Brisbane and Richmond, why isn't there a rivalry?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t get the hate either as they always beat us over those premiership years. It’s bizarre
Its because they cant accept that they aren't relevant anymore, while Geelong are just getting on with the job.

It doesn't help that their coach is mentally immature who wants to blame everyone else - his presser last night being prime evidence of that

ive always considered our main rival as being collingwood although collingwood supporters obviously wouldnt think the same way about brisbane

i dont pay much mind to richmond
why? don’t you have a clean record against collingwood when it matters? thought that would be a one sided rivalry

What rivalry? Richmond are Brisbane's bunnies with a 2-1 record in finals. Considering how trash Brisbane are in finals this really is appalling by Richmond.
We'll always have the only flag at the Gabba though. They should paint the seats yellow and black in our honor.

why? don’t you have a clean record against collingwood when it matters? thought that would be a one sided rivalry
bit of old fitzroy rivalry coming in that was passed down to me and with collingwood fans always seeming to be willing to go to the gabba means its really rocking when we get to play up there

been some memorable games since the early 00's as well. last year zac bailey after the siren was a ripper

Its because they cant accept that they aren't relevant anymore, while Geelong are just getting on with the job.

It doesn't help that their coach is mentally immature who wants to blame everyone else - his presser last night being prime evidence of that
The arc call was fantastic. I think you need glasses or some basic geometry lessons if you can’t figure out that ball sailed dead set over the point post and probably marginally to the point post angling. Was clearly not a goal. The AFL rightfully ticked it off.

It is a little interesting that Brisbane have only won two finals recently, and they were both against Richmond.
Isn't it interesting that in the initial final we had an underdone Prestia and no Lynch (which they barely won), and last night lost Prestia again early. Isn't it also interesting the while Brisbane have been top 4 or thereabouts we have won two flag to their zero. I would say it's quite a lopsided rivalry yet not really a rivalry as we will now most likely be rebuilding while they contend for a few years.

Isn't it interesting that in the initial final we had an underdone Prestia and no Lynch (which they barely won), and last night lost Prestia again early. Isn't it also interesting the while Brisbane have been top 4 or thereabouts we have won two flag to their zero. I would say it's quite a lopsided rivalry yet not really a rivalry as we will now most likely be rebuilding while they contend for a few years.
Do you know what interesting means? None of that was it.

What rivalry? Richmond are Brisbane's bunnies with a 2-1 record in finals. Considering how trash Brisbane are in finals this really is appalling by Richmond.
How about Carlton make finals first before talking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know what interesting means? None of that was it.
I guess you're right. Being a Carlton fan the competitions laughing stock for a number of years is actually hard to top in terms of interesting content. At least we made finals with a half rebuilt list while you choked with a list that has traded away picks, bottomed out, and loaded up on FA's with no cap room yet you still can't even compete in finals. That is really interesting!

I guess you're right. Being a Carlton fan the competitions laughing stock for a number of years is actually hard to top in terms of interesting content. At least we made finals with a half rebuilt list while you choked with a list that has traded away picks, bottomed out, and loaded up on FA's with no cap room yet you still can't even compete in finals. That is really interesting!
So much deflection is this thread. It's okay guys but if you read the title it's about Brisbane and Richmond. Carlton are such an amazing team I understand them being on your minds at all times, but lets stick to the topic at hand. Do you think there is a rivalry going on between Brisbane and Richmond, or is it a one-sided affair with Richmond supporters being upset at being Brisbane's bunnies.

It's 3-1 in favour of Brisbane actually. You're forgetting about the 2001 prelim.

It's 3-1 in favour of Brisbane actually. You're forgetting about the 2001 prelim.

They didn’t steal a flag off us though. 2020 we still won it, 2001 & 2022 we weren’t good enough to win it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back