Prediction Brisbane Lions - They'll win a flag within 5 years

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Perfect storm for them this year. 2020 is their year.

A young team as hungry as anyone, smooth start to the year without a heap of disruption has banked some wins and momentum.

Their main contenders that they have struggled to beat in the recent past are struggling with form and injury.

Slightly shortened quarters/season doesn't inhibit them with a young side who might actually benefit from the reduced travel over the course of the year.

Crowds will be allowed at the Gabba so unlike several other teams they'll have a proper home ground advantage.

Even without all this, they would have been there abouts.

Should be pretty solid favourites at the moment.

I've been a Lions member for 5 years since moving here 6 years ago.

Their goalkicking is 55-56% during this time.

Until they fix this they won't win a final. Bloody frustrating!

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
That's my bold prediction. They've shown signs that they will emerge in the not to distant future. The GABBA will once again be a fortress and I think finals aren't out of the question next year. Certainly in two years I expect them to be featuring in September and by the year after they will be a force. 3 years to build and strengthen, gain momentum as well as experience and the next two after that, the Lions should have a prem.

The GABBA will once again by a nightmare for teams to play at, and it's already becoming very dicey as it is
Fair call although I suppose when you make hundreds of threads some have to come off.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
looking good if not this year, in the coming years. Made the call after a 5 and 17 win season. Lions surged in no time.

brilliant work Brizzy.
This is the chance they need to take. Gets exponentially harder for them once teams are back at home as usual and the GF is back at the MCG. That might be jarring to some but its the reality. This is their best chance, they won't play another season where its played in their own state with everyone in a hub.

Back