Club Focus Brisbane Lions 2022 - Gunston, Dunkley, McKenna, Ashcroft, Fletcher, Lester, Cockatoo

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Hope we go hard at Darcy Moore.

Otherwise we need points for 3 to 5 academy and father son kids.

Lore updated list from the Lions board.
Thanks to trikster for creating the initial list. Moved it here for mods to keep track and update it more easily.

Bold text indicate players are FAs at the end of the current season. Those that are so because they've previously been a free agent at another club, or a delisted free agent, are explicitly noted to avoid confusion. Italics indicate players that are FAs at the end of their current contract.

By Player

2. Deven Robertson - 2022
3. Joe Daniher - 2023 (ExFA)
4. Callum Ah Chee - 2022/2023 (Unknown)
5. Mitch Robinson - 2022 (ExDFA)
6. Hugh McCluggage - 2024 (RFA)
7. Jarrod Berry - 2024 (RFA)
8. Ely Smith - 2022
9. Lachie Neale - 2023
10. Daniel Rich - 2022 (UFA)
11. Lincoln McCarthy - 2024
12. Nakia Cockatoo - 2022
13. Thomas Berry - 2022
15. Dayne Zorko - 2022 (UFA)
16. Cam Rayner - 2025 (RFA)
17. Jarryd Lyons - 2024 (ExDFA)
18. Keidean Coleman - 2024
19. Henry Smith - 2022
20. Jaxon Prior - 2022
21. Tom Fullarton - 2022
22. Harry Sharp - 2023
23. Charlie Cameron - 2025 (RFA)
24. Marcus Adams - 2023
25. Daniel McStay - 2022 (RFA)
26. Connor McFadyen - 2022
27. Darcy Gardiner - 2022 (RFA)
28. Cam Ellis-Yolman (R) - 2022 (ExFA/ExDFA)
30. Eric Hipwood - 2023 (RFA)
31. Harris Andrews - 2025 (RFA)
33. Zac Bailey - 2024
34. Blake Coleman - 2022
35. Ryan Lester - 2022 (UFA)
36. Rhys Mathieson (R) - 2023 (ExDFA)
37. Brandon Starcevich - 2024
39. Carter Michael (R) - 2022
40. Jack Payne - 2024
41. Deividas Uosis (R) - 2022
42. James Madden (R) - 2021
43. Noah Answerth - 2022
45. Kalin Lane (R) - 2022
46. Oscar McInerney - 2024 (RFA)
Darcy Fort - 2024
--. Darcy Wilmont - 2023
--. Kai Lohmann - 2023
--. James Tunstill - 2023

By Year

2021:

James Madden (R)

2022:
Darcy Gardiner
Thomas Berry
Noah Answerth
Daniel McStay
Cam Ellis-Yolman (R)
Ely Smith
Nakia Cockatoo
Deven Robertson
Jaxon Prior
Ryan Lester
Deividas Uosis (R)
Blake Coleman
Henry Smith
Daniel Rich
Dayne Zorko
Carter Michael (R)
Connor McFadyen
Mitch Robinson
Tom Fullarton
Kalin Lane (R)

2022 or 2023? (unannounced):
Callum Ah Chee

2023:
Lachie Neale
Eric Hipwood
Joe Daniher
Harry Sharp
Marcus Adams
Rhys Mathieson (R)
Darcy Wilmont
Kai Lohmann
James Tunstill
Keidean Coleman

2024:
Jarrod Berry
Oscar McInerney
Hugh McCluggage
Zac Bailey
Brandon Starcevich
Jack Payne
Jarryd Lyons
Lincoln McCarthy
Darcy Fort

2025:
Charlie Cameron
Harris Andrews
Cam Rayner

Lore updated list from the Lions board.
If you have links for the contract dates/status send them to footywire and get them to update their data.

The spreadsheet is just scraping their data and transforming it to a way that is readable and embeddable for comparison purposes, if I go in overwriting the datascrape then I’d have to manually update all details for 800 players across the league (and there is no way I’m doing that 😂).

Would Brisbane seriously consider trading with North Melbourne for pick 1? Try and get in before a bid for Ashcroft who seems like the unanimous top choice?

North could feasibly have two firsts (22 + 23 firsts) and perhaps a first choice player from Brisbane in a real coup for the Lions. With Fletcher coming along, Brisbane are going to have to get some points in somehow OR try to get in before bids for both boys.

As mentioned, unsure on the logistics but something to consider and a different angle to helping North re build.

I don't see how we'd have the currency to do it without giving up someone that we really wouldn't want to give away (McCluggage, Bailey etc.). It's hard enough to move to pick 1 when you have a pick in the top few, let alone when your first pick is likely to be in the teens.

I think the other issue is that we'd really struggle to find enough points to match the bids for Ashcroft and Fletcher. Trading away future picks reduces the amount of deficit you can go into as well.

Wonder if WCE make a play for Dev Robinson. Really promising, likely to have picks to get it done, and WA boy who is fringe due to the strength of the Lions list.

Wonder if WCE make a play for Dev Robinson. Really promising, likely to have picks to get it done, and WA boy who is fringe due to the strength of the Lions list.

Can imagine them having interest but with him having another year on his contract, Zorko almost at the end and Lyons hitting a wall quickly we'd be silly to do it unless he was really determined to get out. Ashcroft and Dev into the midfield next year, please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember seeing an approximate list of what each player earns and Gardiner was disproportionately high on it, for the value he gives us. I'd be putting him on the market.

I remember seeing an approximate list of what each player earns and Gardiner was disproportionately high on it, for the value he gives us. I'd be putting him on the market.

Isnt he a restricted free agent this year?

Agreed to a 4 year deal, before even getting drafted?

Isn't that draft tampering?

F/S rules allow it, Collingwood did it with Daicos and no one battered an eye.

I guess the question is how do Brisbane find draft points now they have Ashcroft over the line and potentially Fletcher too.

McStay will get them a likely 1st/2nd band compo which currently is either currently 15 or 19 (not including other FA compos/bids for sake of ease).

If we call the above 19 without knowing how the herbs and spices get added and the talk above of an Eagles interest in Dev Robertson (I'm assuming more speculation the cold hard fact but it works here so lets go with it). Trading 19 and Robertson to WCE for 20 35 38 gives the Lions an extra 1200~ points and values Robertson at 14, which if WCE had 14 and offered to the Lions I don't think to many would be knocking back.

Slight stumble would be are WCE keen to give up picks in the predicament they find themselves in? Are they better off keeping them or banking on Robertson and 19?

They could go out and split 14 somewhere as well so that this wasn't eaten up but looking currently hard to see many with the picks/points that the Lions would want.

I guess the question is how do Brisbane find draft points now they have Ashcroft over the line and potentially Fletcher too.

McStay will get them a likely 1st/2nd band compo which currently is either currently 15 or 19 (not including other FA compos/bids for sake of ease).

If we call the above 19 without knowing how the herbs and spices get added and the talk above of an Eagles interest in Dev Robertson (I'm assuming more speculation the cold hard fact but it works here so lets go with it). Trading 19 and Robertson to WCE for 20 35 38 gives the Lions an extra 1200~ points and values Robertson at 14, which if WCE had 14 and offered to the Lions I don't think to many would be knocking back.

Slight stumble would be are WCE keen to give up picks in the predicament they find themselves in? Are they better off keeping them or banking on Robertson and 19?

They could go out and split 14 somewhere as well so that this wasn't eaten up but looking currently hard to see many with the picks/points that the Lions would want.
I’m not sure what Suns 2nd round picks are worth but Twomey suggested a trade with the Suns with our First and 2nd going to the Suns

I’m not sure what Suns 2nd round picks are worth but Twomey suggested a trade with the Suns with our First and 2nd going to the Suns
Lore producing the goods as always

Same spread of picks as well as WCE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back