Brisbane Car Fire Deaths

What horrible news. The alleged perpetrator of a car being set alight along with its occupants.

“He’s poured petrol on me.”

Such a horrid act of possible murder/suicide and it would seem as the sole survivor and alleged perpetrator were in a custody battle for the kids in the car.

I feel sick.

If it was indeed the father, it's a pity he didn't survive. Once he'd recovered enough, they could douse him and light him up, again and again and again.

He's a monster.

Nine news is reporting he died from self inflicted knife wounds now. Their mother is in a coma, if she ever comes out of it has to relive it all again and somehow go on without her children in knowing how they died. If it was me, I'd probably prefer to quietly pass and go with them.

The mother has died 💔

Probably for the best unfortunately.

I can in some small way, as reprehensible as it is, comprehend how a man with his mind as lost as it was wanted his family join him in departing this life.

I can't fathom though why you would choose to burn your kids alive as the method. There is a special place in hell for this campaigner.

Perhaps it was the best thing for her given the loss of her children-who am I to say. Not many things make me ashamed to call myself a man but things like today just have me shaking my head in disbelief.

With respect, this has nothing to do with gender. This is just an abhorrent monster.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Perhaps it was the best thing for her given the loss of her children-who am I to say. Not many things make me ashamed to call myself a man but things like today just have me shaking my head in disbelief.

Yes because this incident is clearly gender based and all men should be ashamed.

What a dumb comment.

outabounds

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2009
Lygon Street
AFL Club
Carlton
Last edited:
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Probably for the best unfortunately.

I can in some small way, as reprehensible as it is, comprehend how a man with his mind as lost as it was wanted his family join him in departing this life.

I can't fathom though why you would choose to burn your kids alive as the method. There is a special place in hell for this campaigner.

I just had the same discussion with someone.
I have no sympathy for him and the act is pure evil. But to do this your mind must be truly truly broken. I’ve gone through a shattering personal experience recently and it involves children and I’ve had mental health issues and even at the most basic level in those situations the mind plays with you and thoughts pop into your head but to allow them to get to that stage and follow through on them is something I can’t wrap my brain around, especially the manner in which it was done.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Look at the statistics at who do these things- its nearly always men, many separated women live in fear. Anyway i wouldn't demean such a tragedy by starting a keyboard war with someone over blatant facts.
Maybe you should have a read of this https://www.whiteribbon.org.au/unde...-violence-women/domestic-violence-statistics/

Without going into too much detail
I literally got physically domestically abused today. So I know that it’s not all one way regardless of figures.

Yes it is nearly always men who do these things.
It is nearly always men who end up on the wrong side of the ledger in custody battles as well.
It is nearly always men that have to accede to the other party in a separation.
It is nearly always men who are portrayed as the bad partner after a marriage breakdown.

None of this justifies the sort of evil act perpetrated today.
But it isn’t hard to see why so many men especially after a family breakdown struggle with mental health problems.

I literally got physically domestically abused today. So I know that it’s not all one way regardless of figures.

It is nearly always men who end up on the wrong side of the ledger in custody battles as well.
It is nearly always men who are portrayed as the bad partner after a marriage breakdown.

But it isn’t hard to see why so many men especially after a family breakdown struggle with mental health problems.

The Johhny Depp/Amber Heard story is a great example of this.

outabounds

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2009
Lygon Street
AFL Club
Carlton

Mate, I went through a divorce several years ago and I know exactly what you are talking about and agree with what you are saying. It's tough and I lost a lot of things that were important to me, and I have heard many stories associated with the man being wiped out financially and emotionally throughout the whole process. Of course it can in no way justify the horror of today as you said. I sincerely hope you and your partner can sort things out.

Truly horrible event.

I don't care what anyone says, no excuses, the father is an evil monster. If you want to depart this earth, don't take other lives with you especially your own children. They have their own lives to live, it's not your choice to take them with you.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Truly horrible event.

I don't care what anyone says, no excuses, the father is an evil monster. If you want to depart this earth, don't take other lives with you especially your own children. They have their own lives to live, it's not your choice to take them with you.
While I agree with you I think writing off the father as an evil monster is ignoring something. The phrase 'Evil Monster' implies it can be dealt with or put away in the closet under supernatural evil acts.

I'm not religious so I don't think of it as evil, but I do wonder what caused this behaviour and it should be looked in to. Psychological problems, drugs, any number of things could have flicked off in his brain. Don't get me wrong as I am not forgiving or understanding what's gone on in Brisbane, but I'm not going to appease myself by thinking it was just some evil monster.

That makes no sense.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
To get back at the woman who had left him he decided to hurt her by taking from her what she cherished the most - her children.
I don't think he cared for her or the kids anymore, this act was purely for himself. I bet he fantasized about it for days prior to committing it.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
That guy wasn't a man. As soon as his wife realised that too she left him.

Back