Preview Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs, Round 4, Saturday April 10, 1:35 PM, MARS Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayner I hoped be a point of difference.. I was hoping he improve on last year. He is not a Bont, Dusty, Cripps type although could grow.
I still think we missing a mid who can push through tackles carrying the ball. As said a point of difference to Lyons/Neale inside.. Clugga/Zorko outside.
Berry Snr had a couple of good games just been up and down with form/injuries.
Was hoping both J Berry and Rayner step up this year.

Same as backline we have Rich/Birchall great kicks need someone with run a difference.
A few times Pies locked us in the back half we ended up kicking to a 2 on 1 or a 50/50 if that.
Lacking people presenting.. Had no one to chip to who could zip off their man then get over the wall with the carry and kick.

Our zippier players are in the forward half Cameron, Linc and T Berry..

What is Marcus Adams getting revenge for?

Bont didn't give him a high five when Adams kicked a goal back in 2017.

Must be it, because I'm pretty sure the Dogs paid him good money to sit in the rehab group for most of his career there and then facilitated a straightforward trade when he wanted a fresh start.

Massive issue for us if Oscar doesn't play (don't expect he will). Grundy monstered Fullarton and Ballenden, Stef negated Grundy (always does), and he has English alongside him. We got away with it against Collingwood and Grundy giving his mids first use of the ball - while Stef and English may not dominate as much as Grundy did the Dogs mids are panels ahead of Collingwood's and far better users of the pill (save for Pendles).

Our defenders are slow, I can see plenty of opportunity for their mids to clear it and move it quickly into their forward line - we'll need to be defending the space in front of their forwards. I'm not worried about Bruce, but I am about Naughton. And while he's much more dangerous on the ball, if he finds himself forward (likely at times) Bont is more than capable of doing plenty of damage. And Dunkley, too. Our mids won't be afforded the same opportunity, but will need to take every chance they get to get the pill down to our forwards who on paper look much stronger than what the Dogs defenders do. Wouldn't take any notice of the Dogs defenders allowing Norf to kick just 39 points with their forward line of same game multi Stephenson, Zurhaar, Turner, LDU, Larkey and Thomas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive issue for us if Oscar doesn't play (don't expect he will). Grundy monstered Fullarton and Ballenden, Stef negated Grundy (always does), and he has English alongside him. We got away with it against Collingwood and Grundy giving his mids first use of the ball - while Stef and English may not dominate as much as Grundy did the Dogs mids are panels ahead of Collingwood's and far better users of the pill (save for Pendles).

Our defenders are slow, I can see plenty of opportunity for their mids to clear it and move it quickly into their forward line - we'll need to be defending the space in front of their forwards. I'm not worried about Bruce, but I am about Naughton. And while he's much more dangerous on the ball, if he finds himself forward (likely at times) Bont is more than capable of doing plenty of damage. And Dunkley, too. Our mids won't be afforded the same opportunity, but will need to take every chance they get to get the pill down to our forwards who on paper look much stronger than what the Dogs defenders do. Wouldn't take any notice of the Dogs defenders allowing Norf to kick just 39 points with their forward line of same game multi Stephenson, Zurhaar, Turner, LDU, Larkey and Thomas.
if Noah Anserth isn't named in this weekend's squad, then Fagan only has himself to blame if we lose. We are desparately in need of a quick, shutdown defender and our defence (as of right now) has to be the slowest in the league. The thought of a fleet of Bulldogs players flooding into our defence with Birchall, Andrews or Rich chasing them worries me more than anything.

if Noah Anserth isn't named in this weekend's squad, then Fagan only has himself to blame if we lose. We are desparately in need of a quick, shutdown defender and our defence (as of right now) has to be the slowest in the league. The thought of a fleet of Bulldogs players flooding into our defence with Birchall, Andrews or Rich chasing them worries me more than anything.

So, you're a fan of Noah Answerth are you? Not sure I've seen you mention him before.

Edit: If there is a 'Fleet' (I would've thought it would be a pack of dogs, but nevermind), of dogs running into our defensive half, wouldn't it be the fault of our forward & midfield pressure / defense?

Omac listed as a test. Gardiner and Berry all good.

Also, Archie Smith is listed as a test and might play in the scratchie this week. McStay is only a week away.

Omac listed as a test. Gardiner and Berry all good.

Also, Archie Smith is listed as a test and might play in the scratchie this week. McStay is only a week away.

Also listed Cockatoo as only a week away. Assuming that's for VFL. He hasn't been playing any scratch matches has he?

Also listed Cockatoo as only a week away. Assuming that's for VFL. He hasn't been playing any scratch matches has he?

No clue. We didn't even hear that there was a VFL practice game v Aspley last week until Mitch Robbo's wife posted on instagram/posters in the know here commented.

Communication from the club is absolutely shocking and has been since the start of the pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back