Brisbane Clean Out Begins? Matthews & Leppitsch gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

QLDbeachbabe

All Australian
Apr 7, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...eppitsch-set-to-lose-job-20160816-gqu1oj.html Just got told to have a look on the age so it all begins. I hope the Afl really help out and change the club around like the Demons have.

The fallout from the Brisbane Lions' latest annus horribilis will not only end the senior coaching career of Justin Leppitsch but is also expected to see the resignation of the club's three-time premiership coach and powerbroker Leigh Matthews.

Leppitsch, who received a one-year contract extension in March, cannot survive the Lions' disastrous season that has, to date, seen just three wins, captain Tom Rockliff at odds with club leaders and AFL intervention as Brisbane's debt continues to spiral out of control.

Last edited by a moderator:

Really need to change that sensationalist thread title.

I heard that there were only 8,000 fans at the Gabba at the weekend. If so, that's the biggest nail in Leppa's coffin. Unsustainable.

Brisbane should stick to their guns and keep Leppa for next year. What they should do is take a senior assistant coach (Bomber Thompson type, maybe Ratten) and if it doesn't get any better next year, then remove Leppa closer to the end of his contract and the assistant takes on the role of senior coach.

Reckon the AFL should be ok with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's obviously going at some stage. But the "new" article isn't saying anything we don't already know. Sensationalist really.

Really need to change that sensationalist thread title.

I heard that there were only 8,000 fans at the Gabba at the weekend. If so, that's the biggest nail in Leppa's coffin. Unsustainable.

Attendance was 17432

Maybe it was 8000 by the end or something

I stand by my sources.

If they say it was 8000 it was 8000.

Doesn't really matter if it was 8000 or 17432 ... It's rubbish either way.

As you say, "unsustainable".

Ross Lyon the new coach.

Will make 2 sets of supporters very happy.

Ross Lyon only takes jobs where someone else has done the work to build a list that is capable of winning a flag. Then Ross Lyon spends the next 5 years driving that list into the ground and then lets someone else fix his mess.

I'm sure Lethal will be chuffed with the photo they used of him in the article

1471340680461.jpg

Seriously, they couldn't use one with his eyes open? Or is this their not so subtle dig at him being asleep at the wheel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back