List Mgmt. Bringing them home! - Updated 14/Jun/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was never going to be the great white hope in a very average forwardline. We have problems transitioning the ball into the forwarline. Buddy could be up there for us but he would be mightily frustrated with the way the ball comes in eg continual long bombs to big packs.

Would have liked MM but he struggled as the second kpf against wce and would only be worse as the primary target for us every week.....good result all round.

I read an article in the west that jarrod Garlett the former suns player, may be ready for a return to afl. I also been think about possible drafting of Jonathan marsh, mason shaw as rookies. Shaw seems to have found his ability, marsh has taken his in ability as deg/mid. Garlett' departure from the suns was because that the his older brother was very close to death.

I read an article in the west that jarrod Garlett the former suns player, may be ready for a return to afl. I also been think about possible drafting of Jonathan marsh, mason shaw as rookies. Shaw seems to have found his ability, marsh has taken his in ability as deg/mid. Garlett' departure from the suns was because that the his older brother was very close to death.
https://thewest.com.au/sport/being-...outh-fremantles-jarrod-garlett-ng-b88575801z‬

I get the logic in this, but personally I am not sure. Seems a strategy about building depth.

Currently on our RL we have guys like Nyhuis, Duman, Strnadica and Ubergang. These are players who are perhaps slow developers. Skinny project players for the most part. We may end up with only one of them amounting to anything. But I can also imagine all four of those players finding a best 22 place in the future.

Garlett I would have a stab at because he clearly has talent and will probably go low/not at all in the draft because he hasn't set the world on fire this year. Take him predicting he will get better I suppose with a late pick.

I haven't seen Marsh in the midfield so can't comment on that. Shaw is a massive pass for me.

Garlett I would have a stab at because he clearly has talent and will probably go low/not at all in the draft because he hasn't set the world on fire this year. Take him predicting he will get better I suppose with a late pick.

I haven't seen Marsh in the midfield so can't comment on that. Shaw is a massive pass for me.
Agree with all this. Especially Shaw. Big pass from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No thanks on Garlett. As a Souths fan who has seen him nearly every game this season I can tell you he has been massively underwhelming and has been lucky to keep his spot in the side. IIRC he got dropped at one stage earlier in the season.

No thanks on Garlett. As a Souths fan who has seen him nearly every game this season I can tell you he has been massively underwhelming and has been lucky to keep his spot in the side. IIRC he got dropped at one stage earlier in the season.
What can you tell me about Parker? He seems to have come out of nowhere but have a fair amount of talent.

Agree, I think we need to target talented players as rookies who lack work ethic. At least we know if they get that right they will be a best 22 player.

This is why I think we should be looking at Liam Ryan.

What can you tell me about Parker? He seems to have come out of nowhere but have a fair amount of talent.

He is a tough one for me to rate. He seems to pop up in the right spots and chip in with a couple of goals but I never really notice him in general play. He is one of those players who will get ~15 possessions and 2 goals a game regularly. He is quick and can lay a good tackle but I don't really think he works hard enough off the ball at the moment. You are correct in that he obviously has a lot of talent, but he seems to be a late bloomer being 21 and only breaking into the senior side in the back half of this season.

He could be worth a rookie pick but I'd honestly give it another year and see if he can put together a whole season at WAFL level. I'd take Kelly and Maine ahead of him from Souths at this point.

He is a tough one for me to rate. He seems to pop up in the right spots and chip in with a couple of goals but I never really notice him in general play. He is one of those players who will get ~15 possessions and 2 goals a game regularly. He is quick and can lay a good tackle but I don't really think he works hard enough off the ball at the moment. You are correct in that he obviously has a lot of talent, but he seems to be a late bloomer being 21 and only breaking into the senior side in the back half of this season.

He could be worth a rookie pick but I'd honestly give it another year and see if he can put together a whole season at WAFL level. I'd take Kelly and Maine ahead of him from Souths at this point.
Is this the same Parker who was at Mt Barker earlier this year? He is one big ******* boy, surprised he wasn't doing this well as a junior when his size stood out more. He played soccer as a goalkeeper until he was about 17 or so I think, recently dropped a heap of fat at Royals in Albany before going to Barker.

I'd take Wilson in a heartbeat - I just can't see how we can get him unless Balic has more worth than is apparent. In terms of a draft pick he's worth a late first rounder. I doubt we have a player that they want, at least not one at the same level as Wilson.

The only positive is that he plays in a position that West Coast aren't trying to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back