Brisbane Bears club song

Remove this Banner Ad

It was/is the Zillmere song ("Good old Eagle boys forever!"). Also South Sydney.

And the Fairfield City Falcons RLFC...... "Glory Glory Fairfield City ..........etc"

Edit: It's amazing I can remember back that far !!

No, I haven't found the song, but a couple things I want to say-

I've definitely heard a couple people say that the original recording was lost, but I can't find any evidence of this

I've emailed the club with the address on their about page, let you know if I get anything back.

Has anyone tried contacting the AFL itself. Would they have a copy??

I find it difficult to believe no copy has survived, but I don't think it's a high priority for anyone at the Lions or the AFL.
The thing is, even if there's a copy lying around on an old dusty shelf at the Lions headquarters, we're never going to find it unless the club themselves want it

Just to rule it out, but it isn't this one that you are referring to?

This has sat on my shelf for years with other various knick-knacks. Can't remember if I ever played it.

View attachment 1028693View attachment 1028694View attachment 1028692

Hope the photos work...
Thank you, but unfortunately not. This is the 'dare to beat the bear' version, used from 1987 to around 1994 or 1995. We are currently looking for the 'Brisbane Bears will live forever' version used for a very short time before the merge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was in use from at least as early as 1995. It was played as the players took the field for the club's first final v Carlton at the MCG. And all the home games, of course.

The song can be heard at the end of a North Melbourne-Brisbane game

There was a set of CDs released in 1993 with each of the club songs. Richmond and Adelaide's songs are on YouTube, Richmond's sounds like it could potentially be the same singer. Even if Brisbane's song on the CD isn't the one we're looking for, it would definitely be a different version to 'Dare to Beat the Bear'

I remember my dad playing the Bears song when i was little in the car on cassette. Not sure what version tho. Wonder if he still has it but seems odd that there isn't a recording of it somewhere.

I started another thread on this topic but wanted to say that tracking down any TV and Radio broadcasts of Bears games from 1994 to 1996. I'm currently looking for the 1996 Semi Final against Carlton as the TV cameras captured a fairly good recording of the song when it was played after the game. A radio broadcast of this game would be great as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back