Preview Brisbane Lions v West Coast Eagles @ The Gabba, Saturday 4:35 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t suggest. He said it was worse.

I know you don't mean to, but it tends to irk when you're so literal.

Saying "suggested" is just a figure of speech.

If I read a post that quoted Cam saying he suggested Hippy's injury was worse, I'd be still in hope that it wasn't and assume that Cam really didn't know.

Cam was very clear about it being a worse injury, and clarified that by saying hippy had done the ACL and also torn the miniscues. Horrible news, cause it doesn't heal well cause it's low blood supply.

I personally would prefer to read the direct message.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Massive outs for the Eagles. Really need to show the same intent as the pies game and smash them by 10+ goals. I'll be cheering equally as hard for Port to win as I will be for the Lions.
There will be 2 highly motivated teams tomorrow night, big payoff for the winner, Port a home final at a packed Adelaide Oval and the Dogs a top 4 berth.

Port have been very unreliable in most big season defining games in the Hinkley era, lets hope they don't disappoint tomorrow.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

Sorry if it irks you.

It irks me when people use a figure of speech incorrectly. Or aren’t literal.

And it’s really hard for me not to say something. That’s something I try to deal with and manage. Hope you understand what I mean here.

Sorry if it irks you.

It irks me when people use a figure of speech incorrectly. Or aren’t literal.

And it’s really hard for me not to say something. That’s something I try to deal with and manage. Hope you understand what I mean here.

You must be so much fun at parties. Hypothetically speaking ;)

Unchanged…..

Interesting. Would've thought if Adams is fit he's an automatic in plus would be good for him to get a game under his belt before finals after missing a few weeks.

Thats a lotta outs.

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 6.28.30 pm.png

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Interesting. Would've thought if Adams is fit he's an automatic in plus would be good for him to get a game under his belt before finals after missing a few weeks.

Surely Adams is a late in. Unless they think an extra week without a game is better for his recovery to make sure he gets through the finals series, & they're not concerned about his match fitness at all.

If we end up finishing in 4th, we'll be playing Geelong or Melbourne. Pretty sure Adams is going to be needed.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I love Robbo the same as everyone else but the way we set up last week was the best we've transitioned the ball all year.

Just sayin'. Whether it would work as well against better opposition is the question.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just hope Robbo and Adams were close to being fit
Robbo defiantly comes in for finals assuming he is okay
Adams interesting. Would have thought if ready he would need a game before finals.
Big ask to come into finals next week. That would be 6 weeks without a game.
He is am emergency so maybe a late out gives him a game.
If he does not play this week can't see him getting a gig the following week baring injuries of course

EAGLES
IN: H.Edwards, Rotham, Jones, Waterman, West
OUT: Petruccelle (omitted), Sheppard, Kelly, McGovern, Kennedy (all injured), Langdon (sub)

On the quiet

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Surely Adams is a late in. Unless they think an extra week without a game is better for his recovery to make sure he gets through the finals series, & they're not concerned about his match fitness at all.

If we end up finishing in 4th, we'll be playing Geelong or Melbourne. Pretty sure Adams is going to be needed.
Gee Lester probably gets another 19 year old with 8 games in Luke Edwards. I think there could be a late in depending on what happens with Dogs on Friday night.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That eagles line up just reeks of senior players and the club couldn’t giving a F to quarantine on the way back.
You would hope not when Toby is out coz of............. T.Nankervis (finger/foot/knee) what else could he have?

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
It's hard to imagine us not winning this game by 8 goals plus.

So our top 4 prospects would appear to rest on the outcome of the Bulldogs/Port game.

Port have been on fire and the Dogs seem to have lost their mojo. Despite the game being a notional home game for the Dogs, it will be played in front of absolutely no-one.

There is just no real home game advantage for the Dogs so I find it curious that they are starting warm favorites with Sportsbet at $1.73 (Port at $2.12)

On form, Port should win despite their record against other top 4 teams

I'm actually feeling pretty confident that we'll end up 4th

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2006
Bribie Island
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team

So our top 4 prospects would appear to rest on the outcome of the Bulldogs/Port game.

Port have been on fire and the Dogs seem to have lost their mojo. Despite the game being a notional home game for the Dogs, it will be played in front of absolutely no-one.

There is just no real home game advantage for the Dogs so I find it curious that they are starting warm favorites with Sportsbet at $1.73 (Port at $2.12)

Let’s hope you are right .
Hate knock out finals .

What would be truly despicable would be if Port did beat the Dogs but we either lost to the Eagles or won by not enough to make the percentage up - can't (actually I can ;) ) imagine the melts on here after that.

Voting for the non-despicable outcome personally :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back