Game Day Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants - Semi Finals - Sat 14 Sep, 7:25PM AEST, Gabba. No umpire complaints until after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

I must be the only person that likes Toby Green, blokes an absolute gun, gws to bear pies next week and I give Geelong a strong chance against Richmond

You didn’t mind the assaulting of a bouncer? Good footballer though.

So the difference is the afl letting Greene play for gouging someones face. This comp is such a farce.

As long as they can whip the Pies who Bradbury-ed their way into a PF I'm cool, lol jk.

Then again a Pies Tiges GF would be good value. A Victorian shitfight. Only problem is one of those teams will win - though seeing either fanbase sook it up would compensate.

I predicted Brisbane straight sets a while back but didn’t voice the speculation cos I thought it was harsh - hopefully they can bounce back next year, on paper they’ll only get better - but they’re a young team and who knows how they’ll go.
How much did you win at the TAB with the bet

Really? After years of hard times and being down the bottom I think it's great they show their appreciation to the team that has brought them back to relevance and thank them for what has been a pretty bloody good season to watch. Nothing strange about it.
By Lions chanting when they’ve lost by a few points? Seems a little bizarre when you’ve just lost.

I see GWS as the Melbourne of this year. Will rollover at a packed MCG.

They're the anti Melbourne. Were ordinary most of the year but coming into form, getting players back.

Either way I think Richmond have gotta be the shortest priced favourites since the 2015 Hawks. Better than in 2018.

I know Brisbane fans are proud and have a right to be; but you just got eliminated in straight sets against 2 interstate teams at home. That is not something to be proud of.

If you look at the performances you can't not admire their pressure and intent. Have the raw talent etc, just need time and experience. Couldn't see em winning it all this year.

They're the anti Melbourne. Were ordinary most of the year but coming into form, getting players back.

Either way I think Richmond have gotta be the shortest priced favourites since the 2015 Hawks. Better than in 2018.

You could say that about the Bulldogs as well but look what happened to them... nothing different.

I don’t know about Richmond. Geelong could beat them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greene isn't gonna stop until he gouges an eye out.
Would be interesting to compare the footage with Bont last week, and the footage with Neale this week. Possibly not as sustained on the face as on Bont, but interesting after what happened last week. He has this “habit” of sticking the hands in, looking up to see where the ump is, and going back in for more.

Would be interesting to compare the footage with Bont last week, and the footage with Neale this week. Possibly not as sustained on the face as on Bont, but interesting after what happened last week. He has this “habit” of sticking the hands in, looking up to see where the ump is, and going back in for more.

Nothin' to see here folks...

You didn’t mind the assaulting of a bouncer? Good footballer though.

That has got nothing to do with his footy career.

Anyhow if Dane Swan can be forgiven for a very a similar crime all those years, why not Toby ?

The double standards really **** me.

I know Brisbane fans are proud and have a right to be; but you just got eliminated in straight sets against 2 interstate teams at home. That is not something to be proud of.

yeah but from where they have come from its a massive pass mark, I'm sure there are better heads around Brisbane than to drink there own bath water like Melbourne did

You could say that about the Bulldogs as well but look what happened to them... nothing different.

I don’t know about Richmond. Geelong could beat them.

I think the break may actually go against the Pies - but we'll find out on Sat. They have a lot of forward options but DeGoey out is big. Unless they move someone forward their forward line is so short.

Richmond GWS granny with Richmond winning comfortably is my prediction. A Pies Tigers granny would be great as a spectacle, so not overly fussed who faces off. Ideally neither Richmond or Collingwood win it, but not getting hopes up.

and poor old Harris Andrews played like myself when I walk home on a friday night after 1000 beers. What a time to play your worst game of your career.

He's really not that good when forced to play a one-on-one game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back