Debutant
Dec 10, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Old Fitzroy
Greetings all.

Found this on the end of the 1996 Second Semi Final DVD from Sports Delivered. Thought it might cheer people up given all the gloom and doom of recent weeks.

Brisbane Bears Will Live Forever - Live 1996 [2nd Semi Final] - AFL Club Theme Song

You can extract an MP3 file from this video using Clip Converter. Set the start time to about 33 seconds to capture that portion of the video with the players singing.

Don't stop believing, gang. The real song is out there somewhere and we WILL find it! :)

Anyway, enjoy!:thumbsu:

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
The club ended just as the Bears were creating a real good culture for themselves. My first reaction to the merge news was disappointment. Still have the old Bears scarf I wore to the first game at Carrara. I am too young to remember, but my Dad tells me that they didn't have the licence to sell beer yet! Good memories. Cheers.

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls
Greetings all.

Found this on the end of the 1996 Second Semi Final DVD from Sports Delivered. Thought it might cheer people up given all the gloom and doom of recent weeks.

Brisbane Bears Will Live Forever - Live 1996 [2nd Semi Final] - AFL Club Theme Song

You can extract an MP3 file from this video using Clip Converter. Set the start time to about 33 seconds to capture that portion of the video with the players singing.

Don't stop believing, gang. The real song is out there somewhere and we WILL find it! :)

Anyway, enjoy!:thumbsu:

You f*cking beauty :)

I don't think that room has changed one bit since 1996 has it?

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Let's fix that, shall we? :)

AFL Centenary Celebrations - Brisbane Bears Theme Song [Swing Version] - Mike Brady

This makes more sense when you watch the entire performance. As 10Dulkar noted, the AFL's Centenary Ball included a medley of all club songs, each performed in a different musical style by either Mike Brady and The Music Men or club luminaries such as Rex Hunt, Jim Stynes, Tony Liberatore, Sam Newman and Lou Richards.

Brisbane actually got off lightly with this Swing version. Fremantle got stuck with Country & Western and Tigers fans have to endure the Richmond Rap. Fitzroy's theme song isn't too bad, a Parisian Can-Can in keeping with its French origins.

AFL Centenary Celebrations - All Club Theme Songs

Anyway, its kinda-sorta the Bears theme song. Download here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/isxakr

Enjoy! :footy::):footy:

What's the tune that the Bears song is based on please? I just can't name it and it's doing my head in.

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Just a thought,
We have the lyrics, we know the tune used, why not just record it new? Does anyone know a music producer? Someone brilliantly talented, local, and a supporter of our club? Someone trusted to take care and love of it. But they have to be really good, be able to do the instrumentals and vocals with skill.
I know, James North .

James, do you know anyone?:cool:

James may have let us down but not Brizrider. The reason why is a bit of a long story but I know some professional musicians who are working on it at the moment and it should be released to Big Footy fans some time in the next few months. Stay tuned.

James North

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Maybe they still need a producer.;)

Edit: Pro bono of course. Could be good for you.:thumbsu:

Pete-Murray.jpg

Back