Aussies Brisbane 2032 - What sports should be included?

Remove this Banner Ad

If 3v3 basketball is included there is not limit to what joke sports can now be introduced.
4 square? Markers up?

Like someone if there can be 35 odd medals for swimming, Basketball can four across men's and women's. It has also allowed for a few different teams to make it

For 2032 even though it is my true passion I wouldn't bother with Cricket. Netball would be my first choice.

Like someone if there can be 35 odd medals for swimming, Basketball can four across men's and women's. It has also allowed for a few different teams to make it

For 2032 even though it is my true passion I wouldn't bother with Cricket. Netball would be my first choice.
Netball won’t make the Olympics as it’s a single sex sport only played by one sex. The Olympics don’t like this

I'd think that Cricket, Netball, Surfing will all be included. We could also see Lawn Bowls, Rugby League 9s, Squash and Baseball/Softball would be battling out for the last few spots.

In terms of how cricket would run? It is being held in Birmingham next year at the Commonwealth Games in the T20 format. T20 can back up 2 games in 3 days or even playing every day if need be.

As for the venues for these events: Due to the Gabba being used for the Athletics/Ceremonies, Metricon Stadium could possibly used for Cricket Finals. Allan Border Field could also hold preliminary matches particularly with the women. North Queensland could come into play too with Cazaly's Stadium and Riverway Stadium as well as Great Barrier Reef Arena also being used. All these venues have been used for domestic or international cricket in recent years. Netball has quite a few options especially at venues that have hosted Super Netball and International matches right throughout Queensland with finals being played at Nissan Stadium also known as the Queensland State Netball Centre. Lawn Bowls will be at Broadbeach as was the case for the 2018 Commonwealth Games same thing with Squash at the Oxenford Studios. Surfing is spoilt for options with countless locations on the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast. Rugby League 9s could be at Suncorp in the second week after Rugby 7s are held in the first week or could also be in Redcliffe or North Queensland. Baseball/Softball is a tricky one as there isn't too many venues around. Metricon Stadium could be transformed into a baseball venue potentially but venues like Holloway Field is quite small. This could be why it misses out? Maybe a new venue will be required?

Cricket
Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast
Allan Border Field, Brisbane
Riverway Stadium, Townsville
Cazaly's Stadium, Cairns
Great Barrier Reef Arena, Mackay

Netball
Carrara Indoor Stadium, Gold Coast
Townsville Entertainment and Convention Centre, Townsville
Cairns Convention Centre, Cairns
Cairns Pop Up Arena. Cairns
Nissan Stadium, Brisbane

Lawn Bowls
Broadbeach Bowls Club, Gold Coast

Surfing
Gold Coast
Sunshine Coast

Rugby League 9s
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Redcliffe Stadium, Brisbane
North Queensland Stadium, Townsville

Baseball/Softball
Holloway Field, Brisbane
Blacktown Baseball Stadium, Sydney

Squash
Oxenford Studios, Gold Coast

I'd think that Cricket, Netball, Surfing will all be included. We could also see Lawn Bowls, Rugby League 9s, Squash and Baseball/Softball would be battling out for the last few spots.

In terms of how cricket would run? It is being held in Birmingham next year at the Commonwealth Games in the T20 format. T20 can back up 2 games in 3 days or even playing every day if need be.

As for the venues for these events: Due to the Gabba being used for the Athletics/Ceremonies, Metricon Stadium could possibly used for Cricket Finals. Allan Border Field could also hold preliminary matches particularly with the women. North Queensland could come into play too with Cazaly's Stadium and Riverway Stadium as well as Great Barrier Reef Arena also being used. All these venues have been used for domestic or international cricket in recent years. Netball has quite a few options especially at venues that have hosted Super Netball and International matches right throughout Queensland with finals being played at Nissan Stadium also known as the Queensland State Netball Centre. Lawn Bowls will be at Broadbeach as was the case for the 2018 Commonwealth Games same thing with Squash at the Oxenford Studios. Surfing is spoilt for options with countless locations on the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast. Rugby League 9s could be at Suncorp in the second week after Rugby 7s are held in the first week or could also be in Redcliffe or North Queensland. Baseball/Softball is a tricky one as there isn't too many venues around. Metricon Stadium could be transformed into a baseball venue potentially but venues like Holloway Field is quite small. This could be why it misses out? Maybe a new venue will be required?

Cricket
Allan Border Field, Brisbane
Riverway Stadium, Townsville
Cazaly's Stadium, Cairns
Great Barrier Reef Arena, Mackay

Netball
Carrara Indoor Stadium, Gold Coast
Townsville Entertainment and Convention Centre, Townsville
Cairns Convention Centre, Cairns
Cairns Pop Up Arena. Cairns
Nissan Stadium, Brisbane

Lawn Bowls
Broadbeach Bowls Club, Gold Coast

Surfing
Gold Coast
Sunshine Coast

Rugby League 9s
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Redcliffe Stadium, Brisbane
North Queensland Stadium, Townsville

Baseball/Softball
Holloway Field, Brisbane
Blacktown Baseball Stadium, Sydney

Squash
Oxenford Studios, Gold Coast
League will never make the Olympics in any way shape or form

Cricket is a hard one is it better putting a full size square in at Metricon and using the one ground to keep costs down

Baseball has been dumped and I can’t see it making a comeback

Surfing is locked in as part of the Olympic program now

Also if they had league they would use the same venue as the 7s as those other grounds will likely be taken up with the soccer as that’s one of the hardest events to accomodate

Synchronised swimming, rhythmic gymnastics, half the events in artistic gymnastics.

they don’t have an issue with it.
gymnastics is historic.

The other problem with Netball. You can write a cheque for Australia, NZ and GB in getting the medals. Perhaps Jamaica. There is no depth. it is worse than Softball in that regard. No one really plays it in South America or Asia. only 1 European nation does and a couple of African ones. All commonwealth. Its a bit boring.

gymnastics is historic.

The other problem with Netball. You can write a cheque for Australia, NZ and GB in getting the medals. Perhaps Jamaica. There is no depth. it is worse than Softball in that regard. No one really plays it in South America or Asia. only 1 European nation does and a couple of African ones. All commonwealth. Its a bit boring.
I agree there isn’t as much depth.

cricket should definately be in though.

there Is even a push to bring cricket to the LA games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So
gymnastics is historic.

South Africa and Malawi would challenge

So

South Africa and Malawi would challenge
I am having a look at 2019's world cup. Malawi lost to Australia by 49 points. I know they beat NZ at the commonwealth games but lets be real.

there is nothing wrong with having 1 nation dominate in a sport. But netball is a terrible game to watch when it is one-sided.

I would be very disappointed if Squash, which is played and popular in Australia and more importantly worldwide, is denied again just to get Australia a cheap medal.

One yet to be mentioned is wakeboarding, which has been in the mix for a few years and I presume could be held in SEQ fairly easily.

There is an equal number of male and female events in gymnastics, by the way. Also, wrestling was initially dropped after 2012--it was re-added but with less men's events and more women's...

Synchronised swimming, rhythmic gymnastics, half the events in artistic gymnastics.

they don’t have an issue with it.
Gymnastics is historic and males compete in gymnastics and artistic swimming as they now call it was added in 84. While they may not cut sports there is a concerted effort to only add new sports that will bring equal male and female representation

So long as they get rid of some of the absolute plethora of combat sports - boxing, judo, taekwondo, karate, wrestling. Three of these tops....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back