Game Day Brisbane Lions v Collingwood, Round 5 2019, April 18, 7.35pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Lets get this party started. The Lions of the North are coming, it will be a long dark night for the Magpie army from South of the wall.

We are the hunters the Pies are the hunted, let the Gabbatoir be great again.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO :D

I love this thread - I think it's probably my favourite weekly of the footy season, win/lose/draw.

You get ya LID OFF. A few SHARP DROPS. Some RUBBING THEIR NOSES IN IT. And at the end....who knows? Ecstasy? Joy? Disappointment? Emptiness?

It's like all your Christmas and Birthday pressies as a kid rolled into one bundle - EVERY WEEK!!

I got my scarf on. I got coffee brewing. I got music. And best of all.....I HAVE THE ANTICIPATION OF WATCHING THE MIGHTY LIONS CRUSH THE PIES :D

Pretty keen to get rid of this lid. Collingwood were pretty rubbish last round. Hopefully we can bring the intensity required to get on top through the middle.

To those expecting a very poor result - it's been a while since we've been beaten convincingly at the Gabba. The last round of 2017 against North would probably be the last time it happened. We've become pretty consistent with the level of effort we bring at home, and I'd be surprised if that dropped off tonight on this occasion.

I don't think we'll win, but I think it will be close.

The start of GAME DAY at the House of Sausages....

HULK SMASH on Twitter against monsters with 2 right wings.

JARVIS, CAN I GET YOU ANYTHING SIR? as I prepare coffee and music for myself.

DR STEPHEN STRANGE as I think about the implications of the philosophical infinite.

CAPTAIN AMERICA, WE DO IT AS A TEAM on LIONS Game Day Thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannot wait for tonight! Still haven’t worked out if I’m gonna park in Brisbane or get on public transport but we will see!

Public transport RU!

SING THE SONG OF CHAMPIONS TO RAISE THE SPIRITS OF OTHERS AROUND YOU ON THE WAY!! :D

To those expecting a very poor result - it's been a while since we've been beaten convincingly at the Gabba. The last round of 2017 against North would probably be the last time it happened. We've become pretty consistent with the level of effort we bring at home, and I'd be surprised if that dropped off tonight on this occasion.

I don't think we'll win, but I think it will be close.
As much as it hurts to say it, this Collingwood side have some serious talent, pretty much in all departments. I can see us putting up a fight for a fair part of the game and then the Pies running away with it. If Collingwood can keep their better players on the park I can see them winning the flag this year.

Cannot wait for tonight! Still haven’t worked out if I’m gonna park in Brisbane or get on public transport but we will see!

I shudder at the thought of being caught in easter traffic and missing a single moment of the game. Should be clear by 6.30ish but just in case we are aiming to get to a pub in the area at 5.30. The sacrifices we make for our team.

I take back what I said. My headache has returned after being at work for an hour.

Please let us win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back