Preview Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants @ the Gabba, Saturday 29 May 2021, 2:10 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

Whispers around that Madden will be given a run-with/tagging role tomorrow afternoon.

No doubt on his pace but I've wondered about his tank. We'll find out tomorrow. Tagging Whitfield may be a great opportunity for Madden. He'll learn a thing or two and can burn him while rebounding.

This is such a funny statement:

Greater Western Sydney were forced to turn back from their Sydney Airport flight to Queensland to play Brisbane on Saturday after being denied permission by Queensland health authorities.
But the Giants will be granted permission to fly to Brisbane tomorrow for the 2.10pm game because 14 days has elapsed since they played Richmond in Melbourne.

The Herald Sun understands the Giants were assessed as a “dirty” team given they had played the Tigers within a fortnight.

We played Richmond 7 days ago!

I'm pretty certain it would be because GWS played in Melbourne, whereas we played in Brisbane.

But I love the optics of Richmond being a dirty team, contaminating everything they touch.

If the flights delayed they should just delay our game. Carlton flew out early. Swap it for their game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should win this by 4-6 goals, similar to the last few games. However, if we are not switched on all game, especially in the midfield, this will turn into a scrappy and dangerous game. I have been impressed with the Giants over the last few weeks.

If the flights delayed they should just delay our game. Carlton flew out early. Swap it for their game

That would be ****ed.*

*I can't make a later game and am being selfish

We should win this by 4-6 goals, similar to the last few games. However, if we are not switched on all game, especially in the midfield, this will turn into a scrappy and dangerous game. I have been impressed with the Giants over the last few weeks.
Yes we SHOULD win, especially if we are a club contesting for the Premiership, this year again like we have been for the past 2-3 years now.

However, recent history has told us that we have not beaten the Giants at the GABBA since 2013, which is surprising to say the least that's it been so long we have beaten them at our ground, even though we have beaten them in Sydney a couple times under Fages coaching reign (2019 & 2020).

Another challenge for the boys this week and should be an entertaining match for both teams tomorrow (if it occurs), but we need to play to our system again WELL like the past 5-6 weeks have been otherwise I can see us losing unexpectedly similar to Swans match in Round 1, this year.

You'd think Giants would be asking for the game to be moved to Sunday or at least Saturday night.
And likewise Brisbane would be pushing to keep the current starting time as were scheduled for a Friday night game next week and would want as much time for recovery as possible

Gotta feel a bit for the Giants, far from ideal game prep. Surely should have been allowed to board this afternoon

And likewise Brisbane would be pushing to keep the current starting time as were scheduled for a Friday night game next week and would want as much time for recovery as possible

Gotta feel a bit for the Giants, far from ideal game prep. Surely should have been allowed to board this afternoon
Teams were flying in and out on the same day last year at times.
So shouldn’t be too much of an inconvenience really.

Teams were flying in and out on the same day last year at times.
So shouldn’t be too much of an inconvenience really.
That's true, but given the early-ish start time it isn't the best. Good thing it's a quick flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back