldogs really rate him,” Morris told On The Couch.

“But I think Freo is going to have a massive crack at getting him at the end of this year.”

KELLY WON’T DECIDE ON FUTURE UNTIL END OF SEASON

Geelong will have to wait until the club’s season has reached its conclusion, with in demand midfielder Tim Kelly knocking back a number of offers the Cats have put to him.

Kelly has huge bargaining power, with both West Australian clubs pursuing his services.

Interesting draft in 2016 where we ignored Tim Kelly cause he can't kick and Tim English who went at 19 to Doggies, instead taking Griffen Logue at 8.

Darcy 38, Cox 41, Ryan 66.

All the later picks look great but now we want Kelly and English for big bikkies?
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...9ee85b36cdaf09a5207?__twitter_impression=true

According to Fox Footy senior AFL reporter Tom Morris, Fremantle is keen to secure the West Australian native, despite English still having a year to run on his contract.

“He’s signed until the end of next year and the Bulldogs really rate him,” Morris told On The Couch.

“But I think Freo is going to have a massive crack at getting him at the end of this year.”

KELLY WON’T DECIDE ON FUTURE UNTIL END OF SEASON

Geelong will have to wait until the club’s season has reached its conclusion, with in demand midfielder Tim Kelly knocking back a number of offers the Cats have put to him.

Kelly has huge bargaining power, with both West Australian clubs pursuing his services.
Nobody wanted Kelly in 2016. He wasn't drafted. Also, bit early to call Griff I would have thought. KPP with 13 games under his belt.

Nobody wanted Kelly in 2016. He wasn't drafted. Also, bit early to call Griff I would have thought. KPP with 13 games under his belt.
Exactly. Kelly fits in well with Geelong and I'd imagine the reasons why we didn't want him even though we had years of looking at him would still be valid if he played for us.

Logue is looking 50/50 at this stage lbh.
Harley has been a bust.
Should've got someone else than Logue, that was an extravagant punt

I think Logue will be fine. Did seem a bit of a reach at the time and also now.

Tim Kelly was a different draft to Logue and English. Tim Kelly was in the 2017 draft we choose Brayshaw and Cerra.

Back to Logue - Luke McPharlin made some interesting comments and he has spent some time in 2017 working with Logue. He likes what he has seen but said Logue will take some time to get the “body positioning smarts” sorted (McPharlin’s words). That has been the area I have noticed the the most with Logue so far is his body work isn’t great (take that incident late in the Collingwood JLT game where he hurt his hamstring as an example). Gives away free kicks and gets out positioned. There might be some short term pain but he ain’t going to learn this playing WAFL.

TBH he has potential, but haven't been that impressed with him so far.
The most famous thing he's done on a footy field is giving the ball to Riewoldt and getting pinged 50m.
It's just my opinion.

I like Logue's intensity in the way he goes about it on the field. He's by all accounts a pretty smart guy and willing learner. I also think these guys who drop from the clouds show they have a pretty good capacity to improve, so that gives some reassurance in the face of all the other unknowns with such a green career as it stands.

Of course, it can all go pear-shaped as it can with any AFL career, it being an incredibly harsh environment in which to get established, but I think athletically he'll have some advantages to be able to hold his own in the shorter term.

TBH he has potential, but haven't been that impressed with him so far.
The most famous thing he's done on a footy field is giving the ball to Riewoldt and getting pinged 50m.
It's just my opinion.
What were you looking for though?

Dude always had the ridiculous athletic profile so clearly if he was already developed well in a football sense he probably goes a few picks higher. There was always going to be time element with him (which is normal for KPP anyway). My question really becomes, what does he lack that he can't learn?

The super athlete types often look completely out of their depth early and then suddenly they are awesome once the football stuff clicks. Rance being the most recent example.

FTR, I wanted us to take Sympkin at his pick (I think).

What type of player are we missing? I am think we should be looking for another midfielder in the guts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back