Brisbane Footy Clubs Information

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G’day The Thistle,

I’m hoping that you were the player in the Old Scotch jumper at training last Wednesday. If that’s you, welcome to the Club!

If it wasn’t you, you may like to know that we may have an old team mate training with the Club.

Basically, what I can say is that it would be great to see you and your mates become involved with our Club at Yeronga. We have a top bunch of blokes involved (with a large number of Tasmanians) – and three open grade teams, so there is a place for everyone.

If you live at Fairfield, you will be within walking distance of our grounds. Last year, even though displaced from our home ground, we celebrated our Centenary with an excellent function at the Brisbane Convention Centre. The flood has caused some obvious problems so far this year, but we are excited about the season ahead and look forward to playing some good football.

I would like to encourage you (and any other players looking for a club) to come along to training, have a chat, see what we’re about and where we’re heading before settling on a decision.

Welcome to Queensland!

G'day Its A Crock,

Thanks for sharing your concerns about Yeronga. Its great to know so many people out there care.

Please feel assured that whilst we have voluntarily transferred the lease of Leyshon Park to the AFL, we will maintain many of the same rights we previously held with the Brisbane City Council through a licence agreement with the AFLQ Executive. We will still be able to train, play, and trade at the venue.

It is a partnership, so there are certain responsibilities and obligations to be maintained by both groups. And we must respect each other - but we are still in a good position.

I'm not sure what "sold their soul" means - but let's consider an alternative: how would the Club be placed right now, post-flood destruction, if we did not have this partnership in place? We would certainly get by for a short while, no problems - but it could have been a bleak future beyond the first few years.

Fortunately, by trying something innovate and positive, we have been able to evade those problems.

And hopefully, still attract new players to a vibrant Club.

G'day Its A Crock,

Thanks for sharing your concerns about Yeronga. Its great to know so many people out there care.

Please feel assured that whilst we have voluntarily transferred the lease of Leyshon Park to the AFL, we will maintain many of the same rights we previously held with the Brisbane City Council through a licence agreement with the AFLQ Executive. We will still be able to train, play, and trade at the venue.

It is a partnership, so there are certain responsibilities and obligations to be maintained by both groups. And we must respect each other - but we are still in a good position.

I'm not sure what "sold their soul" means - but let's consider an alternative: how would the Club be placed right now, post-flood destruction, if we did not have this partnership in place? We would certainly get by for a short while, no problems - but it could have been a bleak future beyond the first few years.

Fortunately, by trying something innovate and positive, we have been able to evade those problems.

And hopefully, still attract new players to a vibrant Club.

Mate, we all know that Yeronga is the home of football and the most loved club in Brisbane.
Ask any club that is not the lease holder if they can apply for a grant and they will tell you the answer is no. So you will be going cap in hand to your landlords from now on, but dont worry I am sure they dont want to look out over your ruins either so will try to help. Hey by the way how did your club go with selling the bar operations to the Yeronga RSL, another great idea. Whats that, no money in 3 years from your bar sales, great decision.

Bottom line, when its pissing down and you play it will be on the second
oval away from the bar and canteen, because the AFLQ and the AFL will want it nice and pretty for the Gold Coast Suns resssies. Have fun being a tennant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back