Strategy Brisbane Lions Coaching and Staff Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top priority should be to get the right development coaches in. For the first time in a while, we have a fair number of talented youngsters who have shown signs. Too often in the past, young players show signs and then stagnate over time. Really hope the club recognises this as a issue of high importance.

So if a kid has a few drinks and stays at a birds house overnight would he get a fine if a random tester showed up and he wasn't home?
That's an interesting question, I wonder to what extent it applies - period of longer than 24 hours or something???

You would hope they don't have to advise them they are heading down the road to get a coffee!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's an interesting question, I wonder to what extent it applies - period of longer than 24 hours or something???

You would hope they don't have to advise them they are heading down the road to get a coffee!

When you read it like that, it does seem intrusive to say the least.....I'm all for every type of drug test there is, but gee, didn't realise that every day of the year they have to report their whereabouts to the Lions..

..and as has been mentioned above, what if a player meets up with a young lady say at 11pm, decides to stay at her house for the night, is he expected to ring someone from the club at that hour to inform them he is having a one night stand, is that ok?

Seriously, seems ott and massively restrictive.......are the players not allowed any privacy at all? Surely during their holiday break, they could be free from testing at least, but once back in training, game on.

Seriously, seems ott and massively restrictive.......are the players not allowed any privacy at all? Surely during their holiday break, they could be free from testing at least, but once back in training, game on.

So are you okay with Jake Carlisle's antics last year MM?

When you read it like that, it does seem intrusive to say the least.....I'm all for every type of drug test there is, but gee, didn't realise that every day of the year they have to report their whereabouts to the Lions..

..and as has been mentioned above, what if a player meets up with a young lady say at 11pm, decides to stay at her house for the night, is he expected to ring someone from the club at that hour to inform them he is having a one night stand, is that ok?

They only have to specify one hour per day to be available for testing, not that onerous.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...der-U-S-hotel-room-grainy-Snapchat-video.html

If you have a blanket window where players won't be tested/think they can get away with it the entire system would fall apart.

Ah yes, remember now........it certainly wasn't a good look, and I've always said boot them out when caught doing stuff like that, when they, probably more than the everyday joe out there, gets more education about the pitfalls, consequences and lack of professionalism from taking drugs...

..however, after reading the article about being fined, I had no idea how strict it was ...... so, how do the players go about informing the club? Do they have a book to write their whereabouts in? When's and where's of their life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back