Game Day Brisbane Lions v Collingwood, Round 5 2019, April 18, 7.35pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevoJenkins

The Weekend Worker
Sep 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
AFL
Definitely won't be getting this game next year.

Team was way too slow for the guys they were playing against, let down a huge crowd. Can't keep using this line up. It may have won three games, but something has happened to them since.

Don’t know if I was looking through Lions coloured glasses but some atrocious umpiring decisions. Don’t want to single anyone out, but McStay is really frustrating me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was there until three quarter time, can validate the bad umpire calls.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Hurts two bad. Putrid performance for what could've started a genuine dynasty at the Gabba. I feel sorry for those who attended. Spare a thought for people like me who with with a long time mate who is a big pies supporter and a serial s**t stirrer.

You have my deepest sympathy mate :)

Lucky you have beer! :p

TheMagician15

All Australian
Jul 28, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Man, the attack on Nick Robbo by some posters is ****ing disgusting. He has actually been one of our better players tonight - has impacted most contests and has been using the wall well at 86%. A lot of players have been putrid tonight but he is not one of them.

He wasn't horrendous today I agree. But he's not up to it anyway.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Everything thing that could have gone wrong, did. Cant summarise how disgraceful our application to the defensive side of our game has been. Something has gone seriously wrong psychologically within the group. Beams just swanning about. All of a sudden things look absolutley grim, we could be on the verge of another disarster stretch.

Goldcoast will smash us next week, 10 goals plus.

So sick of watching our players stand around not pressuring their opponents.

Anyone who can find anything to be upbeat about right now is kidding themselves.

Sep 16, 2016
I have no idea
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
Don’t know if I was looking through Lions coloured glasses but some atrocious umpiring decisions. Don’t want to single anyone out, but McStay is really frustrating me.

Was trying to be neutral (contempt for the pies took over) and there were some questionable moments. Not like it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Also WTF was up with that bloody ump (22 or 26) deciding to play for the pies briefly in the 1st?

TheMagician15

All Australian
Jul 28, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The coaching staff should get that tape of the Collingwood players having a laugh after that last goal and keep showing it to the players every time before they run out.

We need more pace in the team whatever anyone else thinks . Taylor and Cutler have to come in. Plenty of time to reset before the next game.

We were shown up tonight

Problem is Taylor isn't fast he just runs in circles

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Well obviously we need some changes.

People seem to prefer slugs going around instead of someone who at least has some pace ans the potential to beak lines

Yeah, I agree - happy to talk constructively about personnel, rather than read people spew forth vitriol over tonight's effort is the only thing I'll say.

We all watched the game, we know it was a train wreck - the trick is to find solutions, not castrate imo.

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides

Just not getting the delivery...Charlie, Linc, Cam and Hippy all look frustrated.

tate13

All Australian
Sep 5, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
A forward line of Elliot, Stephenson, Degooey etc and we go in with Walker, Gardiner, Andrews, Hodge etc?

The players will cop their rightful whack, but team selection wasn’t astute (putting it nicely)

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides
Well obviously we need some changes.

People seem to prefer slugs going around instead of someone who at least has some pace ans the potential to beak lines

What the team is missing is a line breaker....Once the ball gets turned over we lack the speed to get back...exposed so many times this week.

A forward line of Elliot, Stephenson, Degooey etc and we go in with Walker, Gardiner, Andrews, Hodge etc?

The players will cop their rightful whack, but team selection wasn’t astute (putting it nicely)

The midfield lost it for us, not the defenders.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah, I agree - happy to talk constructively about personnel, rather than read people spew forth vitriol over tonight's effort is the only thing I'll say.

We all watched the game, we know it was a train wreck - the trick is to find solutions, not castrate imo.
Agree.

Every time I put up an option the same people keep saying you can't play them for this or that reason.

Football teams have always operated on the competitive tension between players on the fringe of going out or coming in.

Three or four of our players have been pitiful the last couple of weeks and those on the fringe who are fit and in form need to be given a chance

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This whole.. 'I would have been wrapped with 3-2 at the start of the season' thing doesen't really work for me. We arn't a finals team so where we sit right now doesen't matter. id rather be 1 and 4 and to have played a dogged, passionate, proud.. style of footy. We came out brimmimg with energy (whilst largely ignoring defense) and we won some games. Since then, we have regressed to 'Leppa era' level of football. We are at code red levels of concern right now. Theres nothing good here right now.

8iCdW3XqOatXlJyuvV5_zj3V30w=.gif

Forgot it wasn't Friday so didn't realise my favourite Indian restaurant was already closed. I need to break something...

The Zork

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Daniel McStay.. put your hand up and tell Fages you need a spell in the 2s.
Come back when you actually want the pill.
I’d drop Lyons and Martin.
The whole midfield got their pants pulled down maybe except for mcluggage at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back