jackmac7

Club Legend
Feb 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Could it ever happen, i would love to see the old Brisbane bears back wearing their traditional strip and the Roys back wearing their traditional strip. The Roys go to the A.C.T and remain the Lions. Would make for an awesome rivalry game.

It would give both clubs a sense of identity as a sole club again, not half this half that. I miss both clubs and watching them run around in those great strips. Would you aprove it?

I think it would be better for footy in Brisbane to throw the Melbourne tag off their back and at the same time win back old roy supporters who might not have their team back in Melbourne but they do have their team back and running around the AFL again playing out of the A.C.T and more importantly wearing the old Roys Guernsey with pride which will make alot of people happy again.

Don't get upset just tell me what you think.

2020-

Brisbane Bears
A.C.T Lions

LuckyLuke

Club Legend
Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Feb 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You don't want to know what i think. Why to you think us Brisbane Lions supporters are ashamed of either the Brisbane or the Fitzroy side of our club?

Get a clue.

didak04

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sadly this could never happen. Fitzroy are dead as a football club, they couldn't survive in 1996 they have no hope of coming back now, especially in the A.C.T

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
Just worry about if you will ever see your club win a premiership.

Can't believe what I have just read.

In answer to your question jackmac7, NO it will never happen. We have built our club over the last 12 years and we are not going to ruin that for the ACT or anywhere else in Australia, we are the mighty Brisbane Lions.

Apr 19, 2005
The Pub
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
UQ AFC (My only true team)
Could it ever happen, i would love to see the old Brisbane bears back wearing their traditional strip and the Roys back wearing their traditional strip. The Roys go to the A.C.T and remain the Lions. Would make for an awesome rivalry game.

It would give both clubs a sense of identity as a sole club again, not half this half that. I miss both clubs and watching them run around in those great strips. Would you aprove it?

I think it would be better for footy in Brisbane to throw the Melbourne tag off their back and at the same time win back old roy supporters who might not have their team back in Melbourne but they do have their team back and running around the AFL again playing out of the A.C.T and more importantly wearing the old Roys Guernsey with pride which will make alot of people happy again.

2020-

Brisbane Bears
A.C.T Lions

You've been pushing this for a bit, haven't you. I've read what you've had to say on the expansion board. It won't happen. We're too much intertwined with each other now :D

Closest thing for the Bears returning is seeing our beautiful V guernsey return. Soon I hope :D

Sadly this could never happen. Fitzroy are dead as a football club, they couldn't survive in 1996 they have no hope of coming back now, especially in the A.C.T

Fitzroy isn't dead. They are still a football club. Just not an AFL one. Same Club same logo same jumper.

jackmac7

Club Legend
Feb 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New England Patriots
just my little theory if one day the AFL wanted to expand to 20 teams. I'm slowly warming to the Brisbane lions but I warm alot more when i watch you play in Heritage round.

How about wearing the bears jumper in Brisbane, Roys jumper in Melbourne and Brisbane Lions Jumper in interstate games ie; WA, SA, NSW?:D

I'm sure there are plenty of old Roy supporters and Bears supporters that love to see it happen. Maybe Brisbane might shake off the blue and go back to wearing Bears colours?

Probably not but if you hadn't won a flag by now maybe it could have been a messy divorce.

How about wearing the bears jumper in Brisbane, Roys jumper in Melbourne and Brisbane Lions Jumper in interstate games ie; WA, SA, NSW?:D

I'm sure there are plenty of old Roy supporters and Bears supporters that love to see it happen. Maybe Brisbane might shake off the blue and go back to wearing Bears colours?

Don't go there.

Lady Lawrence

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2002
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
just my little theory if one day the AFL wanted to expand to 20 teams. I'm slowly warming to the Brisbane lions but I warm alot more when i watch you play in Heritage round.

Probably not but if you hadn't won a flag by now maybe it could have been a messy divorce.

Might I make a suggestion that you take a bit of time to read this board and gain a little knowledge before posting any more of your thoughts.

Thanks it would be much appreciated.

Blueboys7

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pheonix Suns
Brisbane lions are a well established club why would anyone spilt them up. You have had much success (eg 4 GF appearances 3 winners) what more could you want. Your re-building phase (if you could call it that) is moving along very nicely and will be well placed even for this year. Brisbane Lions is now a great club and a respected one why would anybody change that? (not trying to stir anything)

Oct 20, 2007
The Juc!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC member
No doubt jackmack7 is pissing into a cyclone with his idea and it will never happen.

However, there are still some that would like to see the Fitzroy FC go beyond the Victorian Amatuers.....possibly as a VFL Brisbane aligned team in Melbourne?

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I've got no problem with an idea from "Left Field" being floated on our Board from time to time but this de-merger proposition is so far left it's over the fence and out in the car-park.

Really, you've got to wonder whether this is a troll in disguise,designed to stir up trouble.

Anyway, to play a straight bat to the question....there's just been too much invested by the BLFC club in the merger to even remotely consider undoing the whole she-bang.

The Brisbane Lions have done a lot of work to preserve the history and heritage of Old Fitzroy and to foster a Melbourne supporter base.....despite the best efforts of the AFL to bury the memories of Fitzroy completely.

In short, even if the club in a fit of total madness were to float the idea of a demerger, the AFL would never allow it.

Ze Boy

Debutant
Feb 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
FITZROY, Melbourne Victory.

2020-

Brisbane Bears
A.C.T Lions

You are clearly a troll but hey I'll play, any form of Brisbane split Fitzroy playing in any place other than Melbourne would be an insulting abomination there thats what you wanted to hear now piss off keyboard warrior but seriously come on to a lions forum and insult us but then say "Oh please don't get upset:rolleyes:" STFU you tosser

Brisbane lions are a well established club why would anyone spilt them up. You have had much success (eg 4 GF appearances 3 winners) what more could you want. Your re-building phase (if you could call it that) is moving along very nicely and will be well placed even for this year. Brisbane Lions is now a great club and a respected one why would anybody change that? (not trying to stir anything)

Nope I agree and nice to hear something like this from someone whose not a Brisbane Lions supporter most other supports have this form of sickening insult about my club but none of them have ever maybe thought that I like the lions as they are now:eek:

However, there are still some that would like to see the Fitzroy FC go beyond the Victorian Amatuers.....possibly as a VFL Brisbane aligned team in Melbourne?

That would be awesome. A Fitzroy VFL team. I admit i have loved Brisbane ever since they were the bears (I try to watch all their games) and sometimes go to the games in melb, but when two clubs that were struggling come together and do what they did was just awesome.

Back