M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
the audio of the Chris Fagan interview mentioned by POBT above. first 90 seconds is the end of a Dane Swan interview.

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The more I hear Fagan talk the more I think Rocky is gone. Everything Fagan says he wants is diametrically opposite to what Rocky has been doing. I dont think you can back yourself to change somebody's behaviour that much. Just dont think we will get the deal we want.

WA Lion

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
the audio of the Chris Fagan interview mentioned by POBT above. first 90 seconds is the end of a Dane Swan interview.

Does anyone else have terrible audio when you try to play the clip?

I tried playing it straight from their twitter and just as bad

The more I hear Fagan talk the more I think Rocky is gone. Everything Fagan says he wants is diametrically opposite to what Rocky has been doing. I dont think you can back yourself to change somebody's behaviour that much. Just dont think we will get the deal we want.

Fagan's conversation with Rockliff will be interesting in that Noble will have advised him of any conversations Rockliff's manager may have had with the crows.

Fitzroy bears

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Every time i listen to fagan i get a little more pumped for the season ahead. I know i will regret it but he is just so damn positive. :)

Fitzroy bears

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is it over the top to suggest we compile a thread for all the interviews with fagan and noble and call it " When the footy gods came to brisbane" just in case they lead us to premiership glory so we have a time capsule of this moment:).......... yep my wife is right i've lost it.

Consistent messaging from Fagan and Noble is a refreshing change.
And based on a clear understanding of where their respective responsibilities lie - e.g. Fagan will leave public commentary on Rocky and Hanley to Noble and Schwab.

Is it over the top to suggest we compile a thread for all the interviews with fagan and noble and call it " When the footy gods came to brisbane" just in case they lead us to premiership glory so we have a time capsule of this moment:).......... yep my wife is right i've lost it.
Yes quite OTT. On the other hand, I hear they are considering renaming the B&F the Noble Prize.

Hardly. Went from no excuses at the start of the year to every excuse under the sun as the season went on.

I will stand behind what i said.
Young, developing, leadership, facilities, draw etc, etc, etc. They were all being thrown around at the start of the year.
It all just got louder as the year wore on, the losses continued and the pressure got more intense.
And then those realities become excuses.

Panthera

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Top interview. But some super dumb questions asked too :rolleyes:

This guy will not take any s**t - nor will Noble. They will clean through our list over the next 2 off seasons and keep only those that are going to return us to finals and ensure we are a solid club long term.

Re. Rocky meeting this week; can really only see it going one of two ways:

1. He puts his hand up, declares all his issues and is assisted to become the leader (not necessarily captain) the club expected him to become.

2. Rocky starts by making excuses... "Okay, thanks Tom. We'll leave it here". Trade him out.

The personal visit to Schache's family in Seymour would suggest they are just a little concerned about him.
Really?? Fagan has caught up with other players and their families while being down in Melbourne.

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The personal visit to Schache's family in Seymour would suggest they are just a little concerned about him.

Schache's pretty happy at Brisbane. His Mother, Step Father and siblings have been hugely supportive. I'm not expecting a contract extension anytime soon though but unless something drastic chances I'd be shocked to see him leave.

Nothing to be worried about here. Fagan is just caching up with a few of the players from Melbourne whilst there and the players are back home seeing family and friends. Presents a good chance to meet the interstate players, but to also introduce himself to their families.

Back