Pick your entire backline

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Seen this over on the Bulldogs board and thought it may be worth a shot here.

Voting is line by line. Voting is: a number of players that I feel are relevant to the current section of the ground will be placed into a poll. You are to vote for as many players as is required.

For example, we'll be picking the back line from now until Saturday, so you should vote for two back pockets, two half backs, a full back and a centre-half back. New polls will be put up every few days. Below is a tentative schedule:

Back line: NOW - 5pm December 6th
On-ballers: December 7th - 5pm December 10th
Wingmen: December 11th - 5pm December 14th
Forward line: December 15th - 5pm December 18th
Interchange: December 18th - 5pm December 21

Feel free to discuss the selections on the thread but make sure you vote in the poll to ensure that your vote is counted. Only votes from Brisbane Lions supporters will be considered.

Again, in this poll we're selecting two back pockets, two half backs, a centre-half back and a full back. If you believe I've missed anybody that should be eligible in these positions, let me know and I'll add them in.

Likewise any other errors, please message me.

*** If a mod could please fix the first part of the poll up where I've put down only pick 1 KPD.

Last edited:
Allen Christensen must be a chance to play back pocket. From memory last time he played seniors he played a number of games in defence. I don't think he's a lock to play forward. We need pace in the back line, especially against sides like Richmond or Adelaide with fast small forwards. Realise this was with a different coach, but we don't know what Fages will do yet.

Unless the way this works is that players only appear for voting in one possible group?

Allen Christensen must be a chance to play back pocket. From memory last time he played seniors he played a number of games in defence. I don't think he's a lock to play forward. We need pace in the back line, especially against sides like Richmond or Adelaide with fast small forwards. Realise this was with a different coach, but we don't know what Fages will do yet.

Unless the way this works is that players only appear for voting in one possible group?
Had a very quick chat to Bundy yesterday and he said he will be playing a combo of mid and forward.

Bundy isn’t that quick and we already have a lot of competition for backline spots.

Thought Bundy was really showing something in the backline but given our current team composition Bundy is definitely required around the middle and up forward.

You're supposed to pick the whole back 6.

I like it but am I meant to be picking a CHB from the fullback list? It does say pick on in the poll title?
Just 1 full back and 2 back pocket at this stage i believe.

From the OP.

For example, we'll be picking the back line from now until Saturday, so you should vote for two back pockets, two half backs, a full back and a centre-half back. New polls will be put up every few days. Below is a tentative schedule:

Back line: NOW - 5pm December 6th
On-ballers: December 7th - 5pm December 10th
Wingmen: December 11th - 5pm December 14th
Forward line: December 15th - 5pm December 18th
Interchange: December 18th - 5pm December 21

You're supposed to pick the whole back 6.

From the OP.

I don't get why he's titled the poll "Full Back(Pick1)" then... And that's before getting into the multiselection allowed.

Edit: Eh, I think I see - it's multiple polls in one?

I don't get why he's titled the poll "Full Back(Pick1)" then... And that's before getting into the multiselection allowed.

Edit: Eh, I think I see - it's multiple polls in one?

Might make sense if one of the McStays was Jack Payne and one of the Sam Skinners was Matt Eagles ..... ?????

Should probably be pick any six and have no double ups. Good concept

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why don't we just go:

Poll 1 - Fullback line (3)
Poll 2 - HB Line (3)
Poll 3 - Midfield (outside)
Poll 4 - Ruck and onballers
Etc???

Shouldn't we be picking the ALF-X team first? All midfielders?

On a serious note I wouldn't mind at least having the option of voting for Eagles. Depends whether it's consensus best 22 we'll have for round one or the best 22 we'll pick for the grand final.

According to our preseason thread McStay now training with the forwards, so maybe he's in the wrong group here, or should be in the forwards as well, at least. I'm tossing up about whether he makes our best 22 as a KPD.

Back