Banter Brisbane Lions, home of the most ineffective small forward to kick 5 goals in a game - Chris 'Salty' Scott, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's gonna be your trouble.......you're gut is gonna get gutted, you're reflexes will react to the full on pressure that the Tigs bring causing any skill and belief you had to be consumed in a cloud of self doubt and disappointment.

Well you'd know, if there was a club that are experts in self doubt and disappointment it's Richmond

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
To think if R hadn't choked V the mighty Pies in 18 could be going for a 3 peat this year.

Ah well that's how the yellow and black cookie crumbles

Jun 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey Michaels

is this one of those lovey dovey nice banter threads likes the weagles one where we all are acutally just laughing at how much of a moron geelongs coach is?

Or one where we point out how irrelevant and how much of a minnow club our opponents are?

Hey Michaels

is this one of those lovey dovey nice banter threads likes the weagles one where we all are acutally just laughing at how much of a moron geelongs coach is?

Or one where we point out how irrelevant and how much of a minnow club our opponents are?

I'm not sure myself to be honest.

When i wrote it, it was more a shot at Chris Scott cause what he said was stupid.

but then i realised it doesn't really banter the lions.

I'm happy for people to play it either way :p

Pikuks

Debutant
Aug 19, 2019
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm not sure myself to be honest.

When i wrote it, it was more a shot at Chris Scott cause what he said was stupid.

but then i realised it doesn't really banter the lions.

I'm happy for people to play it either way :p
I'd say it has a feel of

The MCG and Richmond present no fear to Brisbane on the cusp of a decade of dominance

mixed with a bit of

You're not a real football club unless you have a 3-peat under your belt.

with a dash of

Chris Scott says stupid things.

But that's just my take.

CraigB

Team Captain
Aug 24, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
And your two clubs worth of history still doesn't have as many flags as we do

Technically its 3 clubs...the Roy boys, The Brisbane Bears and now the Lions. Which I think means they missed a perfect opportunity for sponsorship up there. Brisbane Lions proudly sponsored by TransLink.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

carnaroys08

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cowboys, Storm.
"I'll be sure to bump your dribble."

This sort of pick-up line is why I stay away from Queensland.
Oh, you know bumping dribble as a pick up line? You must go to some interesting places then. Get to Sydney often?

Technically its 3 clubs...the Roy boys, The Brisbane Bears and now the Lions. Which I think means they missed a perfect opportunity for sponsorship up there. Brisbane Lions proudly sponsored by TransLink.....
It's only two, right Roylion?

;)

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Couldn't agree more. Major stuff up by the AFL for your lot. No-one wants to be tested last round before the finals. A least they got it right for us.
Bring it on....our boys live for this stuff!

CraigB

Team Captain
Aug 24, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Crowd estimate updated to expecting 70k, Serious question has anyone at Brisbane ever played in front of such a big crowd with the exception of Hodge? or any other import from a Melbourne based club.

Did some research it appears the biggest crowd for Brisbane was the Collingwood game at the G with 48k in attendance, So certainly in the last maybe 10 years this will be the largest ever crowd Brisbane has seen.

Last edited:
Crowd estimate updated to expecting 70k, Serious question has anyone at Brisbane ever played in front of such a big crowd with the exception of Hodge? or any other import from a Melbourne based club.

Did some research it appears the biggest crowd for Brisbane was the Collingwood game at the G with 48k in attendance, So certainly in the last maybe 10 years this will be the largest ever crowd Brisbane has seen.
Banter aside, if it cracks 70k it will literally be the largest crowd the Lions have ever played in front of. The previous highest was only 61k against Collingwood in 2003, which predates all of them anyway - https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2003/041920030809.html.

This will be awesome for the guys as a team IMO.

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I'd say it has a feel of

The MCG and Richmond present no fear to Brisbane on the cusp of a decade of dominance

mixed with a bit of

You're not a real football club unless you have a 3-peat under your belt.

with a dash of

Chris Scott says stupid things.

But that's just my take.
We'll see!

Banter aside, if it cracks 70k it will literally be the largest crowd the Lions have ever played in front of. The previous highest was only 61k against Collingwood in 2003, which predates all of them anyway - https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2003/041920030809.html.

This will be awesome for the guys as a team IMO.
Hodge obviously had played in plenty, but so have Robbo and Bundy (shame about him missing). Neale and Stef and McCarthy and Lyons have all experienced once or twice.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Hodge obviously had played in plenty, but so have Robbo and Bundy (shame about him missing). Neale and Stef and McCarthy and Lyons have all experienced once or twice.
Pffft...we have that every ******* week.....just another game for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back