Status
Not open for further replies.

TheZork

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pitto, Gov, Casboult, McKay, De Koning. One of the tallest sides I've ever seen. Seems a bit silly. We should be able to run through them.

Answerth being managed solves the Ah Chee/Coleman debate for another week I guess.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I see Answerth's been managed. Whatever that means because he's only played 9 games all year. You couldn't compare what Ah Chee and Answerth bring imo , Ah Chee has become a reasonably important player for us.

Good to see Stef back. If he can find form we become so much more potent.

Athlonxp

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Good to see Martin back in the side 👍
I was hoping he would play this week so he had a match under his belt before finals.

A lot of competition for best 22 spots now - at the right time of year too 😃
Hopefully all the boys want to play out of their skins now because of that competition for spots.

I got tickets to go again tomorrow night as well - second game of the year for me! Woo Hoo!!

I see Answerth's been managed. Whatever that means because he's only played 9 games all year. You couldn't compare what Ah Chee and Answerth bring imo , Ah Chee has become a reasonably important player for us.

Good to see Stef back. If he can find form we become so much more potent.
Answerth might have just come up a little sore after 3 games in 9 days?

Last edited:
Carlton look very tall up forward. Presumably there'll be times when Casboult, McKay, De Konig and McGovern are together in the forwardline.

And it's not like Betts is super quick these days. I think they'll find it difficult to apply forward pressure if they're not able to consistently beat us in the air.

This will be a good test for our makeshift key defenders. They'll be put under some pressure. If they hold up okay I reckon we'll win fairly easily.

CEB1386B-7B84-42C7-9D7E-B159738B9451.png

Looking very strong, but I can’t imagine Payne will line up on Betts. Answerth was stiff, but freshening him up for finals is a smart move.

Yeah not convinced Payne isn’t best 22 in place of Lester.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If Payne can show that he can man up on shorter opponents if required than I am with you there.
He won’t get to test that out with Carltons tall forward line though.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would agree Lester has been solid but Payne will push him out if he keeps on improving. Think Lester will be back to being depth in 21 albeit very good depth

Big fan of both Lester & Birch but if Payne pushes out Lester in 2021 & Witho pushes out Birch then we become a better team. Hope it happens.

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not taking away from Lester he been good. You hope Payne grows to take his spot as he a pure defender
Lester been the man of many talents to fill holes. Been great down back this year

Yeah agree, not a slight on Ryan at all. Just believe we need two big bodies down there, Harris and either Adams or Payne. Dizzy playing third tall.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back