Game Day Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants - Semi Finals - Sat 14 Sep, 7:25PM AEST, Gabba. No umpire complaints until after the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Blatent throw , after all the kicks given how could that be missed by 3 umpires when it determined the result ?
It's a disgrace and it smells
Take a look at the Hipwood goal and explain how that was a “legal” disposal.

Take a look at the Christiansen goal that put them in front and tell me how that was a free kick?

Take a look at their first goal.... oh wait you can’t, it was so far away from where the ball was (and where the ball was going) that no camera managed to see it.

It didn’t “determine” the game at all. Not even close.

afl genius

Club Legend
May 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers
So am I right? The resting QF winners now meet the two sides who beat the living suitcases out of them H&A? Perfect setup.

No idea who should be faves but cats the side to beat all year.

At least the Pies will know that GWS doesnt switch to the fat side, like ever, went long down the line 20x in a row that last Q.
Pretty clear Tigers are red hot favorites for the flag. Pies the likely opponent

JoeHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2008
Templestowe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What lost the game was Brisbane’s inability to find a forward. Repeated forward entries just kept going to a GWS defender. They totally blew their chances with dumb football....and once again inaccuracy.

irish

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2002
hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NHFC demons & SH/SB sharks
Take a look at the Hipwood goal and explain how that was a “legal” disposal.

Take a look at the Christiansen goal that put them in front and tell me how that was a free kick?

Take a look at their first goal.... oh wait you can’t, it was so far away from where the ball was (and where the ball was going) that no camera managed to see it.

It didn’t “determine” the game at all. Not even close.
So says one of the 10 ex rugby GWS supporters ! Wtf would you know ? Yes I can reel off easy dozen GWS gifts if you like but fact is your last goal the one that determined the result was a fact . End of story

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
So says one of the 10 ex rugby GWS supporters ! Wtf would you know ? Yes I can reel off easy dozen GWS gifts if you like but fact is your last goal the one that determined the result was a fact . End of story
Take to loss on the chin, not like a whinging bitch.

Brisbane's awful F50 entries flushed the game down the toilet, blame the coach and players.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
The last goal did not determine the result because without the 11 before it, it would have counted for nothing. Same as the Hipwood goal - without the other 10 you wouldn’t even be close.

BTW, I’m not an ex-rugby supporter at all. I’m a current rugby supporter (though the season is over). I’m also a current rugby league supporter. What on earth gave you the impression I was an ex-anything?

Your ignorance is only dwarfed by your saltiness.

You lost with the umpires in your pocket for most of the game. Deal with it and move on.

RU_

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Aug 6, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The last goal did not determine the result because without the 11 before it, it would have counted for nothing. Same as the Hipwood goal - without the other 10 you wouldn’t even be close.

BTW, I’m not an ex-rugby supporter at all. I’m a current rugby supporter (though the season is over). I’m also a current rugby league supporter. What on earth gave you the impression I was an ex-anything?

Your ignorance is only dwarfed by your saltiness.

You lost with the umpires in your pocket for most of the game. Deal with it and move on.
I’m going to come out here and say we shot ourselves in the foot with our accuracy, fair play.

To say we had the umpires in our pocket for most of the game is a joke and you know it, you’re in the minority for that thought as well which shows you’re looking through orange glasses.

Good luck for next week but tonight’s winner was just walking into a Collingwood thrashing anyway.

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
Do they umpires see the game in slow motion do they? And are they up on cherry pickers looking down at the perfect angle?

Everyone is 100% certain when slow motion is played from the most conclusive angle.
Those who constantly whinge about umpires are implying that they are cheats. What a preposterous notion to peddle about professional athletes who take such pride in their work. Why would they bother?

Blackas87

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2011
Kwan-li-so
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Orlando magic
You can’t say one incident determined the game. How about Brisbane letting GWS kick the first 4 goals of the game, how about Brisbane having 9 disposals inside 50 from 15 inside 50 entries during the last qtr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balony_pony16

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Umpiring was crap but as a team you can only worry about what you can control.

Lions stuff it with poor inside 50s, and one act that actually cost the game.... withers completely giving up on the chase allowing Daniels to stroll inside 50 and kick a goal under no pressure

bullish23

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2002
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
As s neutral umpiring was horrible both ways. First half gws could do no wrong. But geez in the second it was like they deliberately went out of their way to even it up towards the lions.

And then the howlers, the 2x throws that led to matching leading goals and the farcical warning for tapping CC’s arm

Top Bottom