• Poll closed .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fadge

Premiership Player
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pfft. That's a prime example of why Collingwood fans still have the intellectual edge over their Richmond brothers and sisters.
Yes, judging by the responses, it appears the Richmond nuffies still don't understand the rationale of Richmond being a one in 4 chance of winning the flag, despite there still being six teams left in the race...

Sterge

Jun 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avs/Pats/Chelsea
Brisbane folk, give up please.

Richmond supporters unfortunately cannot see or hear anything that doesn't say their team is the best in the competition, and by a long way.

There was so much commentary last season about Collingwood matching up well against Richmond, despite the final margin in both of their home and away matches blowing out for various reasons.

We copped #injurieslol and #sobrave, which in the end was extremely funny given how their 2018 season turned out for them.

They have had a lot go right for them these past few weeks and I for one am looking forward to seeing them put back in their box, because they are far from the invincible force that many of their deluded supporters think they are.

They are a 1 in 4 chance to win the flag this year, no more no less.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
I think you'll find outside of bigfooty nuffies most Richmond supporters are very rational about our chances and it's the media talking us up more than anything.

We know we have the much harder side of the draw and after our epic game against west coast a few weeks ago where let's be honest the rain saved us, then add in nic nat on a dry September night that will be a cracker or the other option is geelong who famously can't play after a bye and still only lost to you blokes by 10 poinys and will be coming off beating west coast.

Give me gws or Brisbane over that anyday.

P.s I understand your 1 in 4 so get down off your high house

Grrr

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Any side can beat any side in finals. Last years GF showed that. Collingwood seemed a monty at half time only to lose. Sides get on a roll and are hard to beat, even Melbourne looked a shot half way through the finals series. There is no way any side should be more than marginally in front of another right now.

Tiger Toffee

🏆🏆🏆🏆
May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
I think you'll find outside of bigfooty nuffies most Richmond supporters are very rational about our chances and it's the media talking us up more than anything.

We know we have the much harder side of the draw and after our epic game against west coast a few weeks ago where let's be honest the rain saved us, then add in nic nat on a dry September night that will be a cracker or the other option is geelong who famously can't play after a bye and still only lost to you blokes by 10 poinys and will be coming off beating west coast.

Give me gws or Brisbane over that anyday.

P.s I understand your 1 in 4 so get down off your high house
Please tell me you are trolling with this post and that you don't actually believe anything you wrote.

Tiger Toffee

🏆🏆🏆🏆
May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
So brisbane or gws isnt easier than the cats or west coast?
And yes west coast were killing us until it rained
And even more yes we have a 1 in 4 chance
1. No
2. No they weren't, you obviously missed the 2nd qtr when it was dry and we were killing them, should've been 2 goals up at HT.
3. Yes we are 1 in 4, but we are the best of the 4.

Bazzar

Hall of Famer
May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
West Coast killing us before it rained? Dont think so.

In the dry, Eagles won by 24 in the first, Tiges won by 15 in the second.

The big wet. 3rd qtr, no score in the first 12 minutes then Tiges won by 8

Back in the dry, 4th qtr Tiges won by 7

First half completely dry Eagles by 9pts
Second half 50%wet Tigers by 15 pts

harrythetiger

Jack Graham That Is 🏆
Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
1) Yeah probably
2) 2nd quarter was dry. Overall I think that game was more West Coast far better in the first quarter, us a bit better in the next 3. No doubt the wet favours us but the difference isn't as stark as it's been made out. We just kept getting wet games as we were coming into form. Last 2 games have been totally dry and we've beaten the same top 4 opponent home and away
3) We're a little more than that. I get the rationale behind it but the games aren't a coin toss. Even if we assume teams are of equal quality I'd say its
Us/Pies - 30%
Cats/Eagles/Lions/Giants - 10%
Thanks to travel, venue, and rest.

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes, judging by the responses, it appears the Richmond nuffies still don't understand the rationale of Richmond being a one in 4 chance of winning the flag, despite there still being six teams left in the race...
I'm more concerned that they tried to use an equation for counting primes to prove their case. Clearly neither 4 or 6 are prime numbers. Riemann would be outraged.

Top Bottom