Brisbane and Carlton - Which will be the last team without a win?

Which team will be the last to win a game in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 49 50.5%
  • Carlton

Votes: 48 49.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Given these two teams have gone around 2 weeks now where they are the only teams without a win I thought it would be interesting to see what people thought about in terms of which of these two teams is going to be the last team without a win in 2018?

Brisbane
Round 6 vs GWS (Spotless)
Round 7 vs Collingwood (Gabba)
Round 8 vs Western Bulldgos (Etihad)
Round 9 vs Hawthorn (Gabba)
Round 10 vs Sydney (Gabba)

Carlton
Round 6 vs Western Bulldogs (Etihad)
Round 7 vs Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)
Round 8 vs Essendon (MCG)
Round 9 vs Melbourne (MCG)
Round 10 vs Geelong (GMHBA)

and if anyone wants to know, both these two play each other in round 16.

Carlton are a chance against Essendon in round 8, if Melbourne haven't gotten their s**t together and Carlton are coming off a win or competitive loss they're a chance then too.
Brisbane are a chance against C'wood at the Gabba in round 7 and Essendon in round 11, though they'd probably be more of a shot at Etihad.
They could both challenge the Doggies in the coming weeks.

Carlton a good chance to win next week I’d have thought. Bulldogs are a mess right now and if anything last nights scoreline flattered them.

Carlton a good chance to win next week I’d have thought. Bulldogs are a mess right now and if anything last nights scoreline flattered them.

Dogs have been terrible away but competitive at home. Clearly though they are both teams best chance for a win.

You'd give Carlton some hope in 3 of the 5 games, Lions will be 0-10 if they can't beat the dogs I reckon.

Having played both I’d have to say the Lions are the more dangerous side you wouldn’t want to play without being switched on. Carlton just don’t seem to have any damaging players. That said the luck of the draw could well come into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think it'll be the Blues. I think injuries will force Bolton back to the defensive gameplan of last year. I agree with his positive comments long term. For now they'll have to retreat to staying in games and not getting blown off the field.
Lions are in a better position to take risks and will catch someone out.

Given these two teams have gone around 2 weeks now where they are the only teams without a win I thought it would be interesting to see what people thought about in terms of which of these two teams is going to be the last team without a win in 2018?

Brisbane
Round 6 vs GWS (Spotless)
Round 7 vs Collingwood (Gabba)
Round 8 vs Western Bulldgos (Etihad)
Round 9 vs Hawthorn (Gabba)
Round 10 vs Sydney (Gabba)

Carlton
Round 6 vs Western Bulldogs (Etihad)
Round 7 vs Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)
Round 8 vs Essendon (MCG)
Round 9 vs Melbourne (MCG)
Round 10 vs Geelong (GMHBA)

and if anyone wants to know, both these two play each other in round 16.
Brisbane may upset Collingwood but it’s a big if. Carlton are a chance against the WB, Essendon and Melbourne. If they get close against the WB and Essendon then they’ll beat us. We are the most inconsistent and difficult side to read.

Think Brisbane will beat Collingwood. They’re playing ok football and we’ll be on the road with our third game in 11 days.

Similar to last year, Collingwood beat Geelong after the short ANZAC Day turn around then lost to Carlton the following week.

I don’t think Carlton will win a game while the midfield is as thin as it is at the moment. After Cripps, Ed Curnow would be number 2 and Zac Fisher number 3 on current form. The last two would be in the 5-7 range at best in the sides we are coming up against, which is way to weak to beat another AFL side. Once Murphy, Kennedy and Kreuzer start to come back, we will be in with a shot at least.

I don’t think Carlton will win a game while the midfield is as thin as it is at the moment. After Cripps, Ed Curnow would be number 2 and Zac Fisher number 3 on current form. The last two would be in the 5-7 range at best in the sides we are coming up against, which is way to weak to beat another AFL side. Once Murphy, Kennedy and Kreuzer start to come back, we will be in with a shot at least.
What’s the turn around time on those 3?

Back