Preview Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs, Round 4, Saturday April 10, 1:35 PM, MARS Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's really wet I'd bring in Matho for Fullarton. Daniher will have to second ruck.

Even if Matho plays forward the extra contested ball winner would still be really handy
We've all considered changes like this over the last few years, but I don't think Fagan's ever adjusted the mix of talls vs mids for the wet. Can't see it happening this week either.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We've all considered changes like this over the last few years, but I don't think Fagan's ever adjusted the mix of talls vs mids for the wet. Can't see it happening this week either.

I don't think it's going to be wet anyway

Every Lions supporter loves Stef. It was just the covid storm that resulted in him not getting another year.

he’s the thinking man’s Ben Hudson.

both very likeable, but Ben entering the half time grand final sprint raises him to best ever ruck. I don’t think I’d be brave enough to go out in front of 100000 people knowing I’d be dead last by a lot. Mind you ..... grand final tickets ....nah

Any reoprts on how Neale is tracking?

I normally advocate holding premos but if lachie is carrying a back injury he might tank your season. Hard decision to make.

Strato

Team Captain
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ballarat this Saturday. Temp: 16c
Rain: 80% Chance of Rain.
Amount: 1 to 5mm.

Team training in Ballarat.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
with weather forecast.. could be no rain or could be snow not sure they ever really know :)
We went away a few weeks ago was 5% chance of 0-2mm rain got drenched over 8mm :)

talks of a polar blast over weekend.

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Most rucks have no idea where the ball is going most of the time, you have 2 200cm 100kg fellas going for the ball it could end up anywhere.

The ruck stats against us v Grundy were an anomaly and still didn't lead to a Pies win, very rarely you see 20+ hit outs to advantage.

Very rarely? It happened to us every game English has been our #1 ruck. 😂😂

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Most rucks have no idea where the ball is going most of the time, you have 2 200cm 100kg fellas going for the ball it could end up anywhere.

The ruck stats against us v Grundy were an anomaly and still didn't lead to a Pies win, very rarely you see 20+ hit outs to advantage.
In the game I watched, Grundy kept Collingwood in the game. If he was not in the game, The Lions would have won comfortably. In true Buckley style, he downplayed the importance of Grundy's dominance so as the deflect excuses as to why he lost another game he should have won.....AGAIN.

Should the Bulldogs enjoy the same dominance that Grundy had on Saturday, I expect the Bulldogs midfield to have a day out.

Berrygood

All Australian
Aug 27, 2017
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I was a doubter last week but this week I think we can beat the doggies. Tom berry to shadow Daniels hopefully shuts them off. We need that defensive pressure we showed against Collingwood last week. We have to be all over them, stopping them getting that clean ball away. I'd be ok with resting neale, if his back is even a touch sore give him a chance to get to 100%. Same with Oscar. Let Fullerton and Ballenden take on English and Stef. At worst we play them like we played the pies in the ruck. I think Payne can take naughton, quick enough to run with and tall enough to compete. Our future isn't birch or Adams, we need to stick with him.

Out- neale, birchall/Adams or lester,
In- j berry, Gardiner,
Answerth (sub)
If Oscar does come up ok he comes in for ballenden.

Payne out for 6 weeks with a stress fracture. 6 weeks for Adam's to prove himself, lucky Darcy is reportedly fit to come in!

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Payne out for 6 weeks with a stress fracture. 6 weeks for Adam's to prove himself, lucky Darcy is reportedly fit to come in!

I swear, if they replace Payne with Gardiner rather than Answerth......

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Such rotten luck for Payne, luckily we have Gardiner coming back in and Adams looked really good last week.

Outs- Jack Payne, Connor Ballenden, Lachie Neale(back).

Ins- Darcy Gardiner, Oscar McInerney, Jarrod Berry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back