List Mgmt. Bringing them home! - Updated 14/Jun/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becoming more and more convinced that we should be targeting Lobb. Would be a walk up start in 17 other teams, he just happens to be at the one that is choc full of elite talls.
Forget Lobb - he had the chance and didn't take it - I feel same way about Hogan, but would take a risk on him

His ability to play a competent 2nd ruck is what makes him so valuable IMO. There are very few guys in the league that can play 2nd ruck and key forward/defender well.
Think we over-rate Lobb as both a forward and a ruck on our board. He's one of those players that seems to have some really good highlights but if you look more deeply he's actually pretty average from a consistency p.o.v. Just compare him to Tabs for instance: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...d2=9&type=A&pid1=3946&pid2=3885&fid1=S&fid2=S

People talking pick #5 for a ruck/forward seems absolutely crazy to me. He'd be an upgrade on what we have but he's nowhere near the class of Cameron, Patton, Hogan etc.

His ability to play a competent 2nd ruck is what makes him so valuable IMO. There are very few guys in the league that can play 2nd ruck and key forward/defender well.
I think the second ruck role is severely overrated, finding a minimal advantage for 12-15 ruck contests a game is not worth it. As for his forward ability, he's averaging 1.06 Mi50 and goals a game which puts him below players like Casboult and Taberner (both average more contested marks as well).
His team and his contested marking has fueled an unstoppable hype train.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a look at Matera's stats on footy wire and used the comparison tool to compare him to comparable players in 2017 and he shaped up pretty well. Although, stats don't tell the whole story, I'm sure.

If the club is stupid enough to re-unite Bennell and Matera, I'll rescind the membership on the spot.

Why? are you suggesting that Matera was a bad influence on Harley?
All I know about Matera is I don't like the surname (for obvious reasons) and he seems permanently injured. When he was out on the park he did some good things I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back