Competitions Brisbane board mock draft 2018 - Round 4 on the clock/happy now luthor?

Remove this Banner Ad

Some decent players getting around in the early-mid 20s... Would've loved a live pick here if it weren't for Ballenden
Yep, unless someone unexpected falls to 18 I think we might reach for Zac Bailey, Lachlan Fogarty or a really left field selection, mature ager Tim Kelly from the WAFL.

I gather there must be a silent consensus that Naish and Ballenden will not be selected.
It's interesting isn't it. I guess fans don't get too caught up in players they perceive to be unattainable, and academy/F&S players probably fit that bill.

I thought maybe for this exercise someone would take Ballenden, because we're all Brisbane fans and have followed him closely, but alas

It's interesting isn't it. I guess fans don't get too caught up in players they perceive to be unattainable, and academy/F&S players probably fit that bill.

I thought maybe for this exercise someone would take Ballenden, because we're all Brisbane fans and have followed him closely, but alas
Not so much Ballenden, but no bids for Naish who is seen as a first round midfielder is puzzling.

FWIW - Quigley went LDU, Aaron Naughton and Lochie O'Brien in the D&T version of this exercise.

I like it. If we don't get Ballenden we'd probably want to add another KPP if not 2.

FWIW - Quigley went LDU, Aaron Naughton and Lochie O'Brien in the D&T version of this exercise.
Yeah was an interesting point around Naughton. He wasnt filling the number one need in midfields but was a clear best available when he slid to there. At some point you just have to take quality like that

Carlton

Pick 30

Charlie Spargo

Will do a write up later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Quigs also matched a bid for Ballenden at 23 (Naish bid at 22), which shifts pick 44 back to 58., with 173 pts left over after matching. Picks 52 plus 58 still enough to match a bid for Payne at 31 or later. Should be possible to get both in the real thing, as long as bid for Ballenden is 19 or later.

32 - Patrick Naish.

Very surprised he's still here. I'm guessing that his allegiance to Richmond just means he's one people don't follow too closely, as I can't imagine there's any way he slides this far in the actual thing.

Pick 33, Sydney Swans- Jack Petruccelle.

The need for speed, Petruccelle had the fastest time (2.82 seconds) over 20 meters of this years draft crop, an elite basketball junior he has only really started to take footy seriously over the last 12-18 months so there is a huge upside. The swans need outside speed to lend a hand to Gary Rohan and everyone can also use more chase and pressure. Others considered here- Ryley Stoddart, Harrison Petty and Jordan Houlahan.

From AFL draft central-

Scouting notes: The fastest player in the TAC Cup with a 20m sprint time of 2.82s. He is willing to take opposition players on and burn them off along the wing. Also possesses a very good leap. His kicking on the run is a work-in-progress and needs work, but his eye catching displays are continuing to get better and more consistent. Comes from an elite basketball background. His contested ball numbers are very good.

You're up Rubix WingMan .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back