Game Day Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants - Semi Finals - Sat 14 Sep, 7:25PM AEST, Gabba. No umpire complaints until after the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
GWS will beat the Pies and then shat the bed against the Tiggers

As for the Lions, they are will fall back in 2020 to where realistically deserve to be 6-10 mid ladder range
I'm predicting 4-6 for them. If they can get more experience, especially in tough games, it would still be a step forward.

Banyo Bloods

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Disgraceful! how do three umpires miss this when the stakes are so high! blatantly cheating!

One of Brisbane's last goals was a hand off not a handball so swings and roundabouts

Looks like I was beaten to the punch anyway above. I knew Brisbane would lose as soon as Hipwood and Raynor did smell the cheese celebrating their goal. Mind not on the job. Frustrating to watch.

giggler99

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory, Napoli, Liverpool, Pens
One of Brisbane's last goals was a hand off not a handball so swings and roundabouts

Looks like I was beaten to the punch anyway above. I knew Brisbane would lose as soon as Hipwood and Raynor did smell the cheese celebrating their goal. Mind not on the job. Frustrating to watch.
I just hate how Umpires can miss such obvious throws, how is it that it keeps creeping in the game? I mean neither of the two above where in congested packs. is it there positioning? are they really that blind and stupid?

Credit2thaB0is

Senior List
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I just hate how Umpires can miss such obvious throws, how is it that it keeps creeping in the game? I mean neither of the two above where in congested packs. is it there positioning? are they really that blind and stupid?
It’s the positioning but that’s hardly the umpires’ fault. They can’t cover every angle when it’s 3 of them at ground level. The cameras with the higher viewing angle and from multiple vantage points have a better view than the umps generally though sometimes the umps are in a sweet position better than anyone.

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
Because the AFL hierarchy have told the umpires to let the game flow
As long as you are attempting to get rid of the ball, it doesn't matter
If you actually handball it or not,,, sucks I know, but that's how
The AFL role

Banyo Bloods

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Was a comical night of umpiring. I wouldn't really say any bias but enough for both sides to feel hard done by at various times. Seemed over officiated to me.

Top Bottom