Votes: 97 36.6%
  • Richmond by 30+

Votes: 41 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry, i don't believe in fairy tales
you lost = we are better

You're a very simple man huh? Yeah in the end you were better, and in the end you won. Good observational skills, but you weren't the better team around the ground in the first half, which is what this whole conversation is about.

Side note - but you realise that the better side doesn't always win too right? We beat Geelong a month back and you wouldn't find many people saying we were the better team.

We were the clear better side in the first half, which was when that was posted. You're right, you ended up being the better side on the day, congratulations.

Get off the pipe you were not the clear better side in the first half, in the first quarter yes no argument. After quarter time it was all Richmond 15 goals to 4.

Let's not take away from the fact that in the 2nd quarter the lions were held goalless, so how on earth can you make that ridiculous statement, Richmond, on the other hand, kicked 4 goals and 3 behinds.
Lions kicked 4 behinds and missed a couple of easy shots but Cotchin too missed an easy shot on goal 10 metres out in the first 45 seconds of the 2nd qtr.

We beat Geelong a month back and you wouldn't find many people saying we were the better team.

STOP!!! think what you just wrote! Correct the cats were the better side but you only pipped them in the last 2 minutes of the game by a point, hence why most thought that. They weren't comprehensively smashed by 8 goals and had the cats been beaten by 8 goals no one in their right mind would think they were the better team on the day.

Against Richmond, the Lions played one very good quarter that's it, had moments in the 2nd quarter but overall from the 2nd qtr onwards it was an avalanche of goals.

Your grasping at straws and trying every avenue to suit your own narrative, give it up!

STOP!!! think what you just wrote! Correct the cats were the better side but you only pipped them in the last 2 minutes of the game by a point, hence why most thought that. They weren't comprehensively smashed by 8 goals and had the cats been beaten by 8 goals no one in their right mind would think they were the better team on the day.

Against Richmond, the Lions played one very good quarter that's it, had moments in the 2nd quarter but overall from the 2nd qtr onwards it was an avalanche of goals.

Your grasping at straws and trying every avenue to suit your own narrative, give it up!

My argument has remained the same, and correct, the whole time. You guys just interpret it as 'Brisbane were better' and see red. The fact that you're not sure on the difference between your and you're gives a bit away about you.

You're talking 8 goals and third quarter stats and 'on the day'. My post was purely regarding the first half - I've acknowledged we obviously weren't the better side beyond that lol. The Geelong thing was also a side point, not a crux of any argument. Like I say though, a few of you are failing to interpret things properly and just seeing red.

Apart from goal kicking, Brisbane were the better team around the ground in the first half. 4 more scoring shots shows that, as I presume any stats at half time like contested ball and I50's would. It's not a slight on Richmond my dude, relax, you won, they proved they're the big strong powerhouse you've always thought they were. Doesn't make my initial post any less accurate.

7 Years ago i posted on the Brisbane Lions board that Andrew Raines was no way good enough to tag Dustin Martin - And got banned from their board for doing so and am still banned but let me say this.

The entire Brisbane lions team is not good enough to get within 10 goals of Richmond in the GF if both teams make it and to think they were the better team in the first half last saturday even though Richmond were leading by 2 goals just demonstrated how delusional this mob are. Your team didnt have enough experience or quality to handle the pressure and panicked when it counted - Simply not good enough

Brisbane folk, give up please.

Richmond supporters unfortunately cannot see or hear anything that doesn't say their team is the best in the competition, and by a long way.

There was so much commentary last season about Collingwood matching up well against Richmond, despite the final margin in both of their home and away matches blowing out for various reasons.

We copped #injurieslol and #sobrave, which in the end was extremely funny given how their 2018 season turned out for them.

They have had a lot go right for them these past few weeks and I for one am looking forward to seeing them put back in their box, because they are far from the invincible force that many of their deluded supporters think they are.

They are a 1 in 4 chance to win the flag this year, no more no less.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

I never understand this argument of we played better but missed our chances. The whole point of finals footy is taking your chances. If one team has 25 scoring shots and kicks 21.4 V a side who has 30 shos and kicks 8.22. It counts for nothing. One thing counts and that is putting the ball through the goals.
Exactly. A missed shot is just a turnover you get a point for. And defensive zones mean you have a good chance to lock it in and get repeat entries, as we saw on Saturday night.

Alot gone right? We have won our way through by our own winning. Collingwood has a lot gone right for them the last 8 weeks. You have basically won the lottery and your arrogant fans think the premiership is theirs already. You just better hope you guys don't screw up your dream run & choke like the GF last year.
Good luck.
Oh and yes before I get reminded for the 1000th time yes you beat us in the Prelim last year congrats.

Richmond supporters unfortunately cannot see or hear anything that doesn't say their team is the best in the competition, and by a long way.

There was so much commentary last season about Collingwood matching up well against Richmond, despite the final margin in both of their home and away matches blowing out for various reasons.

We copped #injurieslol and #sobrave, which in the end was extremely funny given how their 2018 season turned out for them.

They have had a lot go right for them these past few weeks and I for one am looking forward to seeing them put back in their box, because they are far from the invincible force that many of their deluded supporters think they are.

Great, another poster from outside of Brissy and Richmond who needs to make the thread about the lack of attention they get

Are you lost mate?

Thought you'd be preparing for the GF - according to a lot of other pies posters you're already there.

Last edited:
My argument has remained the same, and correct, the whole time. You guys just interpret it as 'Brisbane were better' and see red. The fact that you're not sure on the difference between your and you're gives a bit away about you.

You're talking 8 goals and third quarter stats and 'on the day'. My post was purely regarding the first half - I've acknowledged we obviously weren't the better side beyond that lol. The Geelong thing was also a side point, not a crux of any argument. Like I say though, a few of you are failing to interpret things properly and just seeing red.

Apart from goal kicking, Brisbane were the better team around the ground in the first half. 4 more scoring shots shows that, as I presume any stats at half time like contested ball and I50's would. It's not a slight on Richmond my dude, relax, you won, they proved they're the big strong powerhouse you've always thought they were. Doesn't make my initial post any less accurate.

The moment someone mentions grammar or spelling etc they have been smashed in the argument. If you relax for a moment and take note of what you're saying you will realise that when a team loses by 8 goals forget everything else stats, shots on goal there is no argument. You lions fans crack me up that you can't fathom what tiger fans are saying. First it was RD 23 hearing all the crap that you learnt this and that blah blah blah but hey tigers didnt learn anything from that game to improve. Well, we did and the end result was more on your home deck.

Lollllll relax im very relaxed do you notice how condescending you're in your posts but thats ok if my team lost by 8 goals and likely straight sets out i would feel nervous like you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you had an ounce of respect on big footy some might take you seriously but most just laugh at your posts, forever hating on Richmond, cant take a hater seriously and here we go again stalking the rich v lions board.

Don't worry about us champ worry bout kicking more than 75 points, 61 v cats thats cute.

A lot go right for us LOL we have beaten eagles and lions twice that's high-quality opponents. Your form going in dees, GC, crows and bombers hardly a measuring stick to being tested. Anyway many pies fans i know have already said they will be in the granny, geez what i would love for lions or GWS to knock you off your porch.

61 is a very cute score in a Qualifying Final when your opponent scores 60 or less.

But enough about Collingwood, this thread is about Brisbane and Richmond.
Then move to a Collingwood thread & keep your hatred & jealously to yourself or with your other simple minded mates. Your comments are irrelevant to any of us.

Yep, the better side who didn't take their chances and ended up behind as a result of it. This isn't a hard concept.

Neither team took their chances early in the game and both suffered as a result. Brisbane didn't take their chances inside their forward 50 kicking for goal. Richmond didn't take their chances clearing Brisbane's 50 and pushing forward.

Then move to a Collingwood thread & keep your hatred & jealously to yourself or with your other simple minded mates. Your comments are irrelevant to any of us.
Sorry, didn't realise Gameday threads were the exclusive domain of supporters of the clubs playing in said games?

I'll comment where and when I choose to, thank you.

I agree with what you’re saying, but I think Richmond won the battle on the two ends. Brisbane dominated the midfield in the first quarter, which is what led to their constant repeat inside 50s because we struggled to get it into our forward 50. Our defence and forward line were superb though. In the first quarter we scored a goal from 50% of our inside 50s whereas Brisbane managed 4 from 23 due to players like Grimes intercepting.

The second quarter was the real wasted quarter for Brisbane. They had 4 relatively simple shots at goal that they missed. I was surprised that we were not only leading, but leading by 11 points. Players like Cameron missed shots they would normally get.

After half time though it was just an avalanche of goals from Richmond. The moment Dustin Martin scored the first goal of the third quarter I had a feeling the game was over. It’s like you could see the Brisbane players’ heads drop and then go through the motions from there on.

I think this experience probably benefitted them more than what a narrow win for example would have. Conceding 18 goals and only 4 behinds in a final is an extreme example of what can happen, meaning that they’ll probably make sure their own accuracy is in check for the remaining games.

My take. Overall Brisbane was well beaten by a better team.

But, the Lions have so much talent that as it matures they should become a very very good team. Likely contenders over the next 5ish years. Should win a premiership, but we know that is not foreordained.

The 2 teams play almost opposite game styles. In the end the Tigers dominated the corridor and forced the Lions to take shots from wider out, and often with pressure on. But they still missed a lot of easy shots. Most of the tiger goals we easy shots from in front, often within 20 m. The Tigers out ran the Lions, and slowly ground them down.

Give the Lions more maturity and development and there is no reason they won't be able to deal with that sort of pressure. It's much the same as when a defender is out bodied and just hangs on. Easy free, that's stupid play.

Can you name the 4 teams !

I agree with what you’re saying, but I think Richmond won the battle on the two ends. Brisbane dominated the midfield in the first quarter, which is what led to their constant repeat inside 50s because we struggled to get it into our forward 50. Our defence and forward line were superb though. In the first quarter we scored a goal from 50% of our inside 50s whereas Brisbane managed 4 from 23 due to players like Grimes intercepting.

The second quarter was the real wasted quarter for Brisbane. They had 4 relatively simple shots at goal that they missed. I was surprised that we were not only leading, but leading by 11 points. Players like Cameron missed shots they would normally get.

After half time though it was just an avalanche of goals from Richmond. The moment Dustin Martin scored the first goal of the third quarter I had a feeling the game was over. It’s like you could see the Brisbane players’ heads drop and then go through the motions from there on.

I think this experience probably benefitted them more than what a narrow win for example would have. Conceding 18 goals and only 4 behinds in a final is an extreme example of what can happen, meaning that they’ll probably make sure their own accuracy is in check for the remaining games.

Yeah this is bang on. You guys had a very hard time getting it out, but when you did, you got it right a lot of the time and rendered our defenders helpless with quick and smart ball movement.

After half time yeah I think it would have been the second goal you scored where I realised that they'd dropped their heads and that this well might be over. You're right too in that it should be very beneficial for us in both showing that our best is good enough and also what the best teams can do to you in a matter of minutes if you don't take your chances/drop your head/go at anything less than 100%. I think we learnt plenty from the last match, and it showed at the start, but it all means nothing without putting it on the scoreboard.

The moment someone mentions grammar or spelling etc they have been smashed in the argument. If you relax for a moment and take note of what you're saying you will realise that when a team loses by 8 goals forget everything else stats, shots on goal there is no argument. You lions fans crack me up that you can't fathom what tiger fans are saying. First it was RD 23 hearing all the crap that you learnt this and that blah blah blah but hey tigers didnt learn anything from that game to improve. Well, we did and the end result was more on your home deck.

Lollllll relax im very relaxed do you notice how condescending you're in your posts but thats ok if my team lost by 8 goals and likely straight sets out i would feel nervous like you

Nah the moment someone demonstrates that they don't know the difference between your and you're is when it's really hammered home that you may as well be debating with a stack of bricks. Still talking about the second half blowout as if that has anything to do with anything I've said at any stage ITT.

gg

Nah the moment someone demonstrates that they don't know the difference between your and you're is when it's really hammered home that you may as well be debating with a stack of bricks. Still talking about the second half blowout as if that has anything to do with anything I've said at any stage ITT.

gg
Bears lost by 8 goals mate...time to move on.

Back