Game Day Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants - Semi Finals - Sat 14 Sep, 7:25PM AEST, Gabba. No umpire complaints until after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane dominated the whole last quarter. Should have been three or four goals in front by the time GWS kicked that last one. So disappointed for them. The bombing into the forward 50 every time wasn’t working.

Cameron Rayner is one of the best upcoming talents in the game (maybe the best). But there is absolutely no doubt that right now, he’s a massive choke. Dropped multiple critical marks and misses ANYTHING except the most under pressure goals.

No doubt he’ll improve and learn, but every time he had a chance to put his stamp on the game, he stuffed it up.

(He did kick that snap goal, but like I said, he only kicks the high pressure around him goals. As soon as he’s got space for a kick or a mark, he fluffs it)
2 things

44 guys busting their guts out and you single out a kid :thumbsdown:

you go for the dees :tongueout::tongueout::tongueout::tongueout:

I would give more credit to the Giants’ defence holding up that many times but at some point you’d think the Lions needed to take the risk.
Agree mate. Speaking purely in regards to what Brisbane were doing wrong rather than what GWS were doing right. GWS defence was outstanding and I take nothing away from them. However like you said, at some point Brisbane should have taken the risk, and that's why I think it's where Brisbane lost it.

I agree they are nothing like Melbourne. Melbourne have a list full of overrated plodders, and GWS have a list of full of guns. Melbourne were very ordinary for most of last year. Melbourne had beaten none of the eventual top 8 sides until round 22, then got on a roll with some decent wins at the end of the season, so Melbourne and GWS similar from the point of view of chalking up some good wins during the pointy end of the season. Hopefully GWS do better than Melbourne did in their prelim. Much better team than Melbourne, so can certainly win. GWS have the talent to win if they bring the intensity they did against dogs last week.

Yeah draw aside you have to be decent to finish 2nd, nearly top. But they were the greenest top 2 side I can remember, so finals were always gonna be another matter. Can only get better from now you'd think. Even if they finish say 4th with a tougher draw, they should be more experienced and finals ready next year.

Disgraceful! how do three umpires miss this when the stakes are so high! blatantly cheating!

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions just didn’t want it enough. In two minds between another two bone-crunching finals games or party time with Hodgey.

GWS will beat the Pies and then shat the bed against the Tiggers

As for the Lions, they are will fall back in 2020 to where realistically deserve to be 6-10 mid ladder range

I'm predicting 4-6 for them. If they can get more experience, especially in tough games, it would still be a step forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back