List Mgmt. Bringing them home! - Updated 14/Jun/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matera, Mountford, Marsh (as cheap depth) would be very handy recruits if we could get them.
Greenwood is a very good player and the right age for our list, although I can not see him leaving Adelaide.

Shoenfield and Ramsay look ok from a far and I would take McGovern if he did not cost too much.

There are a few other players who we could look at to improve our depth and replace list cloggers like Dawson, but would only offer them 1 year deals on low money.

With a big list turn over the next few years, we need to take a few players we wouldn't otherwise look at plus some mature age players to improve our list depth. Ideally we shouldn't be drafting non mature age players past the 4th round (Currently we only have 3 picks inside the 1st 4 rounds, and at least 8 players to move on).

I would rather take a risk with any of these players, than keep Suban for 1 more year.

Brendon Ah Chee (2011 Pick #45) 188cm/84kg - MID
Jackson Ramsay (2012 Pick #38) 183cm/77kg - DEF
Brandon Matera (2010 Prelisted) 175cm/70kg - MID/FWD
Josh Schoenfeld (2015 Pick# 34) 186cm/75kg - MID

Declan Mountford (2015 Pick# 60) 181cm/75kg - MID - No
Nathan Broad (2015 Pick# 67) 192cm/83kg - DEF
Kamdyn McIntosh (2012 Pick #31) 192cm/89kg - Utility
Blaine Boekhorst (2014 Pick #19) 186cm/74kg - MID
Mitch McGovern (2014 Pick #43) 191cm/84kg - FWD
Jarrad Jansen (2013 Pick #36) 192cm/93kg - MID
Harrison Marsh (2012 Pick #44) 188cm/82kg - DEF/MID
Whilst I agree that Subes should move on. Most of that most of that list is pretty ordinary. Matera, Greenwood and Mitch are clearly talented but have their limitations/drawbacks/cost. Some of the others might amount to something but none have shown anywhere near enough to spend more than pick 50 on.

If any get delisted it might be worth a stab (Hammer got delisted).

That would be silly wouldn't it. My point is that we already have enough inside mids, that we're playing some out of position. The other poster pointed to a lack of young developing inside mids at Peel - perhaps they would like Blakely or Weller at Peel? Why would we get another one in Mountford just to play at Peel?

We can't have that many if Suban is still getting a game

Whilst I agree that Subes should move on. Most of that most of that list is pretty ordinary. Matera, Greenwood and Mitch are clearly talented but have their limitations/drawbacks/cost. Some of the others might amount to something but none have shown anywhere near enough to spend more than pick 50 on.

If any get delisted it might be worth a stab (Hammer got delisted).

Agree but they have a chance of being good players, we can't draft 8 players a year so we need to get creative.

Ole Crumpet said on Saturday that Mitch McGovern will not even think about coming to the Eagles now given the treatment of Matt Priddis.

He did say the same thing about Lewis Jetta though after the treatment of Adam Goodes at Domain Stadium a couple of years ago.

Ole Crumpet said on Saturday that Mitch McGovern will not even think about coming to the Eagles now given the treatment of Matt Priddis.

He did say the same thing about Lewis Jetta though after the treatment of Adam Goodes at Domain Stadium a couple of years ago.

What treatment of Matt Priddis?

What treatment of Matt Priddis?

Given a contract for 2018 then told by the club that he had to retire at the end of the year so that his salary would not be included in next year's cap.

It's clear that the Eagles need to free up some room under the salary cap so that they can try to buy another premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given a contract for 2018 then told by the club that he had to retire at the end of the year so that his salary would not be included in next year's cap.

It's clear that the Eagles need to free up some room under the salary cap so that they can try to buy another premiership.

Where does his salary show up then, if not in next years cap? Surely if you pay a player under a contract it has to be accounted for in your TPP..

Where does his salary show up then, if not in next years cap? Surely if you pay a player under a contract it has to be accounted for in your TPP..

Usually to retire is the only way of pulling out of a playing contract, unless both parties mutually agree to terminate the contract. By choosing to retire this year, surely the Eagles don't have to pay out his contract for next year?

Hagdorn reckons that his contract was left in Trevor Nisbetts' in-tray and was not signed by the Eagles. So he probably doesn't have a contract to play on anyway.

His agents would have pressed them for a copy of the contract, it's the whole basis of their involvement with players (why they don't sign with clubs directly). The bean counters and others at the club would have insisted for budgets, paperwork to the AFL purposes as well for insurance. I highly doubt this unsigned contract story.

Usually to retire is the only way of pulling out of a playing contract, unless both parties mutually agree to terminate the contract. By choosing to retire this year, surely the Eagles don't have to pay out his contract for next year?

Hagdorn reckons that his contract was left in Trevor Nisbetts' in-tray and was not signed by the Eagles. So he probably doesn't have a contract to play on anyway.

I thought his 2018 contract was a triggered one.

Surely he would've been paid some extra money this season (or some other benefit in future) to smooth things over..

I thought his 2018 contract was a triggered one.

Surely he would've been paid some extra money this season (or some other benefit in future) to smooth things over..
I think Priddis would have been well rewarded for his distinguished football career, and that he will have plenty of opportunities post playing days. It wouldn't be so much about the money per se. That would not be the main gripe. No matter what the sledgers say about him, including a big raft of WC supporters, he is an icon of the club, and should never be treated in this kind of fashion. Having said that, I doubt if the club has done anything that would burn bridges in their relationship with Priddis.

Hav a mate who coachs juniors at attadale,they had j gov down for training and he recons mitch is freo bound -book mark it.didnt say if he was going to jump ship tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back