Preview Brisbane lions Dedicated MSD 2021 draft pick thread - Kalin Lane

Remove this Banner Ad

brisbanelions

Cancelled
Oct 17, 2020
i did not see a post for the 2021 MSD so sorry I missed it. Players I would consider are the following.
I love speed, -players who r not afraid to take the game on and have a great leap and good mark and are skillful /have a great potential/ upside . As mentioned earlier by another poster Brisbane r looking at a long term prospect, (i.e.young) so with our pick these are the players I would consider. Stengle is the other player I would love based on talent but the question is 1) does he have too much baggage and 2) reports Collingwood will take him early any way.

what I don’t want is to recycle ex afl players as they have had their chance with the exception of stengle if available and if he passes the Behavioural checks and is available

Another large tall with a bit of speed would be nice to help Andrews.With injuries to Darcy and Lester as an insurance policy.

Defense-Backline. 3 options i would consider.

Blake Schlensog – South Fremantle Bulldogs

20 years old – 199cm – 99kg

Quote -Schlensog was delisted by Geelong after two seasons with the club as a Category B rookie. Now plying his trade in defence for South Fremantle, he has been a revelation as he earned a call-up to the WA State Team. At 199cm and 99kg, Schlensog is a mature key position player already, and looks settled down back where he can use his leap and explosiveness to his advantage. He is averaging 19 disposals and eight marks per game, including a 28 possession, 12 mark game on the weekend as he becomes a key driver out of South Fremantle’s defence. At 20-years-old he remains a work in progress, but the upside is there for AFL clubs looking to the future.

Cody Raak – Western Jets

18 years old – 192cm – 80kg

Quote-The Western Bulldogs NGA product can nominate for the mid-season draft and forego his ties to the club, or stay with the Western Jets and join the Dogs as a Category B rookie at the end of the season. As a result of strong form he has made his debut for Footscray in the VFL. Raak is a third-tall size at 192cm, but offers powerful drive as a runner and projects to become an effective ball user out of defence with a raking boot and ability to create something special every game. He went forward in the Colgate Under 23s game on the weekend to bag two goals in the second half, showcasing his flexibility at his size.

Photo by someone not me kudos to them whoever they are -fantastic photo
0158a9703a2aba118e8dacbee6a30eea.jpeg

21 Dominic Akuei (Northern Knights) above
12/05/2002 | 192cm | 78kg

Quote- The Carlton NGA prospect was impressive in his first game not being a number one ruck. With Smith in the side, Akuei was given the freedom to ply his trade down in defence, where his elite leap and marking ability led to two particularly memorable moments. Both times, he got up on the shoulders of opponents to take the ball above his head. Perhaps seen as risky given he was in defensive 50 for both of these, it was an eye-catching display of confidence and skill. He moved the footy well by foot, delivering darting kicks to inside 45 options every time the opportunity presented itself. He then played mostly on a wing in the second half, where he looked comfortable with his positioning and ability to hold space, again utilising that marking a few times to hand Metro possession and move quickly.

Small forward /future midfield rotation

Tyrone Thorne – I really really like this young kid.Peel Thunder-would love brisbane to offer him a spot in our VFL team if they decide not to draft him in MSD mentored by charlie as a future prospect long term.only young @ 19 ,but i love his speed,skill and he is not afraid to tackle and can take a great grab.

19 years old – 167cm – 68kg

Quote- With pace to burn and a keen goal sense, Thorne shapes to be one of the best small forwards available in the mid-season draft. The 19-year-old is averaging 25 disposals per game at league level for Peel Thunder this year, and has kicked nine goals in his five games. Blessed with incredible athletic traits, Thorne broke Stephen Hill’s 10-year AFL agility test record at the WA State Combine in 2019 with a 7.761 second effort, and showcased his leap with a 77cm running vertical. His stature has put AFL clubs off in the past as he is just 167cm, but this season Thorne has shown he can match it with seasoned bodies. On the weekend he had 29 disposals and kicked two goals straight in a best-on-ground performance. He will most likely settle into a small forward role where he can showcase his defensive pressure and goal threat.

Midfield

Jack Avery – Perth Demons Colts

19 years old – 190cm – 83kg

Quote-Avery has been the dominant WAFL Colts player this season as a tall, contested midfielder. He is averaging 34 disposals per game, which included a 41 disposal, 14 mark game against East Fremantle. The next task for Avery is to hit the scoreboard when he floats forward, but his ability in the air has been impressive as he averages over eight marks per game. Clubs looking for a contested bull for the future will be heavily invested in the Cottesloe product

quote draft central 2020
POSITION: General Defender

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “Avery is a tall defender who shot onto the AFL Draft scene in 2020 with an outstanding season, in which he showcased his ability to intercept mark and find plenty of the ball.” – Michael Alvaro

Claremont’s Jack Avery has rocketed into AFL Draft contention on the back of an outstanding top-age season in the WAFL Colts. He was a key and consistent figure in the Tigers’ team which made the Grand Final, quickly consolidating his spot at centre half-back after missing out on his side’s 2019 premiership. It means he has gone from a relative unknown, to potentially becoming the next great Claremont intercept defender to reach the elite level. The 18-year-old also worked hard on his overall fitness in 2020, showing marked improvement in his running capacity, strength, and agility. His form and steep rate of development proved more than enough to earn selection in the second Western Australia Under 18 All-Stars showcase, as well as a late call-up to his state’s draft combine to confirm a level of AFL interest. As one of the big improvers in 2020, Avery looms as a true draft smokey and firmly places himself in the ‘bolter’ category.

STRENGTHS:

• Intercept marking
  • Contested marking
  • Reading the play
  • Accumulation
  • Rate of improvement
IMPROVEMENTS:

• In-between size
  • Lack of high level exposure
Avery is a versatile defender in the sense that he can fulfil his defensive duties well, but also works to put his side on the front foot from the back half. At the core of that, and his overall game is the ability to pick off intercept marks. Avery is a strong and competitive unit, with his courage to go back with the flight or position in the hole aiding his nous of cutting off opposition attacks. He is just as capable of winning the ball back in one-on-one contests too; out-bodying his direct adversary or simply reading the direction of play at a superior rate. He is not only a terrific reader of the play, but also a sound reader of the ball in flight. That slight distinction is what really helps Avery’s marking prowess, as he can then position best to clunk the ball, protect the drop zone, or work around his opponent to get a clean run at it. From there, neat exit kicks on his favoured left side are usually the go-to, another big part of Avery’s game.

The next trait which sets Avery apart is his ability to rack up strong numbers across half-back. He produced eye-catching averages of over 23 disposals, six marks, and 10 intercept possessions across a full WAFL Colts campaign in 2020, peaking at 33 disposals and seven marks in the losing Grand Final. He only dropped below 20 disposals once, in Round 4 against one of the bottom sides in Peel Thunder. It also shows a high level of consistency for Avery, something which made him increasingly hard to ignore as the season went on. Thus, his rate of improvement ended up being as high as many other players in the draft pool; going from the struggle of battling for a game last year, to eventually become one of the most reliable figures in the competition’s minor premiership winning team.

In terms of improvements or the factors working against Avery, his in-between kind of size would be at the forefront. While he can largely play as a centre half-back at Colts level and shut down one of the opposition’s best tall forwards, Avery may struggle to replicate that same style of play at 189cm in the elite system. He is strong and competitive, but would perhaps be suited to a third-up role or even more midfield minutes going forward. Had he earned that extra exposure at the highest level possible, Avery could well have better developed his midfield craft and added some strings to his bow to further push his draft case. In his current role, he remains one of the best in his cohort, but his rate of development points towards being able to adjust quickly to whatever may be thrust in front of him – something he may be forced to do in the AFL system.

DRAFT PROJECTION: Late – Rookie

Given the large majority of runs Avery has put on the board came in 2020, he has massively benefitted by simply being able to prove his worth on the field as a top-ager. It also means he remains a late chance of making the elite grade, and a rookie spot could suit him well as he continues to improve at a steep rate. Clubs will have to figure out what kind of role would best suit Avery at the next level and decide whether they have the ability to develop him over time, especially given the impending cuts to list sizes. That factor could see him initially miss, though there will be plenty of opportunities down the line in mid-season drafts should Avery continue to bang the door down among the WAFL grades.

Last edited:
i did not see a post for the 2021 MSD so sorry I missed it. Players I would consider are the following.
I love speed, -players who r not afraid to take the game on and have a great leap and skill/upside . As mentioned earlier by another poster Brisbane r looking at a long term prospect, (i.e.young) so with our pick these are the players I would consider. Stengle is the other player I would love based on talent but the question is 1) does he have too much baggage and 2) reports Collingwood will take him early any way.

what I don’t want is to recycle ex afl players as they have had their chance with the exception of stengle if available and if he passes the Behavioural checks and is available

Another large tall with a bit of speed would be nice to help Andrews.With injuries to Darcy and Lester as an insurance policy.

Blake Schlensog – South Fremantle Bulldogs

20 years old – 199cm – 99kg

Quote -Schlensog was delisted by Geelong after two seasons with the club as a Category B rookie. Now plying his trade in defence for South Fremantle, he has been a revelation as he earned a call-up to the WA State Team. At 199cm and 99kg, Schlensog is a mature key position player already, and looks settled down back where he can use his leap and explosiveness to his advantage. He is averaging 19 disposals and eight marks per game, including a 28 possession, 12 mark game on the weekend as he becomes a key driver out of South Fremantle’s defence. At 20-years-old he remains a work in progress, but the upside is there for AFL clubs looking to the future.

Cody Raak – Western Jets

18 years old – 192cm – 80kg

Quote-The Western Bulldogs NGA product can nominate for the mid-season draft and forego his ties to the club, or stay with the Western Jets and join the Dogs as a Category B rookie at the end of the season. As a result of strong form he has made his debut for Footscray in the VFL. Raak is a third-tall size at 192cm, but offers powerful drive as a runner and projects to become an effective ball user out of defence with a raking boot and ability to create something special every game. He went forward in the Colgate Under 23s game on the weekend to bag two goals in the second half, showcasing his flexibility at his size.

View attachment 1137175

21 Dominic Akuei (Northern Knights) above
12/05/2002 | 192cm | 78kg

Quote- The Carlton NGA prospect was impressive in his first game not being a number one ruck. With Smith in the side, Akuei was given the freedom to ply his trade down in defence, where his elite leap and marking ability led to two particularly memorable moments. Both times, he got up on the shoulders of opponents to take the ball above his head. Perhaps seen as risky given he was in defensive 50 for both of these, it was an eye-catching display of confidence and skill. He moved the footy well by foot, delivering darting kicks to inside 45 options every time the opportunity presented itself. He then played mostly on a wing in the second half, where he looked comfortable with his positioning and ability to hold space, again utilising that marking a few times to hand Metro possession and move quickly.

Small forward /future midfield rotation

Tyrone Thorne – Peel Thunder-would love brisbane to offer him a spot in our VFL team if they decide not to draft him in MSD mentored by charlie as a future prospect long term.only young @ 19 ,but i love his speed,skill and he is not afraid to tackle

19 years old – 167cm – 68kg

Quote- With pace to burn and a keen goal sense, Thorne shapes to be one of the best small forwards available in the mid-season draft. The 19-year-old is averaging 25 disposals per game at league level for Peel Thunder this year, and has kicked nine goals in his five games. Blessed with incredible athletic traits, Thorne broke Stephen Hill’s 10-year AFL agility test record at the WA State Combine in 2019 with a 7.761 second effort, and showcased his leap with a 77cm running vertical. His stature has put AFL clubs off in the past as he is just 167cm, but this season Thorne has shown he can match it with seasoned bodies. On the weekend he had 29 disposals and kicked two goals straight in a best-on-ground performance. He will most likely settle into a small forward role where he can showcase his defensive pressure and goal threat.

Midfield

Jack Avery – Perth Demons Colts

19 years old – 190cm – 83kg

Quote-Avery has been the dominant WAFL Colts player this season as a tall, contested midfielder. He is averaging 34 disposals per game, which included a 41 disposal, 14 mark game against East Fremantle. The next task for Avery is to hit the scoreboard when he floats forward, but his ability in the air has been impressive as he averages over eight marks per game. Clubs looking for a contested bull for the future will be heavily invested in the Cottesloe product

quote draft central 2020
POSITION: General Defender

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “Avery is a tall defender who shot onto the AFL Draft scene in 2020 with an outstanding season, in which he showcased his ability to intercept mark and find plenty of the ball.” – Michael Alvaro

Claremont’s Jack Avery has rocketed into AFL Draft contention on the back of an outstanding top-age season in the WAFL Colts. He was a key and consistent figure in the Tigers’ team which made the Grand Final, quickly consolidating his spot at centre half-back after missing out on his side’s 2019 premiership. It means he has gone from a relative unknown, to potentially becoming the next great Claremont intercept defender to reach the elite level. The 18-year-old also worked hard on his overall fitness in 2020, showing marked improvement in his running capacity, strength, and agility. His form and steep rate of development proved more than enough to earn selection in the second Western Australia Under 18 All-Stars showcase, as well as a late call-up to his state’s draft combine to confirm a level of AFL interest. As one of the big improvers in 2020, Avery looms as a true draft smokey and firmly places himself in the ‘bolter’ category.

STRENGTHS:

• Intercept marking
  • Contested marking
  • Reading the play
  • Accumulation
  • Rate of improvement
IMPROVEMENTS:

• In-between size
  • Lack of high level exposure
Avery is a versatile defender in the sense that he can fulfil his defensive duties well, but also works to put his side on the front foot from the back half. At the core of that, and his overall game is the ability to pick off intercept marks. Avery is a strong and competitive unit, with his courage to go back with the flight or position in the hole aiding his nous of cutting off opposition attacks. He is just as capable of winning the ball back in one-on-one contests too; out-bodying his direct adversary or simply reading the direction of play at a superior rate. He is not only a terrific reader of the play, but also a sound reader of the ball in flight. That slight distinction is what really helps Avery’s marking prowess, as he can then position best to clunk the ball, protect the drop zone, or work around his opponent to get a clean run at it. From there, neat exit kicks on his favoured left side are usually the go-to, another big part of Avery’s game.

The next trait which sets Avery apart is his ability to rack up strong numbers across half-back. He produced eye-catching averages of over 23 disposals, six marks, and 10 intercept possessions across a full WAFL Colts campaign in 2020, peaking at 33 disposals and seven marks in the losing Grand Final. He only dropped below 20 disposals once, in Round 4 against one of the bottom sides in Peel Thunder. It also shows a high level of consistency for Avery, something which made him increasingly hard to ignore as the season went on. Thus, his rate of improvement ended up being as high as many other players in the draft pool; going from the struggle of battling for a game last year, to eventually become one of the most reliable figures in the competition’s minor premiership winning team.

In terms of improvements or the factors working against Avery, his in-between kind of size would be at the forefront. While he can largely play as a centre half-back at Colts level and shut down one of the opposition’s best tall forwards, Avery may struggle to replicate that same style of play at 189cm in the elite system. He is strong and competitive, but would perhaps be suited to a third-up role or even more midfield minutes going forward. Had he earned that extra exposure at the highest level possible, Avery could well have better developed his midfield craft and added some strings to his bow to further push his draft case. In his current role, he remains one of the best in his cohort, but his rate of development points towards being able to adjust quickly to whatever may be thrust in front of him – something he may be forced to do in the AFL system.

DRAFT PROJECTION: Late – Rookie

Given the large majority of runs Avery has put on the board came in 2020, he has massively benefitted by simply being able to prove his worth on the field as a top-ager. It also means he remains a late chance of making the elite grade, and a rookie spot could suit him well as he continues to improve at a steep rate. Clubs will have to figure out what kind of role would best suit Avery at the next level and decide whether they have the ability to develop him over time, especially given the impending cuts to list sizes. That factor could see him initially miss, though there will be plenty of opportunities down the line in mid-season drafts should Avery continue to bang the door down among the WAFL grades.

Great post. Even greater photo - wowwee. What a leap.

Did you take the photo?

no i wish i did.great leap isn’t. has taken some great marks, so someone I hope is in the mix for the lions. add a bit of excitement down back. and as the quote states he is confident to back himself which I believe Fagan likes in a player, hence therefore he is on my short list for that exact reason.( i.e prepared to back himself/confident in his own abilities)

Last edited:
Tyrone Thorne please.
To expand on this, I feel like height can be overrated in the modern game. Look at guys like Zorko who was continually overlooked for his height, or how smaller guys like Caleb Daniel and Kozi Pickett are having a massive impact at AFL level in recent years despite their small stature. Tyrone Thorne possesses an incredible array of athletic and ball handling skills that would be the envy of quite a few current AFL players with his speed, agility and cleanliness below his knee's. I feel like with his pace, agility and one touch ball handling ability he'll be able to find the footy with relative ease at AFL level and his skill's are elite allowing him to impact the game. He is dominating the WAFL currently as a 19 year old and I feel like which ever club ends up taking a punt on him whether that be in the mid season draft, end of this year or in future years, they'll be very happy and other clubs will wonder why they didn't consider him in spite of his height.

In saying all of this I'm not sure he is necessarily a player of need for us and we may be more inclined to look for a taller prospect e.g. a ruck or KPP, however, talent wise he'd walk onto our list comfortably in my opinion.

To expand on this, I feel like height can be overrated in the modern game. Look at guys like Zorko who was continually overlooked for his height, or how smaller guys like Caleb Daniel and Kozi Pickett are having a massive impact at AFL level in recent years despite their small stature. Tyrone Thorne possesses an incredible array of athletic and ball handling skills that would be the envy of quite a few current AFL players with his speed, agility and cleanliness below his knee's. I feel like with his pace, agility and one touch ball handling ability he'll be able to find the footy with relative ease at AFL level and his skill's are elite allowing him to impact the game. He is dominating the WAFL currently as a 19 year old and I feel like which ever club ends up taking a punt on him whether that be in the mid season draft, end of this year or in future years, they'll be very happy and other clubs will wonder why they didn't consider him in spite of his height.

In saying all of this I'm not sure he is necessarily a player of need for us and we may be more inclined to look for a taller prospect e.g. a ruck or KPP, however, talent wise he'd walk onto our list comfortably in my opinion.
Brilliant. Love it. Great summary of a kid who has talent.Let’s hope his persistence gets rewarded in the not to distant future. Despite all the rejections (after putting himself out there constantly in several drafts and getting rejected ) that someone is prepared to give him a chance and unlock his full potential ,because quite simply,he has a lot of talent and hopefully someone sees it and rewards him for it.To not give up on his dream and show his real intent and want to play AFL, man the kid deserves a massive Kudos because a lot of kids after the amount of rejections he has had,would just give up.His desire, his want, his persistence shows me ,he has an immense character. In previous post I explained Caleb Daniel is actually shorter by 1 cm , it just goes to show, as you have stated and I will back you up on this, talent overcomes size. His speed and skill to me is a compelling reason to give this kid a chance to realise his dream and he is only 6 cm shorter than Zorks.

for those who do not believe he is talented.Quote draft article Note he is now 169 cm since this article.
‘The lively 167cm forward broke Stephen Hill's longstanding agility test record at the WA State Combine in October. He is capable of the mercurial as a small forward, with his ability to make things happen out of nothing impressing recruiters.‘ reminds me of a player we have on our list, Charlie and his ability to make things happen out of nothing. I see Tyrone as Charlie‘s apprentice and a future Charlie replacement as a small foward. Brisbane needs to start planning now and not wait until the very last minute.

Last edited:
Have I missed something - have the Lions indicated that they will actually participate in the MSD?
Yeah I think we will cause according to Conole's comments (on The Roar Deal) today looks like we might be looking at selecting up to two players in the Mid-Season Draft this year if opportunities allow it to happen, and would be choosing players for the long-term future impact as well for the club.

It wasn't mentioned but I have a gut feeling that this could mean that we are considering putting Harry Sharp on the LTI list alongside Rayner this year (for now) and allow him to finish his Yr 12 without any distractions and let him complete his rehabilitation from his ankle injury as well at the club without the urge of playing him.

It's going to be mighty interesting, what we do either way though if we select any players or not, but I feel like we will at select one for now.

Last edited:
Has there been any indication from the AFL that list sizes will be reduced going into the 2022 season, IIRC it was indicated that list sizes would be reduced gradually over the next couple of seasons, you would think it would affect decisions in the MSD if so.

The AFL really do drag their feet sometimes, very reactive in their decision making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I think we will cause according to Conole's comments (on The Roar Deal) today looks like there we might be looking at selecting up to two players in the Mid-Season Draft this year if opportunities allow it to happen, and would be choosing players for the long-term future impact as well for the club.

I have a gut feeling that this could mean that we are considering putting Harry Sharp on the LTI list alongside Rayner this year (for now) and allow him to finish his Yr 12 without any distractions and let him complete his rehabilitation from his ankle injury as well at the club without the urge of playing him.

It's going to be mighty interesting, what we do either way though if we select any players or not, but I feel like we will at select one for now.
Thanks for the tip, off to listen to it now.

Cleary and Twomey on AFL.com.au mentioned 23 year old forward Ashley Johnson from Sturt in the SANFL as a player on the radar of multiple clubs. He is the half brother of Shane McAdam and has a similar game style. Kicked 13 goals in 6 games in the SANFL thus far this year.

quote from draft central their latest update on both the players recent games.I mentioned i like these two amongst others. Afl draft central update on their latest performance.afl draft central ,I highly recommend them they are simply brilliant in what they do.well worth a read.link below. a massive massive Kudos to their team absolutely brilliant- for those who are interested.
#26 Cody Rack

Returning from the NAB League Break with added VFL experience, the mid-season draft prospect had a solid performance as a composed figure in the Western defence. He was rarely caught behind his opponents, but managed to close down the distance well and spoil. He used the ball exceptionally well by foot, especially in the defensive half, where he’d look to switch the play or slow it down to assess his options. As usual, he intercepted well throughout the game, pushing off opponents, especially in the last quarter, to impact the ball further up the ground and keep the pressure on.

#26 Dominic Akuei

A strong defensive performance from the 192cm backman, as he delivered a performance that will give him confidence moving forward. Had a desire to create run from the backline, constantly looking to spread from the backline when his side gained possession. Kept his opponents quiet and wasn’t afraid to get in the face of his opponents. He was even thrown into the ruck in the last quarter and displayed his athletic capabilities. Had his moment of the day in the last term with a brilliant goal saving run down. A promising outing, and plenty to build on in future matches.

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/2021/05/26/scouting-notes-2021-nab-league-boys-round-4/

Looks like we’ll just grab the most talented kid available. Most likely a 19 year old victorian

quote from draft central their latest update on both the players recent games.I mentioned i like these two amongst others. Afl draft central update on their latest performance.afl draft central ,I highly recommend them they are simply brilliant in what they do.well worth a read.link below. a massive massive Kudos to their team absolutely brilliant- for those who are interested.
#26 Cody Rack

Returning from the NAB League Break with added VFL experience, the mid-season draft prospect had a solid performance as a composed figure in the Western defence. He was rarely caught behind his opponents, but managed to close down the distance well and spoil. He used the ball exceptionally well by foot, especially in the defensive half, where he’d look to switch the play or slow it down to assess his options. As usual, he intercepted well throughout the game, pushing off opponents, especially in the last quarter, to impact the ball further up the ground and keep the pressure on.

#26 Dominic Akuei

A strong defensive performance from the 192cm backman, as he delivered a performance that will give him confidence moving forward. Had a desire to create run from the backline, constantly looking to spread from the backline when his side gained possession. Kept his opponents quiet and wasn’t afraid to get in the face of his opponents. He was even thrown into the ruck in the last quarter and displayed his athletic capabilities. Had his moment of the day in the last term with a brilliant goal saving run down. A promising outing, and plenty to build on in future matches.

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/2021/05/26/scouting-notes-2021-nab-league-boys-round-4/

In our list strategy, I can see a spot for a developing mld sized back that played tall.

Lost spot wise I’m a bit perplexed around why we would do this. We are already tight for ‘delistings’ IMO but maybe they’ll be a bit more ruthless and already have in mind what they are thinking to do. I suppose let’s not be surprised with some of the calls they make at the end of this year. However, will be interesting who we take.

Lost spot wise I’m a bit perplexed around why we would do this. We are already tight for ‘delistings’ IMO but maybe they’ll be a bit more ruthless and already have in mind what they are thinking to do. I suppose let’s not be surprised with some of the calls they make at the end of this year. However, will be interesting who we take.
I wonder what percentage of players up for the mid season draft would be stipulating they want a 6 month contract as opposed to the 18 month, we may only look at the 6 month options and then assess them over that time.

Also would those players on the 6 month contracts be considered part of our compulsory delistings for list management purposes if we decided they weren't up to it?

Also would those players on the 6 month contracts be considered part of our compulsory delistings for list management purposes if we decided they weren't up to it?

There's not a compulsory number of delistings. Instead, we need to take three draft picks/rookie upgrades which drives a certain number of delistings (often three - funny how that works out). Given these guys are effectively not using up a list spot because they're doubling up in the injured player's spot, delisting a six month contractee means you're just back to square one.

Giving one of them an 18 month contract could actually result in requiring an extra delisting at the end of the year because they'll then be using a real list spot.

There's not a compulsory number of delistings. Instead, we need to take three draft picks/rookie upgrades which drives a certain number of delistings (often three - funny how that works out). Given these guys are effectively not using up a list spot because they're doubling up in the injured player's spot, delisting a six month contractee means you're just back to square one.

Giving one of them an 18 month contract could actually result in requiring an extra delisting at the end of the year because they'll then be using a real list spot.
The club has said they are looking long term thought so may look at going the 18month option.
6 month would be better though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back