Game Day Brisbane Lions v Collingwood, Round 5 2019, April 18, 7.35pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Allen Christensen brings sweet f**k all to this side. I’ve officially decided now that I’m off him. Too slow. No spark. Would rather take a punt on cutler (obviously Bailey gets first look when available)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dodongo would prefer Christensen up forward. He is definitely not a defender but can be dangerous up forward if we change it around a bit.

I actually think a lot of this is going in with a side that’s too big and a bit slow. Bailey when fit, cox and Taylor should be looked at.
Also think Cutler is one I’d look at

Dodongo trusts and has complete faith in the selection committee. Cutler is on the verge of being traded or delisted unless he changes his attitude. That is fact
I think you're right, but the problem there is that we keep getting beatenon the outside not just because we're deficient in pace or defensive run, but because we lack damaging players there and we continue to overcommit at contests while players like Phillips who are hardly stars cut us up. Speaks poorly of Cutler that Bastinac who's never been an effective winger and never will be was brought in off the rookie list of course, but if we were serious we'd have known it wouldn't get us anywhere as well.
Also, Allen Christensen brings sweet f**k all to this side. I’ve officially decided now that I’m off him. Too slow. No spark. Would rather take a punt on cutler (obviously Bailey gets first look when available)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Probably one of our few classy players tonight and at least he's had a crack at some contests he was never going to win.

We started the night as outsiders so the loss is not the concern, but jeez the manner of the defeat....

Physically the slowest team in the league.
Mentally the slowest team in the league.
UNBELIEVABLY REACTIVE..
25 marks inside 50 for them.

Exposed.
Attention every other AFL team - there’s your blue print.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our perfomance last week against Essendon was very poor. Cannot see us beating Collingwood on that performance. We would need a big turnaround to beat them. I really hope I am wrong but we will be beaten by 50 to 60 points. No changes to the side beats me when you have 2 or 3 players out of form or not up to it.
With Robbo in, I reckon so.

Robbo18! Glad Nick is playing. Excited to see what he does with his opportunity!
I agree with this. Were the players instructed to not use the centre corridor? We missed Bastinac’s run today. The midfield got killed, despite Neale’s possession count. Essendon were slingshot rebounding out of their defence and turning it into goals while we played some ridiculous game around the flanks. We were slow l p.o.
Andrews ice on the hammy
In
Problems galore. Small forwards have ripped us apart for the third week in a row, we’ve been destroyed in the middle for the third week in a row and our kicks inside 50/forward options are a mess for the fifth week in a row. Not sure the improvement is as large as we hoped.
Keays and C Lyons

Embarrassing

- withers is a liability as a defender. Looks great seagulling cheap touches on the rebound but he can’t defend at all. Put him on the wing
- Robbo try’s hard but is not up to it unfortunately
- afl has passed bundy. If he plays again please keep him out of defense
- rich cracked in nicely and was honest in defense
- Andrews and walker are solid key backs to build around
- mids got spanked
-

We need to look at bigger bodies in the midfield. We have been killed in last two weeks and made to look slow and put defence under intense pressure with quick entries. Zorko has done nothing in the first 5 weeks. I know he tackles but we need more than that from him!!! Lyons has been poor, Mathieson not doing enough, Cameron has looked lost and lacking any confidence. McStay hasn't provided a contest. Christesen just isn't fast enough and Robbo struggles with the speed of the game.
Changes needed to shake things up but also need consistency. God I'm frustrated! lol. If you'd said we be 3-2 after 5 I would have been wrapped pre season.
Thinking time needed.

/shrug

Not sure what you find more enjoyable - venting about how bad a performance it was, which is obvious.....or finding what positives you can and seeing where that conversation can go.

Hurts so bad. Putrid performance for what could've started a genuine dynasty at the Gabba. I feel sorry for those who attended. Spare a thought for people like me who work with a long time mate who is a big pies supporter and a serial s**t stirrer.

Last edited:
We need to look at bigger bodies in the midfield. We have been killed in last two weeks and made to look slow and put defence under intense pressure with quick entries. Zorko has done nothing in the first 5 weeks. I know he tackles but we need more than that from him!!! Lyons has been poor, Mathieson not doing enough, Cameron has looked lost and lacking any confidence. McStay hasn't provided a contest. Christesen just isn't fast enough and Robbo struggles with the speed of the game.
Changes needed to shake things up but also need consistency. God I'm frustrated! lol. If you'd said we be 3-2 after 5 I would have been wrapped pre season.
Thinking time needed.

What bigger bodies? Beams out Neale & Lyons in.

/shrug

Not sure what you find more enjoyable - venting about how bad a performance it was, which is obvious.....or finding what positives you can and seeing where that conversation can go.
Well obviously we need some changes.

People seem to prefer slugs going around instead of someone who at least has some pace ans the potential to beak lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back