Brisbane Lions - Fitzroy Football Club - 1904 Colourized image of Fitzroy

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 22, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hi Guy, I have not been on these forums for several years, been very busy in business, however,for those that know me, also know I have a real passion of colourization of old black and white photos and am an amateur historian from way-back. I've colourized the 1904 Fitzroy Football Club Photo and uploaded it it for your consideration.

Let me know your thoughts.

Best regards
PA1870

Fitzroy F.C 1904.jpg

Hi Guy, I have not been on these forums for several years, been very busy in business, however,for those that know me, also know I have a real passion of colourization of old black and white photos and am an amateur historian from way-back. I've colourized the 1904 Fitzroy Football Club Photo and uploaded it it for your consideration.

Best regards
PA1870

View attachment 525884
Have a look at them all.
Arms folded in a way to puff up the biceps!
Classic photo, luv it! :thumbsu:
The bloke in the second row, second from the left needs some :blacksunrays:

Best regards
PA1870

View attachment 525884
Is the small one in the middle there the Coach?

Firs row: (sitting) second man from left
Second row from bottom: first, and second man from left and second man from right
Third row from bottom: first and third man from left and second man from right
Top row: Third man from right.

Sorry bit pedantic.

Great work:)

HowYouDoin

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Real Madrid
Wish we would go with a maroon inspired fitzroy guernsey rather than the royal colour. It's far more aesthetically pleasing and it serves as a different way to pay tribute to fitzroy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Wish we would go with a maroon inspired fitzroy guernsey rather than the royal colour. It's far more aesthetically pleasing and it serves as a different way to pay tribute to fitzroy
I’ve always been of the view that we should wear the traditional maroon FFC jumper in Victoria once year (or any variation of an FFC jumper once per year).

Similarly; I’d have no issue with us wearing a Bears inspired jumper once per year in Brisbane too.

Jul 22, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Firs row: (sitting) second man from left
Second row from bottom: first, and second man from left and second man from right
Third row from bottom: first and third man from left and second man from right
Top row: Third man from right.

Sorry bit pedantic.

Great work:)

Are you pointing out the leather re enforcement strips on the front lace up panel ? Some have them some don't. There was also some variation in the yellow colour depth of the guernseys as well. They were not one standard, exact uniform, equal strength, colour matched, yellow across the uniforms. Very much different from the PMS perfect colouring they have today.

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
I’ve always been of the view that we should wear the traditional maroon FFC jumper in Victoria once year (or any variation of an FFC jumper once per year).

Agree. The red (or 'light maroon') is my preference though. Wearing the red FFC logo jumper each year against Collingwood on a Saturday afternoon in Melbourne would be fantastic. Maybe with the Fitzroy senior side in the VAFA playing the curtain raiser before the game, as was done in 2003.

And wouldn't mind hearing this again.

Last edited:

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Agree. The red (or 'light maroon') is my preference though. Wearing the red FFC logo jumper each year against Collingwood on a Saturday afternoon in Melbourne would be fantastic. Maybe with the Fitzroy senior side in the VAFA playing the curtain raiser before the game, as was done in 2003.

And wouldn't mind hearing this again.

That fogged up the glasses a tad

Are you pointing out the leather re enforcement strips on the front lace up panel ? Some have them some don't. There was also some variation in the yellow colour depth of the guernseys as well. They were not one standard, exact uniform, equal strength, colour matched, yellow across the uniforms. Very much different from the PMS perfect colouring they have today.
Thanks for the explanation. You've done a great job.

Len S

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Best regards
PA1870

View attachment 525884
Thanks mate,love your work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back