Club Focus Brisbane Lions 2021 - Fort, Wilmot, Lohmann, Tunstill

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the Tunstill pick. Enjoyed his work in the state games. Had Freo in a phantom draft and picked him up. Not sure exactly where he fits into this side over the first two years of his contract, but expect him to be given every opportunity to prove himself eventually.

Like the Tunstill pick. Enjoyed his work in the state games. Had Freo in a phantom draft and picked him up. Not sure exactly where he fits into this side over the first two years of his contract, but expect him to be given every opportunity to prove himself eventually.
It was an interesting pick up with players like Draper still available and he would have fit our list needs

OK, "non-KPD forward" or "small/medium forward". It certainly wasn't an area of interest to a lot Lions posters that I read before the draft. So your thought would be that Lions will move Rayner to a permanent midfield role, and hence Kai is effectively a replacement to Rayner's previous role. OK, thanks.
Competing with Cockatoo as an eventual Zorko replacement, though not a like for like replacement.

I expect we’re going to roll Zorko, Bailey and Rayner through the midfield and forward line.

Ah Chee as cover for Charlie and Linc, Coackatoo as cover for Zorko and Rayner.

Lohman probably provides depth behind Cockatoo to start with, and Blake Coleman provides depth behind Ah Chee.

I expect we’ll delist CEY and Ely Smith at the end of next season, so Tunstill should become depth behind Robertson and Mathieson for our midfield.

As he fills out, I expect he’ll become a bigger bodied mid able to play inside or out. He’s got the type of game that should compliment Robertson in our future midfield, if he develops.

He’s got the size and athletic attributes our inside mids lack, he’s pretty raw, though he looks like he has a good understanding of the game.

I expect we’ll delist CEY and Ely Smith at the end of next season, so Tunstill should become depth behind Robertson and Mathieson for our midfield.

As he fills out, I expect he’ll become a bigger bodied mid able to play inside or out. He’s got the type of game that should compliment Robertson in our future midfield, if he develops.

He’s got the size and athletic attributes our inside mids lack, he’s pretty raw, though he looks like he has a good understanding of the game.
What holds Smith back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back