Game Day Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants - Semi Finals - Sat 14 Sep, 7:25PM AEST, Gabba. No umpire complaints until after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

And Sydney's West is going wild!!!

7hlx4tb.jpg
Yet still put up more of a fight than your mob.

Everyone laughing at us.

We were a bottom 4 club for how long, this was a bloody amazing season. 3 points away from a Prelim against a team with what, 4 years straight finals experience?

Bloody proud of my club, boys, which a lot of them are, gave everything. A throw in the end got them the win but we wasted chances.

Bring on the next few years with this team.
Favourite side to watch play this year was Brisbane and it wasn't even close.
Your side plays the way I wish most sides would, fast flowing football.
Have got some really good young players and are set up for a period of sustained success which will be a pleasure to watch.

Not 50/50 at all. This was a gruelling match. Pies had a rest and are fresh for next week.

Pies will demolish them. The MCG factor makes it more certain.

Team with the break has lost the prelim a few times. Richmond last year, GWS and Geelong in 2016. Sometimes a tough match is just what you need, having the momentum etc. Sometimes the break can be detrimental to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is that people seem to love complaining and being the victim so much that they almost hope the umpiring is crap just so they can complain.

You'll never see so much hysterical whinging as there are in bigfooty threads over tiny umpiring decisions.

Yeah nah.
What people want is for umpires to pay the most obvious free kicks and let the tight touch free go.

Why is that so bloody hard?

See 2 players grappling, let them go, don’t pluck out a soft holding free that could go to either player.

Leave the whistle blowing to the most obvious free kicks only and let the game flow

Team with the break has lost the prelim a few times. Richmond last year, GWS and Geelong in 2016. Sometimes a tough match is just what you need, having the momentum etc. Sometimes the break can be detrimental to you.

Who’s to say Richmond won’t lose to Geelong then?

I feel it is irrelevant this year. Pies and Tigers will be the Grand Finalists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back