Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Cats by a little

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 58 72.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if its time to reassess the position that Robbo isnt the best player, that he is just a good battler. His form over the last couple of years has been pretty good. His aggression is fantastic, his numbers would be pretty impressive and he just keeps doing classy and freakish things, like his gather of a high bouncing ball today quickly followed a moment later by a one hand grab and then goal.
I just think he is actually becoming one of the better players in the comp. Not saying he is a Dangerfield or a Fyfe but I think he is a pretty valuable player.
I think he's definitely elevated his game out of sight. Infinitely better player at Brisbane than he was at Carlton, probably with more responsibility he's excelled in trying to show the young kids how to play tough football and that sheer effort can sometimes make things happen. Definitely a shining light recruit as you'd have gotten him for a bargain. Put it this way, if everyone else played with his endeavor at Brisbane they probably would have won a few more games this year.

Considering that Carlton finished dead last in 2015 and still had to travel 6 times this year with 3 games against top 8 teams, it doesn't really seem fair.

What I'm saying is, I think you'll find that 5-6 games outside Victoria is pretty standard for most Vic clubs every year.

A douche who does Mark Williams-like shotgun celebrations after kicking regulation goals in huge defeats, and has already gotten a reputation as being one of the biggest duckers in the league? No thanks.

Good young talent, but he'll be the sort of player opposition supporters love to boo for years to come.

Have you flicked the channel over to watch the Dogs go in dry on your club?

I wonder if its time to reassess the position that Robbo isnt the best player, that he is just a good battler. His form over the last couple of years has been pretty good. His aggression is fantastic, his numbers would be pretty impressive and he just keeps doing classy and freakish things, like his gather of a high bouncing ball today quickly followed a moment later by a one hand grab and then goal.
I just think he is actually becoming one of the better players in the comp. Not saying he is a Dangerfield or a Fyfe but I think he is a pretty valuable player.

I think he's definitely elevated his game out of sight. Infinitely better player at Brisbane than he was at Carlton, probably with more responsibility he's excelled in trying to show the young kids how to play tough football and that sheer effort can sometimes make things happen. Definitely a shining light recruit as you'd have gotten him for a bargain. Put it this way, if everyone else played with his endeavor at Brisbane they probably would have won a few more games this year.

I really think he's just an example of a good handy player being given a more prominent, regular role in a poorer side. There hasn't really been a significant shift or improvement in his abilities or output.

He's matured off the field, but he's really not that different on the field. Just gets more of a consistent run through the midfield in a lesser side than he did at Carlton (where he spent more time up forward than he does now), and has lower quality teammates, so appears to be more prominent. His overall impact and influence on the game isn't significantly greater as a Lion.

You started this exchange by saying Mathieson wouldnt be good enough for a club like yours. Looks like you could use someone like him today.
No I didn't. You said I'd inflict torture on my own body to have the privilege of having Sir Lord Beast Mode Mathieson on my team. Sorry, but I'm not that desperate for a overly cocky, albeit talented kid.

Maybe if he joins the likes of James Harmes in getting a Rising Star nomination this year, I'll re-consider.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really think he's just an example of a good handy player being given a more prominent, regular role in a poorer side. There hasn't really been a significant shift or improvement in his abilities or output.

He's matured off the field, but he's really not that different on the field. Just gets more of a consistent run through the midfield in a lesser side than he did at Carlton (where he spent more time up forward than he does now), and has lower quality teammates, so appears to be more prominent. His overall impact and influence on the game isn't significantly greater as a Lion.
Have to disagree with you there, his impact is noticeable, it's just never going to be as noticeable when you are on a side getting thumped every week.

No I didn't. You said I'd inflict torture on my own body to have the privilege of having Sir Lord Beast Mode Mathieson on my team. Sorry, but I'm not that desperate for a overly cocky, albeit talented kid.

Maybe if he joins the likes of James Harmes in getting a Rising Star nomination this year, I'll re-consider.

What is wrong with cockiness? Would you rather all players have no personality?

Robinson is such a lowbrow,
eat%20like%20a%20caveman.jpg
sure he, Leppitch & Matthews have plenty of man love sessions.

Regardless of the culture being instilled in the young talent, you have way more issues than inferior facilities.

Rhys (Hollywood) Mathieson might make a player, too bad he drops the head as soon as he sees anyone coming, hope he's learned plenty from playing on men today. If he wants to know about copping the tough stuff and still being a contributor he may want to talk to Linc McCarthy.

Have to disagree with you there, his impact is noticeable, it's just never going to be as noticeable when you are on a side getting thumped every week.

I'm not saying his impact isn't noticeable, just saying he's not really any better or different as a player than he was at Carlton. He's just getting more midfield time and standing out more compared to lesser teammates.

Back