Game Day Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants - Semi Finals - Sat 14 Sep, 7:25PM AEST, Gabba. No umpire complaints until after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgraceful! how do three umpires miss this when the stakes are so high! blatantly cheating!

giphy.gif
One of Brisbane's last goals was a hand off not a handball so swings and roundabouts

Looks like I was beaten to the punch anyway above. I knew Brisbane would lose as soon as Hipwood and Raynor did smell the cheese celebrating their goal. Mind not on the job. Frustrating to watch.

One of Brisbane's last goals was a hand off not a handball so swings and roundabouts

Looks like I was beaten to the punch anyway above. I knew Brisbane would lose as soon as Hipwood and Raynor did smell the cheese celebrating their goal. Mind not on the job. Frustrating to watch.

I just hate how Umpires can miss such obvious throws, how is it that it keeps creeping in the game? I mean neither of the two above where in congested packs. is it there positioning? are they really that blind and stupid?

I just hate how Umpires can miss such obvious throws, how is it that it keeps creeping in the game? I mean neither of the two above where in congested packs. is it there positioning? are they really that blind and stupid?
It’s the positioning but that’s hardly the umpires’ fault. They can’t cover every angle when it’s 3 of them at ground level. The cameras with the higher viewing angle and from multiple vantage points have a better view than the umps generally though sometimes the umps are in a sweet position better than anyone.

Because the AFL hierarchy have told the umpires to let the game flow
As long as you are attempting to get rid of the ball, it doesn't matter
If you actually handball it or not,,, sucks I know, but that's how
The AFL role

Was a comical night of umpiring. I wouldn't really say any bias but enough for both sides to feel hard done by at various times. Seemed over officiated to me.

Cameron Rayner is one of the best upcoming talents...

What makes you think he's such a great talent? I'm not down on him exactly, I just don't get the near universal love... Every vanilla forward will hit that kind of snap 20% of the time. He seems to miss his share of easy set-shot and fumbles more than his share of marks. Maybe he will develop down the track, but as of now he doesnt deserve the acclaim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still have decent improvement scope though to make up for the harder draw. If Hodge retires, it will be interesting to see how they go without his leadership. They brought him in for a reason, and while he'll have been teaching for 2 years now, some of what he offers you can't teach and it will be missed. We've certainly missed it at Hawthorn.
First thing I thought after the game was it will be interesting to see how they go without Hodge. I wonder if they may now target another experienced leader? (Obviously won’t be of Hodges caliber though).

"I know Brisbane fans are proud and have a right to be; but you just got eliminated in straight sets against 2 interstate teams at home. That is not something to be proud of."

WHAT??????????????

15th last year.
I've seen 13 wins in the previous 3 years combined.
To win 16 this year was epic.

Hopefully they'll go up another level in 2020.

Collingwood supporters you should be proud of those 25+ grand final losses but it's not something to be proud of. TRULY

First thing I thought after the game was it will be interesting to see how they go without Hodge. I wonder if they may now target another experienced leader? (Obviously won’t be of Hodges caliber though).

If they are not close to Hodge's calibre then you'd have to ask if it is worth taking up the development spot of another young player. Hodge situation was fairly unique. There are probably only a very small handful of players who can offer that level of leadership, and then they have to be available. Hawthorn let him go with good football still to play because they wanted to regenerate (and probably underestimated how much Hodge's footy smarts would allow him to get out of himself over the last two years). Unless they get lucky with a similar player, I reckon they'll be more likely to trust the extra maturity their players have gathered since Hodge arrived, and fill his spot from amongst the current group.

So am I right? The resting QF winners now meet the two sides who beat the living suitcases out of them H&A? Perfect setup.

No idea who should be faves but cats the side to beat all year.

At least the Pies will know that GWS doesnt switch to the fat side, like ever, went long down the line 20x in a row that last Q.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back