THE_GUN

Keep trying ...... SON
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Brisbane folk, give up please.

Richmond supporters unfortunately cannot see or hear anything that doesn't say their team is the best in the competition, and by a long way.

There was so much commentary last season about Collingwood matching up well against Richmond, despite the final margin in both of their home and away matches blowing out for various reasons.

We copped #injurieslol and #sobrave, which in the end was extremely funny given how their 2018 season turned out for them.

They have had a lot go right for them these past few weeks and I for one am looking forward to seeing them put back in their box, because they are far from the invincible force that many of their deluded supporters think they are.

They are a 1 in 4 chance to win the flag this year, no more no less.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Can you name the 4 teams !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Checkered

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dockers & Eagles
I agree with what you’re saying, but I think Richmond won the battle on the two ends. Brisbane dominated the midfield in the first quarter, which is what led to their constant repeat inside 50s because we struggled to get it into our forward 50. Our defence and forward line were superb though. In the first quarter we scored a goal from 50% of our inside 50s whereas Brisbane managed 4 from 23 due to players like Grimes intercepting.

The second quarter was the real wasted quarter for Brisbane. They had 4 relatively simple shots at goal that they missed. I was surprised that we were not only leading, but leading by 11 points. Players like Cameron missed shots they would normally get.

After half time though it was just an avalanche of goals from Richmond. The moment Dustin Martin scored the first goal of the third quarter I had a feeling the game was over. It’s like you could see the Brisbane players’ heads drop and then go through the motions from there on.

I think this experience probably benefitted them more than what a narrow win for example would have. Conceding 18 goals and only 4 behinds in a final is an extreme example of what can happen, meaning that they’ll probably make sure their own accuracy is in check for the remaining games.
Yeah this is bang on. You guys had a very hard time getting it out, but when you did, you got it right a lot of the time and rendered our defenders helpless with quick and smart ball movement.

After half time yeah I think it would have been the second goal you scored where I realised that they'd dropped their heads and that this well might be over. You're right too in that it should be very beneficial for us in both showing that our best is good enough and also what the best teams can do to you in a matter of minutes if you don't take your chances/drop your head/go at anything less than 100%. I think we learnt plenty from the last match, and it showed at the start, but it all means nothing without putting it on the scoreboard.

Checkered

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dockers & Eagles
The moment someone mentions grammar or spelling etc they have been smashed in the argument. If you relax for a moment and take note of what you're saying you will realise that when a team loses by 8 goals forget everything else stats, shots on goal there is no argument. You lions fans crack me up that you can't fathom what tiger fans are saying. First it was RD 23 hearing all the crap that you learnt this and that blah blah blah but hey tigers didnt learn anything from that game to improve. Well, we did and the end result was more on your home deck.

Lollllll relax im very relaxed do you notice how condescending you're in your posts but thats ok if my team lost by 8 goals and likely straight sets out i would feel nervous like you
Nah the moment someone demonstrates that they don't know the difference between your and you're is when it's really hammered home that you may as well be debating with a stack of bricks. Still talking about the second half blowout as if that has anything to do with anything I've said at any stage ITT.

gg

Ocker

🏆Premiershipmond🏆
May 20, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Nah the moment someone demonstrates that they don't know the difference between your and you're is when it's really hammered home that you may as well be debating with a stack of bricks. Still talking about the second half blowout as if that has anything to do with anything I've said at any stage ITT.

gg
Bears lost by 8 goals mate...time to move on.

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
As long as Dusty stays fit, we can go all the way.

That’s the only reason we fell over last year, Dusty was on one leg, and of course Astbury spent the night before the game in hospital on a drip.

As with all clubs, the injury gods will have a say on whether we win the flag

AstuteTiger

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Lol your posting is comical. That's why i took you to task and pulled your post apart and you weren't able to articulate yourself with any real meaning.
You go round in circles reiterating the same shit. By the way, this is a footy forum, not the library champ. Don't take it so serious.

You harped on that you were clearly the better side in the first half which you weren't, funnily enough, i said you were the better team in the first qtr and had moments in the 2nd qtr. It's bemusing how you came to the comclusion that you were the better team in the 2nd qtr when the lions were held goalless and Richmond had 7 shots (4 goals and 3 behinds).

The Tigers turned a 2 goal deficit into a 2 goal lead at half time so for the umpteenth time after the first qtr, you were comprehensively outplayed that's it, enough with your missed shots bullshit that's footy.

The game is spoken about as a whole not to suit ur own narrative. You come across totally incapable of a meaningful discussion but that's fine mate we don't take things to serious on big footy. Now jog on little man I'm done with you!

Last edited:

THE_GUN

Keep trying ...... SON
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

gg
FMD !! What did you think when you signed up to a footy forum ? Did you think you would be debating with english teachers or people who have watched football all their lives and eat,read,watch and sh!t football. Sh!ts me people like you who have no comeback with regards to football knowledge and resort to grammar,spelling or punctuation comments.

Now if you cant understand what people write in the way they do then either don't comment or go and talk to your english teacher about football

Checkered

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dockers & Eagles
Lol your posting is comical. That's why i took you to task and pulled your post apart and you weren't able to articulate yourself with any real meaning.
You go round in circles reiterating the same s**t. By the way, this is a footy forum, not the library champ. Don't take it so serious.

You harped on that you were clearly the better side in the first half which you weren't, funnily enough, i said you were the better team in the first qtr and had moments in the 2nd qtr. It's bemusing how you came to the comclusion that you were the better team in the 2nd qtr when the lions were held goalless and Richmond had 7 shots (4 goals and 3 behinds).

The Tigers turned a 2 goal deficit into a 2 goal lead at half time so for the umpteenth time after the first qtr, you were comprehensively outplayed that's it, enough with your missed shots bulls**t that's footy.

The game is spoken about as a whole not to suit ur own narrative. You come across totally incapable of a meaningful discussion but that's fine mate we don't take things to serious on big footy. Now jog on little man I'm done with you!
Hehe yeah except the only reason this conversation was a thing was cause a hindsight hero quoted my only post ITT. That was the only thing I was ever discussing.

I'd point out the irony of your username but I get the feeling you're the type of bloke that can't tell the difference between irony and coincidence

Fadge

Premiership Player
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Considering that the 2 teams still need to win then there are really still 6 teams ................... Is that what you meant ????
No, it's not what I meant.

Collingwood and Richmond are already in the final 4. Two other teams will join us.

That is why both Collingwood and Richmond are a one in 4 chance.

The four other teams - Brisbane, GWS, West Coast and Geelong are all a 1 in 8 chance.

It is pretty basic mathematics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roacheee

🐯⏰🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Brisbane folk, give up please.

Richmond supporters unfortunately cannot see or hear anything that doesn't say their team is the best in the competition, and by a long way.

There was so much commentary last season about Collingwood matching up well against Richmond, despite the final margin in both of their home and away matches blowing out for various reasons.

We copped #injurieslol and #sobrave, which in the end was extremely funny given how their 2018 season turned out for them.

They have had a lot go right for them these past few weeks and I for one am looking forward to seeing them put back in their box, because they are far from the invincible force that many of their deluded supporters think they are.

They are a 1 in 4 chance to win the flag this year, no more no less.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
#pieshaveinjurieslol ....in the end was extremely funny given how your 2018 season turned out for you.....

one thing you black n white flogs never heard from us is
'ohhhh but we were the better side in the 2nd half of the prelim'

AstuteTiger

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hehe yeah except the only reason this conversation was a thing was cause a hindsight hero quoted my only post ITT. That was the only thing I was ever discussing.

I'd point out the irony of your username but I get the feeling you're the type of bloke that can't tell the difference between irony and coincidence
Please don't try and pretend to be smart, no one's buying it. I think your posts depict who you're so let's leave it there on that front. Been on bigfooty for about 12 years and i have never come across a softie like you, seriously harden up princess!

Heads up forget grammar, forget your spelling bee club we come on bigfooty to talk shop (you know talking footy). Anything goes don't take it to serious if you are having issues with comprehension i suggest you get back to the books!

AstuteTiger

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
FMD !! What did you think when you signed up to a footy forum ? Did you think you would be debating with english teachers or people who have watched football all their lives and eat,read,watch and sh!t football. Sh!ts me people like you who have no comeback with regards to football knowledge and resort to grammar,spelling or punctuation comments.

Now if you cant understand what people write in the way they do then either don't comment or go and talk to your english teacher about football
Little checkered man is beyond help GUN, i was thinking the same thing if he's worried more about 'your or you're' then he has some serious issues going on.
Exactly, if you saw his replies you would notice a total lack of football knowledge 'zero substance' hence why he retorts to trying to demean me in grammar LOL
I'll just stick to pure footy talk with an abundance of knowledge and good ol Checkered can stick to the English dictionary :rolleyes:

THE_GUN

Keep trying ...... SON
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Little checkered man is beyond help GUN, i was thinking the same thing if he's worried more about 'your or you're' then he has some serious issues going on.
Exactly, if you saw his replies you would notice a total lack of football knowledge 'zero substance' hence why he retorts to trying to demean me in grammar LOL
I'll just stick to pure footy talk with an abundance of knowledge and good ol Checkered can stick to the English dictionary :rolleyes:
I try not to read them as i would then have to reply to his posts, I will need to enrol in high school to learn grammar and spelling and by some mistake i put the coma in the wrong spot he may get me banned. Not that anybody here cares about football but only correct spelling.

Checkered

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dockers & Eagles
I try not to read them as i would then have to reply to his posts, I will need to enrol in high school to learn grammar and spelling and by some mistake i put the coma in the wrong spot he may get me banned. Not that anybody here cares about football but only correct spelling.
You spelt comma wrong lmao

Isntrue

Premium Gold
Aug 3, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Pies should win flag from here with there soft finals run only gotta beat giants or lions were tigers have the hard run it's going to be a repeat of last year

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Yep, the better side who didn't take their chances and ended up behind as a result of it. This isn't a hard concept.
I would have thought kicking the ball between the two big sticks is an important factor of being better.

This is often the defining factor in a lot of games, the team that takes their chances wins.

hyperfuzz

All Australian
Dec 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heart

gg
dustin martin definitely doesn't know the difference between your and you're... and yet... :moustache:

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
You're doing it on purpose now aren't you? 😂😂🤣

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Pies should win flag from here with there soft finals run only gotta beat giants or lions were tigers have the hard run it's going to be a repeat of last year
You know what, I was a bit worried about them having a softer game at first but after thinking about it, I'm not, because if we have the tougher game and if we are able to win it, we'll be more battle hardened!

O_Grinners17

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
No, it's not what I meant.

Collingwood and Richmond are already in the final 4. Two other teams will join us.

That is why both Collingwood and Richmond are a one in 4 chance.

The four other teams - Brisbane, GWS, West Coast and Geelong are all a 1 in 8 chance.

It is pretty basic mathematics.
I'll give you basic mathematics:

\displaystyle J(x) = Li(x) + \sum_{\rho} Li(x^\rho) - \log 2 + \int_{x}^\infty \frac{dt}{t(t^2 - 1)\log t}

= Collingwood fans are nuffies

Top Bottom